Fighting Games

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don’t have Armor King yet in 7. I used to play quite a bit of Baek in the older Tekkens, but DR was the last one I played and I guess he bit the big one in 6. I’ve been meaning to learn Hwoarang, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This past summer, I picked up a cheap Mayflash stick with Sanwa parts and started practicing like a madman...the stick itself was fine, but the cheap build quality under the hood finally caught up to me and the board officially bit the dust, so last month I upgraded to a Qanba Obsidian. It felt like going from a Pinto to a Porsche. Absolutely love this thing:

The main bit that’s trickier compared to a pad is Korean backdashing in Tekken, but I’m gradually getting it down. Playing on a stick is much easier on my hands/wrists too. On a pad, I’d be spent after about an hour, but I feel like a brand new man on the Obsidian.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’m thrilled with it so far. The only thing I would change is the placement of the start and option buttons, but other than that, it’s fantastic.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The Switch versions of Samurai Shodown 1-3 are currently 50% off.

Apparently there’s still an official collection coming from SNK, but these Hamster versions are so well done, plus Sam Sho 2 is arguably all you need.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, I'll pick up the collection to support the series, but I can't imagine it'll replace the excellent Hamster versions. Between the Hamster releases and the fact that I have Anthology for PSP and PS2, I'm not all that hyped. Granted, it'll probably be better than Anthology, but still. It is amusing that they went from missing V Special (outside of Japan) with Anthology to missing VI with the new collection. Guess they didn't want to add a second emulator this time (and the new collection is more specifically Neo Geo themed, and VI wasn't on AES/MVS). Still technically an upgrade I guess, since V Special is better than VI.

Speaking of hype and collections, I'm looking forward to this more:

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’ve only played it a tiny bit, but after watching that trailer, now you got me looking forward to it as well.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Meanwhile, this might be one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen in a video game:

He even has a bulldog...shut up and take my money.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, he's pretty cool. I like the quick strikes too. Not a huge Tekken fan, but modern Namco does a way better job with designing new characters than modern Capcom does.

Oct 15, 2013
Reviving this old thread from to say that Injustice: Gods Among Us (the first one) is free on Steam, PS4 and Xbox 360 right now. Steam is free until June 26, not sure on the others end date

Playstation Store
Steam
Xbox Store

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. I've thought about getting the second one but held off because I would be lost in the story. Now I can play through the story of the first one for free. Weird that this info wasn't on the gaming site I check daily.

Members online

Members online