Touch Input

grunger106

Feb 2, 2013
Sorry for asking this but I can't actually find a definitive answer

Does the steam version support touch input?
I know it didn't the last time I looked at it, but that was a few years ago now (or more correctly it did, but it was disabled so as to not break XP compatibility)

As I can't find a yes I assume this is a no, but I thought I'd check for sure.

Got a SurfaceGo and was thinking of sticking TPA on it....

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Sorry for asking this but I can't actually find a definitive answer

Does the steam version support touch input?
I know it didn't the last time I looked at it, but that was a few years ago now (or more correctly it did, but it was disabled so as to not break XP compatibility)

As I can't find a yes I assume this is a no, but I thought I'd check for sure.

Got a SurfaceGo and was thinking of sticking TPA on it....

I've tried playing TPA on my Zenbook in tablet mode but unfortunately it's not supported. It's agonisingly close to working but that's due to Windows rather than support from Farsight.

The screen acts as a mouse so it is possible to navigate the UI and launch a table, but the onscreen controls only control the plunger and left flipper. It's also not possible to pause or exit the table as there are no on-screen icons.

I honestly don't think it would be that difficult for Farsight to implement but there's probably not enough demand. It's a shame as the game would be great in tablet/portrait mode.

If there's a 3rd party application which allows you to set keyboard commands to specific areas of the screen it would be possible (e.g. split the screen into a grid of 4/6/8 segments and bind a key to the zone), has anyone heard of such a thing?

Additional note: FX2 has native touch support, FX3 also works but requires a cabinet code.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.