Have Farsight stopped doing tournaments?

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
There hasn't been one since August, and that was that awful 5 minute 4 table thing. I used to absolutely love the full week, once a month, 20 minute, 8 table tournaments. Have they just packed in? Anyone know?
Come on Farsight bring them back!

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
They mentioned in one of the last Twitch streams they were having issues with tournaments and were trying to fix it but never said any ETA, did say no more Williams/Bally tables in future tournaments though due to losing the license.

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
Obviously the tournament feature has no priority for Farsight - the last working one was in March or April.

You are right it seems they don't care about the tournaments.This is yet another example of Farsight's incredible shortsightedness. The monthly tournaments were the main drive for me to keep coming back and keep buying the games. I'm sure there are many others who felt the same as hundreds of people across the platforms entered them. But Farsight choose now, the time they most need to keep their fanbase interested and loyal, to drop the tournaments. They really are beyond belief.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
You are right it seems they don't care about the tournaments.This is yet another example of Farsight's incredible shortsightedness. The monthly tournaments were the main drive for me to keep coming back and keep buying the games. I'm sure there are many others who felt the same as hundreds of people across the platforms entered them. But Farsight choose now, the time they most need to keep their fanbase interested and loyal, to drop the tournaments. They really are beyond belief.
Just compare the tournaments and other simular community activities in TPA (absolutely nothing) with ZEN (WOW!). They are worlds apart. And this says a lot about the future of FS in digital pinball . Looks like a silent retirement to me. Old Gottlieb-tables and unpopular Stern-tables like "Big Buck Hunter" combined with a little bit outdated engine (PS4) and relative high prising will -imho- not consolidate the future.
Sad, 'cause the start of SPA on PS4 with Enterprise, AC-DC and Ghostbusters had given hope for the future. I still love to play these tables. Even some of the last TPA-tables like Sorcerer or Fathom were well done (but are now retired, due to the Williams-Bally-licence issue).

I don't wanna fuss, just my opinion.

Last edited:

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
IMO they were only doing their tournaments to sell tables. It worked on me when I played Steam. I would buy any tables I didn't own to play a tournament. After the license loss, the financial return is no longer there in programming a tournament.

Jul 6, 2017
IMO they were only doing their tournaments to sell tables. [...] I would buy any tables I didn't own to play a tournament.

Which is just a good reason to do so...
After I discovered Pinball arcade, I always purchased any new season pass, and was just happy to play any tournament, and couldn't wait for the next one.
I even bought the arcooda version, just in case that I will build a cabinet in the future to have the most possible support for it.

Finally there is no other possibility to play a tournament, because there is no working online option in TPA.
I won't be able to take part in any kind of league, tournament or whatever - unless I will play a hotseat session with a couple of friends @home.

I just try to recall when I started TPA the last time....
Can't remember....

Jake_Ry4n

Oct 9, 2018
Look. I'll say it. Just close Farsight already . No loss. Give everything to Zen. Stern. Gottlieb. All of it. Done.

bmsuseluda

Jun 1, 2018
Look. I'll say it. Just close Farsight already . No loss. Give everything to Zen. Stern. Gottlieb. All of it. Done.

I think a lot of people in this forum would lose one of their biggest hobby: Writing negative comments without arguments all the time -.-

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Which is just a good reason to do so...
After I discovered Pinball arcade, I always purchased any new season pass, and was just happy to play any tournament, and couldn't wait for the next one.
I even bought the arcooda version, just in case that I will build a cabinet in the future to have the most possible support for it.

I agree, nothing wrong with it. I was just speculating that it no longer pays for them to bother with their tournaments. I mean it's not a dig on Farsight or TPA, just an unfortunate reality that they are facing. I still do play TPA, but I think alot of people have written it off in favor of the next (and next and next and next) Zen studios releases of Bally / Williams.

For me, that novelty has worn off and I have gone back to TPA as regularly as I had been playing before. And I love Zen's stuff, don't get me wrong on that either. But I have not found it compelling enough to abandon TPA just yet. If FarSight can save it, God bless 'em. If not, well, Zaccaria is coming to my XBOX, yaay. I will never run out of pinball between them and Zen :)

Members online

Members online