Williams' Collection Volume 3 guesses

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Good points. Gotta make that ROI. Zen did take sort of a chance by buying up that license, because these tables had been on TPA a long time. And while they were still selling, they peaked ages ago. Pinball fans already had these tables to play and most owned 'em. So Zen felt that they would sell again to the crowd. Probably for two reasons 1) We can make them play/look better, and 2) our platfiorm and backend in FX3 makes for a much superior pinball experience. They were right, we're all buying the Zen versions without hesitation and awaiting each new release. And I had a few friends on xbox that are loving the real tables but had NEVER played TPA, only Zen... like you said above. So right now, Zen can't lose. They simply cant lose! And while Citizen is probably right about Harley, well, I have always been addicted to Ripley's and even a Gottlieb or two (Victory, Flight 2000). And would like to see those "regular" new originals they promised too.

Flight 2000 is Stern rather than Gottlieb.

I decided to buy TPA Stern pack 1 in Steam's winter sale - even if it does become obsolete thought it was worthwhile as I wanted to have a good go on the Star Trek table, and it seem to be the best table in that pack anyway.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I can't wait to find out what the new table pack will be and when it will be out! My hands are shaking hehe :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
At one point, I saw "Theatre of Magic" in the Game Center achievements. Then it went away. Somebody slipped up at Zen for a second there.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I’ve just noticed that there’s a logic behind the releases so far!

If you go back and watch the original Williams announcement video, you’ll see that the instruction manuals stack in the following order. In reverse (top to bottom):

1. Medieval Madness (Vol 1)
2. Fish Tales (Vol 1)
3. Attack from Mars (Vol 2)
4. Black Rose (Vol 2)
5. Theatre of Magic (Vol 3?)
6. Cirqus Voltaire (Vol 3?)
7. Tales of the Arabian Nights (Vol 4?)
8. White Water (Vol 4?)

So logic dictates Vol 3 contains ToM and CV ;)

Hmmmmmmmm :D

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I decided to buy TPA Stern pack 1 in Steam's winter sale - even if it does become obsolete thought it was worthwhile as I wanted to have a good go on the Star Trek table, and it seem to be the best table in that pack anyway.

Is that the SPA with Mustang, Star Trek & AC/DC?
I always wondered how AC/DC played - the Free to Play Mustang didn't do it for me.
But I liked AC/DC IRL - How did/does it translate?

Thanks

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Is that the SPA with Mustang, Star Trek & AC/DC?
I always wondered how AC/DC played - the Free to Play Mustang didn't do it for me.
But I liked AC/DC IRL - How did/does it translate?

Thanks

It was the pack in TPA, not SPA - I haven't installed SPA. Includes Star Trek & AC/DC, but not Mustang. Bit of a moot point as the sale on it finished nearly 4 weeks ago.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
A little surprised we haven't heard anything official yet - even an announcement of an announcement for the new table/s!

Zen seem to be focusing on their new game Operencia and the Williams pinball app, which is a shame.

Over 3 months since a table pack teaser - just checked their Twitter feed and the teaser for AFM was on the 8th November, over 3 months ago, and over 2 months since the pack was released.

Come on Zen, give us something/anything!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
yeah...... like at least half decent app for android

It's an open beta for a reason. And do tell, is there something wrong with the actual pinball play? Because I do believe that's what is important in the app, not the menu or currency system.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
A little surprised we haven't heard anything official yet - even an announcement of an announcement for the new table/s!

Zen seem to be focusing on their new game Operencia and the Williams pinball app, which is a shame.

Over 3 months since a table pack teaser - just checked their Twitter feed and the teaser for AFM was on the 8th November, over 3 months ago, and over 2 months since the pack was released.

Come on Zen, give us something/anything!

Zen makes announcements only when the product is ready and close to release. They understand that hype and excitement only last for so long before turning into something negative. I can tell you with absolute certainty, they have tables in the works, an announcement is on the horizon. We'll have said announcement, from Mel, on the BlahCade Pinball Podcast the day such info can be released. Follow us (@BlahCade) and Zen (@zen_studios) on Twitter so as not to miss it.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
It's an open beta for a reason. And do tell, is there something wrong with the actual pinball play? Because I do believe that's what is important in the app, not the menu or currency system.
well, nudging is next to impossible. And flippers sometimes don't work. And it is most obvious in 1 ball challenge. And it can't be that it's me or the tablet because it is waaaay better in arcade play.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
well, nudging is next to impossible. And flippers sometimes don't work. And it is most obvious in 1 ball challenge. And it can't be that it's me or the tablet because it is waaaay better in arcade play.

I've heard about the flipper issue a few different times, but hadn't heard it is mainly a Daily Challenge issue. Does the Android app have the tab you can press to report beta issues?

As for nudging, is it impossible because you are playing on a tablet and the reach to the proper touch zone is too high up for a simple thumb stretch? Is it a different nudge zone from Zen's other pinball apps? I personally never nudge while playing the mobile version of any pinball, so it's hard for me to have an opinion on the effectiveness of what is in place.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Zen makes announcements only when the product is ready and close to release. They understand that hype and excitement only last for so long before turning into something negative.
Indeed! In fact, Zen used to announce table releases quite early and the number of complaints got quite ugly.

Not many people know how hard it is to execute a simultaneous platform release. Some platforms (console in particular) need the content scheduled several months ahead of time. And, if a delay occurs on one platform because of approval, then the others need to be rescheduled as well.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Zen has said that there would be a pack of zen original released early 2019. I’m disappointed that the original tables weren’t revealed yet, knowing that they will probably come out before Williams pack 3. *fingners crosses that they come out at around the same time*

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.