Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX3 & other Pinball sales

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yoku’s Island express is on sale on steam for 50% off ($9.99 USD) through April 8th.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...sland_Express/
    Last edited by Narc0lep5y; 04-04-2019 at 03:23 PM. Reason: link fix

My Devices
    PC, PS4, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    Yoku’s Island express is on sale on steam for 50% off ($9.99 USD) through April 8th.

<iframe src="https://store.steampowered.com/widget/334940/" frameborder="0" width="646" height="190"></iframe>
    Awesome

My Devices
    PC, PS4, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yoku's is fun
    Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/msilcommand/
    PS4 ID: msilcommand
    Leaderboard IDs: ZAK or msilcommand

"It's not that hard." - Jaws
    "Watch this, I´ll get him up" -Scared Stiff
    "Ahhh...the Picard maneuver" - STTNG
    "It's polka time!" - Cactus Jacks
    "Reintegration complete" - TX Sector

My Devices
    PC, PS4, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steam sales on FX3 today!

31% off Zen originals Season 2 bundle
    60% off Iron and Steel pack

My Devices
    PC, PS4, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marvel Pinball Avenger's Chronicles is 50% off on Steam.

Worth $4.99 for the Infinity Gauntlet and Fear Itself tables alone.

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SW tables are all discounted for SW day. Finally picked up the Solo pack. I'm still too bitter over TLJ movie to buy that one even though it's the only pack out of all the FX2/3 tables that I don't own now.

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    SW tables are all discounted for SW day. Finally picked up the Solo pack. I'm still too bitter over TLJ movie to buy that one even though it's the only pack out of all the FX2/3 tables that I don't own now.
    The Solo pack is the only one missing from my collection but even with the discount I'm on the fence. The main Solo table looks average and the other two look downright dull. I still regret purchasing the Jurassic Park pack, I don't find any of them appealing and they pale in comparison to the Data East version.

In other news, I went to the Play Expo in Manchester this weekend and ticked a few more machines off the list: Munsters / Deadpool / Iron Maiden / Metallica. They were okay but the true highlight was Twilight Zone. I've never understood why people rate that machine so highly, but the example on location completely changed my opinion, it was bloody amazing!
    Last edited by MBeeching; 05-05-2019 at 06:51 PM.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MB, I had a go on most of them as well - Munsters would need to play more to form a proper opinion. Iron Maiden & Metallica didn't do it for me, and Deadpool I didn't get to play. Twilight Zone had 2 games on, but don't know what most things do on it yet, just hitting the ball around mostly - activated magna flippers once, and by the time I realised that the ball was already on the way out. Addams Family is one that resonated with me; NBA Fastbreak was better than I thought it would be - I don't like basketball, but I do like that table. Had a go on Whirlwind, and I wouldn't have thought it possible, but the pinball got stuck on the pin at the bottom, looked like it was defying the laws of gravity to get there - pinball missing message came up on the back, but it did move with a nudge (haven't attempted nudging in play as I don't know how to do it properly on a real table).

Had a look at websites for other events, the one in Glasgow run by the same people is about half the size and trickier for me to get to so that's a non-starter. There is another one in Newcastle, but I don't know what that is like.

I've got the Solo pack, but haven't played it much yet, so can't give much guidance there.

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hallo,
    There is a sale of some FX3 packs on Playstation EU Store:

Williams Volume 3 from 9.99 to 6.99€
    SW Solo Pack - from 9.99 to 4.99€
    Jurassic World - from 9.99 to 2.99€

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flash Steam sale. 28th May (today) only, good discounts on everything. 60% off unlicensed Zen tables, 50% off licensed Zen tables, 40% off Williams packs 1 & 2, 30% off Williams pack 3.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sale time again on Steam. Large discounts on most FX3 packs, Zaccaria also with large discounts. Black Flaggers 30% off. Pro Pinball Ultra (Timeshock) 50% off.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pinball Arcade Stern Pack 2 seems to have just gone on sale for 50% off - it wasn't on sale at start of Steam sale.

My Devices
    PC, XBox One, PS4, Galaxy S8, iPad
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought Portal Pinball on Pinball FX3, only £0.99 in the steam sale, first non Williams table I've bought and very impressed, bargain! - Here's hoping the new classic physics will be added someday

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by francis247uk View Post
    Just bought Portal Pinball on Pinball FX3, only £0.99 in the steam sale, first non Williams table I've bought and very impressed, bargain! - Here's hoping the new classic physics will be added someday
    The first? See, you are exactly the customer Zen doesn't quite realize they have just sitting in waiting. If they added the new WMS physics to their originals, I imagine there'd be a huge spike in table sales, all 70+ of them.

If you are feeling like testing out some others, the Aliens and Jurassic Park packs are great, as is the pack containing Son of Zeuss and Adventureland. If you dip into Star Wars, the Solo movie pack plays great, while on the Marvel side of things so does Ant-Man. All these tables mentioned are newer, made either near the end of the FX2 lifecycle or in FX3. What that means is their design and the physics feel like what Williams does in Single Player rather than Classic, as opposed to something older like Rome or Earth Defense which might be a bit more jarring. Portal having also been a late cycle design, you'll like these listed.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PC, XBox One, PS4, Galaxy S8, iPad
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great Shutyertrap, definitely some to try out.

I mainly play FX3 on Xbox One (Got it just to play the Williams tables) however recently bought a new low end laptop and thought I'd give FX3 a try on there - ended up buying the first 3 Williams table packs, the portal table & the walking dead game table in the steam sale as well, so they haven't done too bad out of me!

