Official Williams Volume 2 news

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Volume 2 of the Williams collection in FX3 will be 3 Bally tables!

- Attack From Mars
- Black Rose
- Party Zone

Pack will be available in December for $9.99 on December 4th. In addition to the 3 tables, a few changes to the game itself are included. Event cameras can now be toggled on and off in the options menu. For PC users, Family Mode can also be toggled which will give the option of fully uncensored art and DMD versus the current edited versions. Consoles still won't have this feature as Zen is currently looking into what they are allowed to do within rating they have. Apparently this is not required for Steam.

For more info, listen to the BlahCade Pinball Podcast #155 where we have a 30 minute interview with Mel Kirk.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd like to see more muscular thighs on Black Rose. Make the thighs match the backglass please. Just kidding, all three look very nice. Wonder if Party Zone will have all of the music, that would be a nice plus.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Aw, no EM table. Anyway nice to see they're on schedule for the next table pack!

And thanks syt for posting the news! : D

Last edited:

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
The quality looks to be there again. Maybe Zen can get me to like Party Zone finally.

Looks like the issue of weak flashers has not been fixed though... AFM flashers appear to have the same issues as they did in MM, The Getaway and Junk Yard. Those flying saucers really put on a show IRL and on the trailer they are just glowing :( . I hope this is something they address down the line as they develop more packs and also fix retroactively on the older tables.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The quality looks to be there again. Maybe Zen can get me to like Party Zone finally.

Looks like the issue of weak flashers has not been fixed though... AFM flashers appear to have the same issues as they did in MM, The Getaway and Junk Yard. Those flying saucers really put on a show IRL and on the trailer they are just glowing :( . I hope this is something they address down the line as they develop more packs and also fix retroactively on the older tables.

We’ve mentioned the flashers in the beta, especially for Strobe Multiball. Don’t know if it’ll be addressed or not, as that’s the sort of thing that might conflict with adjustable lighting. Which we also don’t know if we’ll ever get.

thetrout

Apr 10, 2012
I kinda love that Party Zone, a crossover between previous pinball machines, is being released before they are.

In any event, I can't wait to get my hands on these. The first volume was easily the best those tables have ever looked digitally, and this should follow suit.

I also secretly love Black Rose, even though I know opinions vary. My friends and I once tracked one down in real life, the only machine in a weird bar across town. It was about as well maintained as you'd expect.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Hope they fix the PS4 audio bug where a loud static noise plays when to many other sounds play at once...

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Not big on either Black Rose or Party Zone but glad those two got out of the way in the same pack. Do wish they had done Radical! instead of Party Zone for an 80s themed table since that hasn't been digitized before (outside of VP). Not my favorite either but at least it would have been something new.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Nice just before the years out!!

Bit premature i know, but what can we expect for 2019?, volumes 3-6?, March, June, September, December????

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Great news but I'm going to be picky :p I thought Zen said that there will be four more tables released before the end of the year?

karussellbremser

Aug 20, 2015
For PC users, Family Mode can also be toggled which will give the option of fully uncensored art and DMD versus the current edited versions.

Does this apply also to Fish Tales? And to missing sound effects like in JY? If yes: awesome! This means that I will be able to look forward to upcoming tables :)

It does not have the Hendrix song.

I'm a little uneducated here: Did TPA have that song?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Party Zone and Black Rose are just not that interesting for me to buy again. So I’m basically paying ten bucks for AFM. Sorry Zen. I’m skipping this pack. Back to Red Dead.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Does this apply also to Fish Tales? And to missing sound effects like in JY? If yes: awesome! This means that I will be able to look forward to upcoming tables :)

I'm a little uneducated here: Did TPA have that song?

All tables will have both of these options, even in the original artwork.

TPA's Party Zone does not have Purple Haze. Apparently they're not easy to work with.

https://nypost.com/2017/03/24/jimi-hendrixs-family-cant-stop-suing-each-other-over-estate/

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I get people not being excited by Black Rose and Party Zone, or not enough to want to purchase again. I will say in the beta, they play so differently from TPA as to feel like a different game. Also the enhanced Party Zone is the standout of the bunch, similar to how MM was in the last pack.

Zen has always been pretty generous with putting stuff on sale, so I’m sure in a year’s time a discount of 50% off will make it irresistible.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.