Patch 1.29 NA and 1.30 EU

Jake_Ry4n

Oct 9, 2018
I'm beginning to realize that sound problems are not exclusive to TPA. Some have reported sound troubles with PFX3. I've just bought Johnny Turbo's Arcade's Gate of Doom and the sound cracking is horrible on that game-it almost gave me a migraine.

It amazes me that a company that invented the Walkman and set the standard for sound quality in stereo equipment could put out a game system that's so riffed with sound issues.

Pass me one of those wacky tabacky cigars in your avatar next please

RJB

May 1, 2013
For anyone interested I noticed that Stern Pack 3 finally went up on the UK PS Store so you can now buy BBH & WN in one cheaper pack.

I've had a few goes of each table, while neither of them are the greatest tables I've played both seem solid enough and hoping both will grow on me the more I play them.

It would be nice if Farsight release more of a big hitter next time around though, I'm happy to support them with Stern Pack 3 as at least both tables are quite unique from other tables in TPA, but, certainly be nice to get something a little more exciting in the next table pack as there are still far more exciting tables that could be released.

@Farsight Just a reminder in regard to Whoa Nellie, the High Scores still need to be fixed a.s.a.p as others have already mentioned on here, currently "impossible" to get a score on the local High Score board as the default scores are clearly wrong.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
For anyone interested I noticed that Stern Pack 3 finally went up on the UK PS Store so you can now buy BBH & WN in one cheaper pack.

I've had a few goes of each table, while neither of them are the greatest tables I've played both seem solid enough and hoping both will grow on me the more I play them.

It would be nice if Farsight release more of a big hitter next time around though, I'm happy to support them with Stern Pack 3 as at least both tables are quite unique from other tables in TPA, but, certainly be nice to get something a little more exciting in the next table pack as there are still far more exciting tables that could be released.

@Farsight Just a reminder in regard to Whoa Nellie, the High Scores still need to be fixed a.s.a.p as others have already mentioned on here, currently "impossible" to get a score on the local High Score board as the default scores are clearly wrong.

I'm not going to buy this pack either. The two tables simply aren't worth the 15 Euro's, working out at 7,50 Eur per table. Especially considering how borked & outdated TPA is. ZEN is able to give 3 tables with a way better quality for 3,33 euro per table, less then half the price.

FS needs to step up it's game (quality, engine, etc..) and step down on the pricing.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Well, I'll always buy any and every table they release. If you include the now delisted Bally/Williams tables, they are up to 100 tables in a single app. I really like that amount of variety.

But right now, I'm hoping a fix to the latest sound issues arrives sooner, rather than later.

RJB

May 1, 2013
I'm not going to buy this pack either. The two tables simply aren't worth the 15 Euro's, working out at 7,50 Eur per table. Especially considering how borked & outdated TPA is. ZEN is able to give 3 tables with a way better quality for 3,33 euro per table, less then half the price.

FS needs to step up it's game (quality, engine, etc..) and step down on the pricing.

I can't say I blame you at all, personally I still play both TPA & SPA a lot on my PS4 so I'm just happy getting another two new tables to play to mix things up a little, but, I can't argue with you that Farsight are getting a little greedy with their prices of late.

I think if Farsight come up with a few updates to further improve both TPA & SPA then these higher prices would be much easier to accept, but, your quite right they need to get a move on as many seem to be jumping ship to Zen Studios PFX3 already, I hope Farsight can get some quality updates out there before it's to late both in terms of better tables and improvements to the whole game.

Jake_Ry4n

Oct 9, 2018
I for one just hope it's to late for Farsight, Stern jumps ship to Zen and we have all of our Pinball goodness in one location.

I'll let you guys figure out the censorship.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Got the pack and they’re pretty decent; Whoa Nellie appeals to my old-timey sensibilities. Given Zen would likely take a couple of years to leverage the Stern licence (not to mention other licensing issues with content holders like CBS/Paramount for Star Trek) and no guarantees we’ll see what’s currently in TPA from them, I’m content to keep buying the packs - especially if they keep doing the SS/EM machines I enjoy most. I may eventually double-dip on Zen versions of tables, but I’m under no illusions PFX3 will ever be a “one-stop-shop” for pinball sims.