I like on the Steam version how you can test all the tables prior to buying - that functionality doesn't exist on the console versions which is s shame.

Just love the theme of the portal table, perfect fit for a table - when/if it goes on sale on Xbox one, will definitely cross buy!

Wonder how many people out there have every table across more than one platform - this hobby/obsession could become very expensive very quickly :-)

Will have to stick to sales I think....

My Devices
    Andriod, PS3, PS4.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every FX3 table has a short trial on the PS4.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    The first? See, you are exactly the customer Zen doesn't quite realize they have just sitting in waiting. If they added the new WMS physics to their originals, I imagine there'd be a huge spike in table sales, all 70+ of them.
    Can they? Aren't the tables more like fantasy pinball and not as adaptable to realistic physics?

That said, I can't get into their original tables. More cartoon than pinball.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yespage View Post
    Can they? Aren't the tables more like fantasy pinball and not as adaptable to realistic physics?

That said, I can't get into their original tables. More cartoon than pinball.
    Just because there are fantasy elements on a table doesn't mean the flipper and rubber physics can't be realistic. The ball spin and friction with the surface can also be integrated despite fantasy elements. More to the point, Zen was able to place fantasy elements on the Williams tables without ruining anything.

I keep bringing up the Aliens table, or even Alien: Isolation as tables that could be replicated in the real world, just without the character animations. The Wolverine table is another example, where most of the components on the table are based on real mechanics. But then even tables with virtual ramps, like Infinity Gauntlet or Portal, it doesn't matter in a digital creation if it's supposed to look like it's an invisible ramp, it simply acts as a real one.

There are some tables, like Earth Defense, where the physics of a ball traveling all the wire trails probably couldn't happen if real physics were in place, but you just pretend there's accelerator magnets (like in The Getaway's supercharger) that are moving the ball along and call it a day. And similar to how some of the shots in Williams don't quite work as designed with the easier Zen physics, the opposite could be true with real physics making certain shots no longer work with Zen originals. That's where tweaking would need to take place. I can tell you this, Deep really wants to do this. He even said the next Zen originals are being designed with the dual physics model that all the Williams tables are currently getting. Zen just needs to see that there is monetary justification in going back and spending man hours adding the WMS physics to older Zen tables, as they have no intention of making us have to re-purchase such an upgrade. They had a large influx of downloads of the FX3 platform with the introduction of the Williams tables, which translates to a large audience who has yet to purchase the last 8 years of tables. It's practically free money other than the new development cost.
    I'm just sayin'

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the contrary, I think Zen are more than aware of the numbers involved in potential sales on those tables, should they invest the time applying the new physics model to them. From what I can gather, applying the new model to the old tables would be a very large undertaking for Zen at a time when I expect they want to maximize their efforts on the WMS license, along with other potential licenses.

I think it's likely that Zen have figured that the return on investment just isn't worth it.

It's a shame because I am one of those customers you're speaking of, and would definitely purchase the older tables if they were updated with new physics.

Unfortunately, no matter how much the price comes down on the older dlc, I won't be buying them without a physics update. But the thing is though, I'm happy with that.

I'm happy with the direction Zen are currently going and I would prefer they stay focused on the WMS license and any new tables that incorporate the new physics engine, than investing huge amounts of time and resources updating old tables that were never designed to incorporate the new physics engine in the first place.

And I would much rather look forward to what Zen have lined up for us in the future, than worry about what I might have had in the past.

Bring it on Zen!

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have the quick play and news sections that act as subtle adverts, maybe part of it (could be something they have already done) is working out which tables someone who has only bought the Williams tables is most likely to enjoy and try and get them to buy a pack or two of those. After someone has got over that hurdle and bought a table or two that they like, its a slippery slope to buying all of them over time.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Whatever the case, it's gonna take time. Even putting the new flipper physics into the prior 10 WMS tables is gonna take time (but hopefully will be ready by Vol 5 update). In all honesty, I think they'll wait until that next Zen original drops and gauge the response of sales on that. If they see that Williams only customers bought it, then the proof of concept is a winner and going back to do case by case conversions of older tables will make sense. If the sales are no different from when the WMS crowd wasn't around, then it'll make no financial sense other than making it the new normal for all future builds going forward.

Hey @deep, how 'bout trying out those Williams physics on Sorcerer's Lair in the next beta build? Even if it's not perfect, I'd love to feel the difference.
    I'm just sayin'

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @deep, how 'bout trying out those Williams physics on Sorcerer's Lair in the next beta build? Even if it's not perfect, I'd love to feel the difference.
    That is a great idea to get some feedback from it even if in the short term they don't intend to release the new physics on Sorcerer's Lair. Another piece in the puzzle anyway.

Zen Studios Employee
    My Devices
    Jurassic Park pinball, Killer Instinct arcade, PC, PS4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, it's not up to me. Although I tried the WMS physics on the BTTF table and it plays pretty good. I will try to convince the decider guys to make it happen.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Sorry, it's not up to me. Although I tried the WMS physics on the BTTF table and it plays pretty good. I will try to convince the decider guys to make it happen.
    Oh man, the fact you already tried it out fills me with joy (and envy). Thanks for the reply!

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Deep, thanks for all your efforts. It's very much appreciated.

As we all know, the physics is one thing but adjusting the gameplay on each table to account for the new play style is a whole other can of worms!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast