Official Williams Volume 2 news

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Regarding the SDTM shots when hitting the AFM saucer:
* I have found that the “Arcade” mode does a great job of emulating the real table in this regard. (My nephew has a real AFM in his basement.) The “Zen Mode” is actually a little too brutal. Basically, you just need to start hitting your “Nudge” buttons as soon as you hit the Saucer. On the real table you usually do have to nudge the table following a center Saucer shot. The best way is to bounce the ball up into the Saucer while hitting the side targets.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I'm enjoying Zen's versions. With the different settings it kind of changes how you play a table, ie for fun or in a tournament. I really like how these tables work really way within Zen's multiple challenges. In the tournaments those " 1 ball challenges are brutal".

Really on board with Zen with this.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
My trick is to press both flippers and fire as well. it worked in tpa, and i can even beat level 3. i suspect that the same trick works on Zens as well.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
Any update on the next batch of Originals? Thought I remember hearing there were 2 new originals slated for Dec/Jan release?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Any update on the next batch of Originals? Thought I remember hearing there were 2 new originals slated for Dec/Jan release?

Today’s release announcement should have been about the original tables. Schedules shifted and certain opportunities arose so Volume 3 moved into the slot.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
It's Happy Hour! Big Bangs for everyone! Bally The Party Zone Tips & Strategy Guide

In this game on Bally The Party Zone in Pinball FX3 on Classic Arcade (with some comparison with Classic Single Player), I explain how to play safer while aiming to maximise your scoring potential.*

I ended up the enjoying the table a lot more than I initially thought I would and that is mostly to do with the table providing you with relatively basic but hard to master scoring opportunities. *It keeps on inviting you back for just one more go as you try to put the perfect game together to maximise your scoring opportunities.*

I haven't put together the perfect game yet, but I'm happy for now, and will try again. *We know that Zen Studios will probably update the flipper physics and reduce the nudging strength in Classic Arcade which will give me good incentive to play it again.

Last edited:

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
How to Rule the Universe! Attack from Mars Classic Arcade tips & strategy guide

I finally Ruled the Universe on Pinball FX3 Attack from Mars in Classic Arcade! It was tough as nails, but I did it! In this tips & strategy video I show you my approach and give some practical tips along the way (including a shot options and shot tips section at the end). I hope with this video that I also motivate some of you to see if you can become Ruler of the Universe on this relentless and unforgiving table. I'm really looking forward to playing it once Zen has implemented the much-needed physics update but the sense of accomplishment I felt when I finally completed it will be hard to top in the future.

The order I approach the tasks required to reach Rule the Universe is to focus on the Conquer Mars (i.e. Saucer takedowns) task first. By the time you complete that you should have most of the other tasks completed especially 5-way Combo, Total Annihilation and Super Jets. If not, then I’ll aim to complete the remaining of those tasks first as they are interlinked to a degree i.e. the same shots can contribute to multiple tasks.

In earlier games I left starting the Multiball and getting the Super Jackpot task for later in the game, but recently I realised that if I can get it down close to the beginning (unlike what I did in this game), you can get that stress out of the way. If you missed it you'll have more time to relock balls again as it requires twice as many shots second time around. The Martian Attack and the Martian Multiball task you can trigger whilst completing the Conquer Mars task but often I still end up needing to complete it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.