I’m kind of surprised to still see a level of dislike/dismissal of Farsight here. Their machines are still very playable and NO pinball sim will ever feel like the real thing: I don’t care if you have a monitor mounted in a cabinet and use arcade buttons or VR goggles on your face. The idea that there is a level of perfection that can be achieved in digital reproductions is illusory, so I’m just happy to play something that looks and sounds like an experience that’s become pretty rare for me otherwise.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I actually enjoy Whoa Nellie. I accepted to pay the asking price also because I want TPA development to continue, especially since a new license holder is (was?) to get on board, rumour being it's Capcom. But people do have a point that QA can improve.

RJB

May 1, 2013
I actually enjoy Whoa Nellie. I accepted to pay the asking price also because I want TPA development to continue, especially since a new license holder is (was?) to get on board, rumour being it's Capcom. But people do have a point that QA can improve.

I agree about Whoa Nellie, it's actually surprised me how fun the table actually is, the sexy artwork also feels totally unique compared to other tables in TPA, only negatives with Whoa Nellie is the local high scores are still currently broken and I feel the sound on Whoa Nellie is a little low quality which is a shame because the music and speech on this table is quite fun.

Even Big Buck Hunter Pro grows on you gradually, never be a favourite table or anything, but, can be quite enjoyable when you have a good go on it and get a few multi balls going, the sound on this table is also much clearer/louder than Whoa Nellie.

I've not heard anything about Farsight "possibly" getting another license holder on board, fingers crossed that's true, would love to see Farsight rise to the challenge of Zen Studios:)

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
They should definitely keep going even if they eventually lose Stern (which feels likely) because they have built a lot of experience that shouldn’t go to waste and there are other pinball companies out there - Atari, anyone? - that haven’t had their day.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Well, if they lose Stern (what´s the origin of that presumption, dear Sean?) only Gottlieb will last. I´m afraid, this will be the end for FS-Pinball.
They will háve to call it "Gottlieb Pinball Arcade". In this case, I will be out. So finger crossed, that Capcom will join.

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
It’s a rumour coming from the blahcade podcast based upon the fact that someone high up from Stern was in Budapest (location of Zen studio) at the same time as the Zen marketing guy. Unlikely anything would happen for a couple of years as they’re busy with WMS stuff, but Mr. Trap seems to like stirring the pot ;)

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Any update/ETA on a patch to fix the new audio issues?

Probably about 6-8 months... That's about the turn around time for patches and releases of we are lucky, if we aren't lucky then it'll be about 9-12 months...

I'm not trying to take another shot at Farsight, just trying to set expectations because it looks as if it's only like one guy, maybe two that are working on the Playstation version... Then you have to consider how long it takes to go through their supposed "QA Team" so yeah, it's going to be awhile..

TBH, I have a feeling they are moving on from current gen consoles... This is exactly what happened on the 360 and eventually the PS3... They PROMISED they were still supporting those consoles and would still release newer tables and fix the issues and little by little the releases got further and further apart as did the fixes and they still would keep saying "soon" and "coming soon" that's their favorite go to word...

Tom might be passionate about the PS4 version and wants to make things better, but he also has to do what they want him to do and if they rather him move to another project, then he might not be able to do as much or finish what he was wanting...

On the bright side though, Zen will have new Williams tables this coming week and they are far superior than how they were on PBA, if you are looking more for a closer to a real table feel... PBA is more the easy mode version of the tables...

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Even if they fix nothing else, I REALLY need to have that nasty sound bug fixed. As someone else said before, it affects about 80% of the tables and is very annoying and seriously detracts from my enjoyment of the tables that are affected by the bug.

I don't know if it's been mentioned somewhere, but some tables have a bugged match sequence. One example is Big Buck Hunter.....it shows a bunch of numbers in that area that don't appear to have anything to do with your score or a match. The only way to know you matched is when the game says you did. It doesn't really bother me as getting a match is sort of arbitrary in TPA, but it IS an issue. There were a couple other tables that did it too, but I can't remember which ones.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
The audio bugs are fixed as of now. The patches just went out. I will post a thread on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.