Official Williams Volume 2 news

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
I actually liked Party Zone in TPA. Repetitive, yes, but with a unique vibe. In FX3 this table is absolutely brutal with many nasty drains. Especially the one when the ball leaves the bumpers annoys me a bit. This can easily lead to ultra short multiballs and shouldn't be punished. Not sure what typical Zen players will think of the drainfests.

Oh, and the survival challenge in PZ is busted. 2x scoring will be on after a while so if you play for the Ozone bonus you will get 4M per shot. Felt good to get close to 300M only to realize that @Xania had scoted twice as much. :)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I actually liked Party Zone in TPA. Repetitive, yes, but with a unique vibe. In FX3 this table is absolutely brutal with many nasty drains. Especially the one when the ball leaves the bumpers annoys me a bit. This can easily lead to ultra short multiballs and shouldn't be punished. Not sure what typical Zen players will think of the drainfests.

Oh, and the survival challenge in PZ is busted. 2x scoring will be on after a while so if you play for the Ozone bonus you will get 4M per shot. Felt good to get close to 300M only to realize that @Xania had scoted twice as much. :)

Party Zone scoring has always been busted since it was made. Since the challenges use powerups they technically don't count as actual games ;)

skyway73

Feb 16, 2015
Physics:
Am I seeing some slight vertical bounces on AFM? Well cool !

I was going to ask the same question. Happened a few times.

And I agree about FT, looks the best of them all to me. Even feels the most realistic to me too.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
They really improved the physics on AFM quite a bit in the beta. It was initially really hard to hit the center shots, but they nailed it after the first build and now you can rifle away...at your own risk of course! Now it feels as it should and your heart always skips a beat when you dare to fire one up the middle. The physics overall are some of the most exhilarating I’ve played in all of digital pinball. I was working up a sweat playing this baby today and loving every minute of it. Job well done, Zen!

edit: I’m talking about Classic physics, of course.
same here Jeff , getting my backside kicked from pillar to post , but having a lot of fun !!! classic arcade all the way !!!:cool:

skyway73

Feb 16, 2015
I was going to ask the same question. Happened a few times.

And I agree about FT, looks the best of them all to me. Even feels the most realistic to me too.

From the main designer: 'And yes, the balls do indeed bounce up from the posts It was something I saw happening all the time on the real table, even with quite slow moving balls, and was absolutely a feature I wanted to add in here.'

Awesome!

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

Havent played survival mode or anything so maybe I'm misunderstanding, but after a multiball is played you have 2x scoring for rest of the ball (except during another multiball). That's part of the ruleset on this pin.

And I remember how much people would complain about the (left outlane) drains from pops when this came out on TPA. It's a drainy pin irl, that's just how this pin is. Should they make the pin easier because some find it too hard? That would just go against everything about recreating real pins.

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
So what happened to the PS4 version of Volume 2? Wasn't it also supposed to be released yesterday (Dec 4)?

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
The long wait for the tables on Switch is such a bummer, but at least Smash Bros will be here in a couple days.

I hope this doesnt become a regular thing. Bad enough that they won't give us any Star Wars or Marvel tables.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013

Yeah, this was pretty funny. At some point I received over 2 million pts. for each bumper hit. And I didn't even have Score boost wizard skill active.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Really love mechanical sounds of the machines that they added. Don't recall hearing the pop bumpers or slings going off before. Might be a bit too loud unless this is supposed to be with the glass off. But it definitely adds another layer or immersion when playing.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Only got to play for a little bit last night, Sound and visuals are amazing. Running desktop mode in 2560x1440 is stunning. I gotta get a 4k in the cab now.

Other than that, I feel like this pack should be titled Williams volume 2: SDTM edition. Brutal!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Really love mechanical sounds of the machines that they added. Don't recall hearing the pop bumpers or slings going off before. Might be a bit too loud unless this is supposed to be with the glass off. But it definitely adds another layer or immersion when playing.

You can actually adjust the volume of the mechanical sounds to your liking in the options menu.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Those 5 minute and survival challenges work by undoing the drain and warping the ball back to the plunger and auto firing it.

this results in draining from mulitball giving you a 2x score mulitplier for the rest of the challenge in party zone. for all three challenges.

This cannot be fixed ever.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Those 5 minute and survival challenges work by undoing the drain and warping the ball back to the plunger and auto firing it.

this results in draining from mulitball giving you a 2x score mulitplier for the rest of the challenge in party zone. for all three challenges.

This cannot be fixed ever.

That would almost make tournaments in those kinds of modes with PZ kind of random. You can get multiball very quickly from the first Comic award, otherwise it will take you a while to get multiball going.

Does the tilt warning bug still work to stop the timer for 10x scoring? I imagine it ought to since it's a ROM bug not an emulation bug.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah, this was pretty funny. At some point I received over 2 million pts. for each bumper hit. And I didn't even have Score boost wizard skill active.

2nd time you complete the "way out of control" targets you light 1M per bop award (which you activate by shooting the inside loop by those targets). If you've played a multiball you also have 2x playfield lit already which makes it 2M/bumper hit.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
That would almost make tournaments in those kinds of modes with PZ kind of random. You can get multiball very quickly from the first Comic award, otherwise it will take you a while to get multiball going.

Does the tilt warning bug still work to stop the timer for 10x scoring? I imagine it ought to since it's a ROM bug not an emulation bug.

Keep in mind, since the Challenges are in tournament settings, it's not possible to get a Surprise Multiball out of the Comic right away.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Played the new AFM on my cab in Arcade Mode this morning and I liked it even better than the (already hard) Zen mode.
I really, truly, felt like I was playing the real table in this mode (and I was grinning from ear-to-ear the whole time)! I turned on the “Remastered” mode with the Arcade Physics and now can’t really decide which mode I like best! It’s a real “kick” to hear “Missiles Locked on Target” and then see the missiles actually rotate into position! And they now launch everytime you hit a “Jackpot” while in multiball mode.

THIS IS NOW MY FAVORITE AFM DIGITAL RECREATION!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.