Official Williams Volume 2 news

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Not super thrilled with this pack. Party Zone gets old fast, even in real life. The uncensored PC announcement is more exciting. I'll buy Pack 2 on Steam to support them for that in the hopes that they are still trying to find a console solution.

But probably won't bother making any more console purchases until they do.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'd like to see more muscular thighs on Black Rose. Make the thighs match the backglass please. Just kidding, all three look very nice. Wonder if Party Zone will have all of the music, that would be a nice plus.

I was hoping so as well, but knew it’d be a long shot. Jimi would be rolling over in his grave if he knew how his estate was being so greedily managed, God rest his soul. Even a lot of the Hendrix documentaries I’ve watched had to use generic music, which is beyond ridiculous. It’s a cryin’ shame, as Jimi would say.

That said, I usually turn the music down on the ROMs and crank up my own tunes anyway, so it won’t affect me, but the world can always use more Hendrix, so hopefully one day they’ll be able to negotiate a deal. I’m also still holding out hope for an official Jimi machine someday, but I know it’s surely a pipe dream.

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Just the news I was looking for. Always liked AFM as it is likely my favorite Bally table. I like Black Rose for the theme alone. Pirates!!! Who doesn't like pirates? and the cannon shooting up for the jackpots. Party Zone? well I wasn't too keen on it in TPA perhaps Zen's version will entice me to play. I recall it's in the same universe as Dr Dude which didn't interest me at all.

Plungemaster

Apr 19, 2018
This was what i was afraid for: 1 pin i want in each volume for my Switch. That makes 20 euro so far for 2 pins i have on my ipad PA. That is to much for me sadly.

I dont understand why it has to be packs. Ask 4 euro for 1 pin at a time or 10 for a pack, and everybody would be happy and could play as much pins they would like. Plus more sales for Zen.

Ah well, maybe in the future, it is how it is.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This was what i was afraid for: 1 pin i want in each volume for my Switch. That makes 20 euro so far for 2 pins i have on my ipad PA. That is to much for me sadly.

I dont understand why it has to be packs. Ask 4 euro for 1 pin at a time or 10 for a pack, and everybody would be happy and could play as much pins they would like. Plus more sales for Zen.

Ah well, maybe in the future, it is how it is.

It's a matter of economics for Zen. By selling 3 tables at a time, they are guaranteed a certain return on investment for the WMS license they purchased as a whole. Tables with minor licensing, like Party Zone having Pinball Wizard music in it, can be offset by a table with no licensing, thus evening out the cost in general. If they sold individually, they'd have to raise the price per table. They don't want a mess of SKUs in the digital stores either, so packs make for a cleaner and easier shopping experience. So while you say it's more sales for Zen, the opposite would actually be true.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Zen has always been pretty generous with putting stuff on sale, so I’m sure in a year’s time a discount of 50% off will make it irresistible.

That’s likely the only way I’ll get these first two pack. There’s no rush as I still have them on TPA and having done Fish Tales on both I can’t say I’m too fussed with what Zen has done frankly, but then it’s not a table I find terribly interesting. Having it be more “realistic” only makes it less likely I’ll play it ��

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Tables look good on the Twitch stream.

But I have to ask... Why is the ball so damn dull on Black Rose? :mad:

It looks nothing like the shiney ball from the other tables so far. Please Zen, fix this!

Details such as this should be consistent across all tables.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Tables look good on the Twitch stream.

But I have to ask... Why is the ball so damn dull on Black Rose? :mad:

It looks nothing like the shiney ball from the other tables so far. Please Zen, fix this!

Details such as this should be consistent across all tables.

According to the interwebs, Bally toyed with using a black ball (cannonball) but didn’t go through with it. You’ll notice Zen also chose to use lightning flippers, so maybe they got their hands on a spiteful machine from an operator that wanted all your quarters!

Also, beta peeps have made mention of how hard it is to see the ball.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Also, beta peeps have made mention of how hard it is to see the ball.

Yeah, that's not good!

Just watching Party Zone now. Also the dull ball! :mad:

Come on Zen! This stuff needs to be consistent across all tables please.

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I would also say that the 'military' guy on AFM looks the same as the generic cop from The Getaway.

Changing the colour of his uniform to an army 'Kelly' green would help a bit.

I hope we don't start seeing too many of these generic characters.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We’ve all commented on the Air Force General. They took the color from the slingshot art, but a bunch of our 1st impressions were”why is the Getaway cop on here?” Hoping they can visually do something with him, but animated items are by no means a quick fix. I also wished the UFO took off and did all the flying rather than having a second come in that is of the exact same size.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
There's a 3D 'Walkie Talkie' stuck in the middle of the playfield on AFM.

Clearly visible at 1:10:10 on the Twich stream.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
We’ve all commented on the Air Force General. They took the color from the slingshot art, but a bunch of our 1st impressions were”why is the Getaway cop on here?” Hoping they can visually do something with him, but animated items are by no means a quick fix. I also wished the UFO took off and did all the flying rather than having a second come in that is of the exact same size.

Agree on just having the one main UFO but there may be a need to keep the geometry of the original, I can't recall how it looks behind the saucer on the real table.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
for what i understand, steam version will have uncensored artwork as an option.

other consoles will only be uncensored if they are cleared properly with esrb and the console maker, though they are looking into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.