Running FreeCamera Mod from PinUP system

Lupin

Nov 20, 2013
The below information is a simple system to run FreeCamera Mod from PinUP system (Available here: https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinup-system-player-and-popper-front-end-install/#installation).
All programs need to be set to run as administrator and “User Account Control Settings” set to “Never notify”.

Can anyone suggest way to run TPAFreeCamMod.exe without changing “User Account Control Settings” and passing table name? Thinking Task Scheduler but not sure how to pass name from PinUP system to it.

Sadly I am unable to use -arcooda option at the moment, as on Windows 7 and running FreeCameraMod I get request for kinect20.dll (Which can only be installed on Windows 8+) :(

Download my zip. Which has folder called “Tables” filled with file names that match current list of names used by TPAFreeCamMod. Add new files when new table names are added.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DlxIXkC8AX0vTT-ja8efCr_fn1b2EbGp

and put Tables folder into TPAFreeCamMod folder.

Edit file in TPAFreeCamMod folder called Settings.ini
Chanage the following lines:

; Auto launch the game when the mod starts.
LaunchGame=1

; Path to the game folder. (where your Steam folder is)
GamePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade\

; Overlay is hidden when the game starts.
StartHidden=1

Other setting for TPAFreeCamMod depend on users system.

Add new Emulator to PopUP System:

Emulator Display Name: The Pinball Arcade (Or anything you want)
EMU Name (Foldersafe): The Pinball Arcade (Or anything you want)
Description: The Pinball Arcade (Or anything you want)
Lanuch EXE folder: C:\TPAFreeCamMod
Games Folder: C:\TPAFreeCamMod\Tables

Games File Exenstion: * (* will will show all files in above folder allow games to be added Game Manager)

Lanuch Setup Script:

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 5 5 60 “PINBALL ARCADE DX11”
CD [DIREMU]
START “” “[DIREMU]\TPAFreeCamMod.exe” -table [GAMENAME]

Close Script:

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “PINBALL ARCADE DX11” 4 1

You can now add games to PinUP system in the normal way adding icons, images and video.

Lupin

Nov 20, 2013
Thanks for this. How are you handling screen rotation with FCM and PinUP? are you using FCM to auto rotate?

My Windows7/PinUP system already in portrait mode, just found it easier to rotate videos for PinUP using this tool:
https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/terryreds-ffmpeg-video-converter-scripts/#description

Not setup FreeCamMod for my system yet, as want to use -arcooda option. Just got missing file kinect20.dll so now have tell FreeCamMod about my 1080x1920, 1360x768 DMD and backglass. Then set up some views.

Last edited:

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
I toyed with running pinup in vertical mode but then didn't want to deal with rotation on VPX since that set up is way worse. I'll mess around with it and see which works better.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.