By Zens tease announcement I’m guessing the next volume has AFM in! Ohhh Yeah!

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
It's Attack From Mars, Zen won't be touching anything without toys on the playfield and a nice dmd. Which I fully support. ;)

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Space Invaders would be cool because we don't already have that in TPA. It's been many years since I played it or even seen one, but I remember it being a drain monster. Most paths aimed straight down the middle.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Space Invaders would be cool because we don't already have that in TPA. It's been many years since I played it or even seen one, but I remember it being a drain monster. Most paths aimed straight down the middle.

Space Invaders ain't ever happening (never mind that it's a big, slow, early-SS widebody that really won't translate well to digital). Bally got hit by a lawsuit from HR Giger or whoever owned the Alien image copyright at the time the table came out. Pretty sure the artwork won't pass muster even now. Even with Zen having the Aliens license. There's also the actual Space Invaders license. Yeah I know Zen are licensing wizards, but I think this may be a step too far even for them.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
What are the chances of the pack including Revenge from Mars as well - would make a great two pack with Attack from Mars and it hasn't been recreated in TPA either so would be nice to have something new

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Well played...err, I mean trolled, Citizen, lol.

Excuse me sir but Asteroid Annie and the Aliens is a perfectly reasonable guess.

What are the chances of the pack including Revenge from Mars as well - would make a great two pack with Attack from Mars and it hasn't been recreated in TPA either so would be nice to have something new

In all seriousness, that would be awesome, and I hope we do get the Pinball 2000 games eventually (although Disney most likely wouldn't want Star Wars Episode 1 put in a bundle with a different property), but I doubt Zen would have spent the resources to recreate the PB2K games this early on in the lifespan of FX3 Williams Pinball.

You have to keep in mind that this pack was most likely planned well before pack 1 even released, and Zen has stated that pack 1 sold better than expected. During that early planning phase, I can't imagine they would have greenlit a PB2K game before they knew how successful the WMS expansion to their game would sell.

So I'd personally say the chances are low, even though I'd like to see it.

Last edited:

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
A friend of mine got RfM, SWEP1 andn currently Wizard Blocks in his pinball mansion. Those are pretty special, somehow in good and somehow in bad way. I dont like these maschines much. And I bet a lot of people dont do as well. A lot of other tables are demanded much more than PB2K.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
So I'd personally say the chances are low, even though I'd like to see it.

Spoil sport! :p

Agreed though, it would make an amazing pack. If Zen were planning on releasing Revenge later down the line, I can't see that they would have had enough time to bring development that far forward, even given the success of Volume 1.

Does make you wonder though... If there are to be another four tables released before the end of the year, perhaps it could mean 2 packs containing 2 tables each?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You have to keep in mind that this pack was most likely planned well before pack 1 even released, and Zen has stated that pack 1 sold better than expected. During that early planning phase, I can't imagine they would have greenlit a PB2K game before they knew how successful the WMS expansion to their game would sell.

I can confirm this. Volume 2 was well into development before Volume 1 was even released to beta. Volume 3 was also in planning stage prior to release, so shifts in what visually happens for the enhanced version due to community reaction couldn't even be taken into consideration until Volume 4 at the earliest. This is also why we won't be seeing any large licensing until at least then since Zen wanted to see what sales were like first to see if it was financially viable. In case it's not obvious, Zen has a very long lead time into their projects, they don't just come together in a 2 month window. We always wonder what goes into making their game so polished, this is part of it. Physics and minor alterations can obviously be done in a short time, but full animations and things of that sort can't.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
As much as I would like Zen to do some Pinball 2000, I'm not so sure it would be technically possible without putting some serious restrictions on camera views. After all, the physical tables rely on having the player at an approximate viewpoint in order for the effect to work.

For instance, how would that work in a top down portrait or cab view?

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
As much as I would like Zen to do some Pinball 2000, I'm not so sure it would be technically possible without putting some serious restrictions on camera views. After all, the physical tables rely on having the player at an approximate viewpoint in order for the effect to work.

For instance, how would that work in a top down portrait or cab view?

Maybe that will be something for pack 12 - not likely to be anytime soon, but if they can find say 2 views where it works from, could just have those; its either that or change how the effects at the back work entirely, possibly closer to inspired by than a direct copy?

One thing that is for certain it would be a lot more doable than any of Jersey Jack's pinballs - wonder if anyone will ever be granted a digital license for those. As it would need a cabinet or dual monitor setup to look good that makes it a very small potential market so likely not viable at even £10 per table unless its possible to do split screen on same monitor.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I get that pb2000 would be interesting from an archiving/collectors perspective. But they are far from the most entertaining and therefor not the most commercially attractive I assume. Even my 12 yr old thought the Star wars table was a giant snorefest the other day, as she drained the first ball, and ran back to go play 'the fun tables' in our local pinball parlor (she seems to have a particular fondness of Pat Lawlor tables).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.