Patch 1.29 NA and 1.30 EU

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
I think it's more that was censored than just that. Wasn't the mermaid's swimsuit painted over? And some DMD animations removed as well?
You need to keep in mind, these tables are extremely PG rated as it is. If tables such as Scared Stiff, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Bride of Pin•Bot, or hundreds of other pins aimed at mature audiences ever do show up on Zen's platform they would be completely butchered.

Zen has done a nice job on the tables, aside from the censorship. They look nice. Though I still prefer the Farsight physics. I can't seem to nudge the ball on the Zen tables without tilting as the nudges barely do anything. And I also miss playing the tables with GlowBalls™ in a dark room.
If Zen adds some VR options then I'd probably play them much more than I do now.

I'm just glad I bought the Farsight tables when I did.

The judging in PBA is easy mode to be honest... You can't judge all that easy if at all on a real table without tilting right away... Even on a real table it's really hard to nudge without a warning or a full blown tilt... Sure you can knock/bang on the side, but it doesn't really do anything... Plus the tables in real life are heavy...

Don't even try to tell me you can nudge a table like you can on PBA because we'll all know you are lying... Not even pro's nice the table as often or as easy on real table and mostly rely on accurate shots and ball control...

That's why the nudging on Zen's tables are more true to real tables and even then it's still more forgiving on the game versus a real table... Nudging on a Zen table is about getting the judge at the right time, not just to make the ball go the other way, basically it requires actual skill and timing to use the nudge correctly...

I'm the first to admit that I can do waaayyy better on PBA versus real tables because of how easy it is to nudge the ball as well how slow/floaty it can be...

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
I have a question about SPA if anyone can answer it, I've seen lots of comments saying the SPA app does many things better than the TPA app in terms of things like lightning and physics etc. so my question is simple how come these latest two "Stern" table releases are not being put on the so called better app?

Is the SPA app no longer being updated/supported?

Thanks! in advance for any feedback on this.

Who knows, considering they released BBH & WN on PBA first instead of Stern PBA, then I'm assuming they are abandoning the Stern PBA version and just going to PBA which is unfortunate, because as you pointed out, that is the better version and I think it's because these was built for current consoles and wasn't a port...

They even announced that BBH & WN was supposed to be Stern PBA table's...

Plus they just released a new video/trailer advertising Stern PBA for oculus rift I think it's called? Or whatever that VR set is... So it doesn't really seem like they know what they are doing... I know I wouldn't buy that considering it hasn't been supported on current systems since they released Ghostbusters and since BBH & WN was supposed to be exclusive to that as was all the other ones like AC-DC, Star Trek, Mustang, then it just looks like a quick cash in.. If it was the regular PBA then on cause then you know there would be more tables, but right now they are just getting what was already out and no promise or word if anything else will be added, especially since they didn't release the 2 latest tables on both versions...

RJB

May 1, 2013
Who knows, considering they released BBH & WN on PBA first instead of Stern PBA, then I'm assuming they are abandoning the Stern PBA version and just going to PBA which is unfortunate, because as you pointed out, that is the better version and I think it's because these was built for current consoles and wasn't a port...

They even announced that BBH & WN was supposed to be Stern PBA table's...

Plus they just released a new video/trailer advertising Stern PBA for oculus rift I think it's called? Or whatever that VR set is... So it doesn't really seem like they know what they are doing... I know I wouldn't buy that considering it hasn't been supported on current systems since they released Ghostbusters and since BBH & WN was supposed to be exclusive to that as was all the other ones like AC-DC, Star Trek, Mustang, then it just looks like a quick cash in.. If it was the regular PBA then on cause then you know there would be more tables, but right now they are just getting what was already out and no promise or word if anything else will be added, especially since they didn't release the 2 latest tables on both versions...

Appreciate the feedback:)

I think it's a real shame that SPA has not got some more love thrown at it from Farsight, having been playing AC DC, Ghostbusters, Mustang & Star Trek on both TPA & SPA it's clear that these tables still look so much better in SPA so I feel it was a mistake from Farsight not to release BBH & WN for SPA.

SPA still hardly has any tables overall so it would have made much more sense to add these latest two tables to arguably the better app.

I would really love to see Farsight at least update the trophy list for SPA before they abandon the app altogether, still there are only trophies for Frankenstein witch is quite pathetic really, be nice to have some trophies for each table as there are so few in the game, if your around [MENTION=7016]Tom Devaney[/MENTION] any clue on the future of SPA? and if we are likely to see it improved/updated any further

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
And...to repeat myself...Why do FS charge full prize for Stern-tables, I already bought for SPA on PS4 in TPA? The promise by FS was to get these tables like AC-DC for free in TPA, wasn´t it? Until today no answer for that question?

Last edited:

bmsuseluda

Jun 1, 2018
And...to repeat myself...Why do FS charge full prize for Stern-tables, I already bought for SPA on PS4 in TPA? The promise by FS was to get these tables like AC-DC for free in TPA, wasn´t it? Until today no answer for that question?

on switch there is cross buy between spa and tpa and it works for me. on ps4 it should work the same way. if it doesnt work contact the support.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Thanks bnsuseluda, but it doesnt work. Ingame and direct from psn-shop the tables are shown up with 9,99 Euros (AC-DC, Star Trek, Ghostbusters) each.

Has anyone here got the tables via crossbuy for free (PS4 in Europe)? I bought the tables for SPA not in the bundles, I got them as standalone tables for 9,99. Maybe that is the reason.

Last edited:

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Thanks bnsuseluda, but it doesnt work. Ingame and direct from psn-shop the tables are shown up with 9,99 Euros (AC-DC, Star Trek, Ghostbusters) each.

