Medieval Madness: real vs. TPA vs. Zen

Colywobbles

Sep 9, 2018
i went out to Pinball gallery at lunch today and played real pinball for the first time in a really long time.

Anyway, they have a MM remake and I probably played it the most in the hour or so i was there.

My thoughts on MM actual vs Digital

1) damn real pinball is way harder than virtual
2) i need this machine for the color dmd alone.
3) Shot wise, i could hit the castle and trolls all day but I rarely hit the damsel and peasant ramps. I'll agree with SYT's thought that the catapult is near impossible too.
4) without the tactile responses and lights i don't know how much closer you could get to recreating this digitally. I'll know more when my cab is finished i guess.

From someone who owned a real MM which is now gone I now play the FX3 ver on a 3 screen cab and its is awesome in every way and very near to the original. Zen has done a sterling job and I dop my cap to them.
The FS version however just didn’t cut it for me although in there defence I only used the camera mod ver and haven’t experienced the Arcooda version. It’s a shame regarding Arcooda but that PRICE! Sorry FS but it should have been free after years of promises to cab users just to keep them keen and carry on spending money.
Thankfully I saw through this BS and passed on the last couple of seasons even ignoring “the gone forever threats” If Arcooda had been a Token charge or DLC then I may have completed my seasons but it all left a bad taste in my mouth and I now show my appreciation by sidestepping everything FS now do inc SPA and VR which I also own.
Hope you get your cab finished soon to see how Zens tables really shine in their FREE cabinet mode.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
100% agree. If you come from the Farsight version and find a real machine, prepare to get your ass kicked. Not to mention that the lack of cab mode told everything about FS's view of their customers.
I'd like to thank Zen for emulating it, their edition rocks.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.