Jeff Jamming on Guitar

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I realized it's been over a looooong time since I've posted a guitar video and that I've never posted a video of my new Les Paul(!), so here you go my friends, some blues straight from the smoke-filled valleys of Cali-forn-i-AYYYY. I've been down lately, but music is one of the best medicines, and the funny thing about the blues is it brings me up like no other. There's a Red House over yonder...and it wouldn't be a proper Jeffy video without some sweet guitar faces, right?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’m thinking it’s time for me to finally get off my arse (no pun intended, if you know about my spinal cord injury, heh) and finally join a band. It’s really a struggle for me to build up motivation and bust out of my comfort zone though...energy is also an issue due to my health, but excuses, excuses, eh?

Dunno if any of you cats enjoy this type of stuff, but if so, let me know if you’d like me to make some more bluesy videos, or acoustic stuff too.

I’m still cracking up at my killer guitar faces, heh. It’s impossible to play ala Jimi without emotion.

I know I’m nowhere in the same league, but it’s fun to pretend and hopefully share some good vibes though these videos :cool:

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Well done Jeffy. New guitar has a sweet tone to it. A+++
Wife and I were just listening to some Albert King, so a blues vid is always welcome with me. Thanks for posting.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well done Jeffy. New guitar has a sweet tone to it. A+++
Wife and I were just listening to some Albert King, so a blues vid is always welcome with me. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Kol! I actually snuck a few Albert licks in there, so that’s cool you mention him. He’s my favorite of the 3 Kings, if I had to pick. His live albums are up there with my tops of all time. I often throw on his San Francisco shows and fire up some pinball. Great stuff to help get a groove going :cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Right on. I loved the Flying V guitars that he played, and truly upside down which is so wild.

Albert Collins was the man as well. Haven’t dove into his stuff quite as deeply, but I really should.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Awesome I love it, just the kind of stuff I listen to. You really bring out some sweet tones from that LP for sure, thanks for posting!

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Cool stuff Jeffy, would be good to hear some acoustic stuff.

I've been teaching myself acoustic guitar for about a year now. Better late than never! :cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Cool stuff Jeffy, would be good to hear some acoustic stuff.

I've been teaching myself acoustic guitar for about a year now. Better late than never! :cool:

Right on, man! What kind of stuff do you like to play?

I started out on electric back near the end of high school (dabbled on my buddy’s guitar at first, then really dove into it after my spinal cord injury in ‘98 after I got the first electric of my own), but there was a long stretch from about 2000-2007 where all played was acoustic. You probably noticed in the video that I don’t use a pick, and part of that comes from all the fingerpickin’ I did over the years. The other reason is I really like the expression and control you can get from your fingers since there’s nothing between you and the strings.

Speaking of acoustic, here’s an older video of mine for ya from 2012 since it’s almost that time of year, something more traditional:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Jeff that's some seriously good guitar playing. You know, it might be very difficult to manage your injury and play in a band but it's always, always ALWAYS better to try and regret, rather than not try and regret. If you try it, you'll know if you can manage the pain, the energy needed etc. But if you don't try, then that "What if" will always hound you man. Regret from not doing hounds you forever and gets worse with age. Regret from doing always heals with time.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Right on, man! What kind of stuff do you like to play?

I started out on electric back near the end of high school (dabbled on my buddy’s guitar at first, then really dove into it after my spinal cord injury in ‘98 after I got the first electric of my own), but there was a long stretch from about 2000-2007 where all played was acoustic. You probably noticed in the video that I don’t use a pick, and part of that comes from all the fingerpickin’ I did over the years. The other reason is I really like the expression and control you can get from your fingers since there’s nothing between you and the strings.

Speaking of acoustic, here’s an older video of mine for ya from 2012 since it’s almost that time of year, something more traditional

That's a cool acoustic vid Jeff, well played!

You're more advanced than me but I know I'm in for the long haul! ;)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Jeff that's some seriously good guitar playing. You know, it might be very difficult to manage your injury and play in a band but it's always, always ALWAYS better to try and regret, rather than not try and regret. If you try it, you'll know if you can manage the pain, the energy needed etc. But if you don't try, then that "What if" will always hound you man. Regret from not doing hounds you forever and gets worse with age. Regret from doing always heals with time.

That is great advice, my friend. I really appreciate you saying that. I think I will make it my New Year's resolution to venture out of my shell a bit.

That's a cool acoustic vid Jeff, well played!

You're more advanced than me but I know I'm in for the long haul! ;)

Well, after 20 years of playing, I would hope I would be heh. But it's not a competition. I know I'm nowhere close to the same stratosphere as Hendrix or the other guitar gods, but I have a good time...and like I said, it is fun to pretend, and if someone can get some good vibes by listening to me play, then mission accomplished! :cool:

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
bloody hell Jeff , why aren`t you in a band , with your skills mate your a natural !!!:cool: I remember a singer in a wheel chair when I was growing up , I forgot his name …. just came to me Jeff St. John , another Jeff , I`ll just get a video for you .:cool:https://youtu.be/4Jf7TJkrSI4

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Jeff , do you have a Blues or Jazz Club near you where they might have freestyle nights , when anyone can join in . that could be a starter , you should be in a band . I reckon you`d be great !!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.