Has anyone here got the tables via crossbuy for free (PS4 in Europe)? I bought the tables for SPA not in the bundles, I got them as standalone tables for 9,99. Maybe that is the reason.

Nope. Cross buy between TPA and SPA doesn't work for me either on the PS4 in Europe. I can't play the tables I bought in TPA in SPA and vice versa. The shop still demands that I buy them first.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I think when this happened on the PS4, I went through the PSN customer service and after a bit we got it up and running.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The judging in PBA is easy mode to be honest... You can't judge all that easy if at all on a real table without tilting right away... Even on a real table it's really hard to nudge without a warning or a full blown tilt... Sure you can knock/bang on the side, but it doesn't really do anything... Plus the tables in real life are heavy...

Don't even try to tell me you can nudge a table like you can on PBA because we'll all know you are lying... Not even pro's nice the table as often or as easy on real table and mostly rely on accurate shots and ball control...

That's why the nudging on Zen's tables are more true to real tables and even then it's still more forgiving on the game versus a real table... Nudging on a Zen table is about getting the judge at the right time, not just to make the ball go the other way, basically it requires actual skill and timing to use the nudge correctly...

I'm the first to admit that I can do waaayyy better on PBA versus real tables because of how easy it is to nudge the ball as well how slow/floaty it can be...

Nope.. I'm not lying. You have no idea how I play. I've been playing pinball in an arcade setting since the 70's and I nudge without tilting. I also perform dead drops, live catches, and death saves, where the ball drains SDTM and with a few hard nudges will bounce back up through the out lane. I've done all of these on real machines as well as on Pinball Arcade with the latest physics, but I can't do them on Zen Pinball.

Watch and learn..

And there are players who nudge the machines far harder than this too.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
This all depends on setup. Being a pinball machine owner myself. I can tell you first hand that both tilt sensitivity and the force needed to nudge can be adjusted. It's up to the operator of the machine and most of them are going to make them hard to nudge and very easy to tilt.

For the tilt/warning, there is an adjustable device called the Tilt Bob. The closer the Bob is to the ring, the more sensitive it is. I have mine set farthest away (low as it can go) from the ring. I literally have to shake the machine extremely hard to trigger a title warning.

As for the force of the nudge. Raising the levelers as high as they can go will make the machine super easy to nudge. It doesn't matter if the machine weighs 300lb or not.

Don't even try to tell me you can nudge a table like you can on PBA because we'll all know you are lying... Not even pro's nice the table as often or as easy on real table and mostly rely on accurate shots and ball control.
I think the video that Spoonman posted did a good job of shooting down your point.

Also, the floaty ball physics in PBA can be replicated on a real machine by giving the playfield a fresh coat of wax. You'll be amazed at how fast that ball can go with a fresh coat of carnauba wax.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Just not interested in either of these tables. FarSight, please just fix the bugs. The fact that it took you this long to release new content and so many of the existing bugs are still present leaves me to believe that you’ve just about given up.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Also, the floaty ball physics in PBA can be replicated on a real machine by giving the playfield a fresh coat of wax. You'll be amazed at how fast that ball can go with a fresh coat of carnauba wax.

This. There was a Corvette I played "back in the day" and I always loved playing it right after it had been cleaned and freshly waxed. Probably the fastest table I've ever played. (I owned that table, while everyone else in the arcade lined up to play GnR.)

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I'll have to say that the recent audio bugs that happened with the most recent patch really detracts from my enjoyment of TPA at the moment. Really looking forward to the next patch that will hopefully fix most of that. Would really like Tom to chime in with a progress update.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017

I think you are missing my explanation of the ball being floaty on PBA compared to Zen... The ball is slower and floaty like on PBA and on Zen it is faster and feels more like a real ball...

I just noticed the misspellings from my other post that auto correct changed NUDGING to judging, but I think everyone knew what I was meaning... Unfortunately I don't have a CPU at this time and just use my phone, so that's why simple words will get misspelled by autocorrect... Plus I use the swipe feature majority of the time and don't manually tap each letter, but I'll tap the word or letters in if the swipe isn't recognizing the word after a few tries...

Back to topic, I've noticed the audio drop out a little more now... It's like everyone says, it cuts off at the end before the full sentence finishes and sometimes cuts out a full word or two...

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
It's not just voice that does it, some music will do it too. Diner is a really good example of this. The sound is stomping all over itself in that game right now.

Just in case Tom is paying attention, Black Knight frequently loses most of its sound during play. This has been an ongoing issue for some time. Seems to have something to do with the upper playfield, but I can't be sure of that. Happens mostly during multi-ball.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
We are working on addressing the issue and should have it patched sometime soon.

I'm beginning to realize that sound problems are not exclusive to TPA. Some have reported sound troubles with PFX3. I've just bought Johnny Turbo's Arcade's Gate of Doom and the sound cracking is horrible on that game-it almost gave me a migraine.

It amazes me that a company that invented the Walkman and set the standard for sound quality in stereo equipment could put out a game system that's so riffed with sound issues.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
I'm beginning to realize that sound problems are not exclusive to TPA. Some have reported sound troubles with PFX3. I've just bought Johnny Turbo's Arcade's Gate of Doom and the sound cracking is horrible on that game-it almost gave me a migraine.

It amazes me that a company that invented the Walkman and set the standard for sound quality in stereo equipment could put out a game system that's so riffed with sound issues.

You really think, that SONY is responsible for the sound issues? Not FS? :confused:
I´ve got two PS4 with a lot of games installed and not a single other game causes cracking sound troubles.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.