Jeff Jamming on Guitar

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wolfy, thank you for your kind words, my friend. I wish I was a natural. It took me a long time to get to where I am now. One huge mistake I made was that I never took lessons. On one hand, it was cool to learn on my own, but looking back now, it really slowed down my rate of progression and I’m still learning things I should’ve known years ago...so the best advice I can give anyone is to find a good teacher and soak in a much as you can. There’s no reason to try to reinvent the wheel on your own, but don’t ever get discouraged no matter what. I’ve read that even guys like Clapton would practice the same riff for hours on end, much to the chagrin of his mates. He almost quit completely after the first year because he felt like he wasn’t getting anywhere. I also read that B.B. King as a young man would stay home and practice scales endlessly instead of going out with his friends to parties. So even the guitar gods that we perceive as naturals had to practice and work really hard, which is very encouraging for us mere mortals. :D

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I know you worked hard Jeff , but I`ve got a good eye for seeing someone who loves what there doing , and you are one of those !!! remember you are never to old to learn something new . I feel great watching you in the 2 clips ,in how much you are enjoying yourself . just keep on doing what you love !!!:cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wolfy, you’re such a great friend, and thanks for sharing that video of Jeff St. John. I hadn’t seen it before so it’s very inspiring. Being in a wheelchair has certainly changed me. I used to be really outgoing and the life of the party type before, but 20 years dealing with the insecurities of paraplegia have shifted me to the other end of the spectrum to an introvert. Now when I think about playing on a stage, I immediately worry about how I’ll even get up there in the first place with the stairs and what not, let alone getting through the front door (is it wide enough? are there stairs?) and squeezing through a crowded room without running over everyone’s toes lol...but it’s cool to see someone who didn’t let that sort of thing stand in his way. Very inspiring.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
everyone should be treated the same , I don`t see disabilities , colour of skin , religion or gender , female , male or transgender , I see people . we are lucky here , a lot of places are wheelchair friendly . have a great Thanksgiving with your Family !!!:cool:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
One huge mistake I made was that I never took lessons. On one hand, it was cool to learn on my own, but looking back now, it really slowed down my rate of progression and I’m still learning things I should’ve known years ago...so the best advice I can give anyone is to find a good teacher and soak in a much as you can.

Good advice Jeff, I might just have to take you up on that. To be honest, I've been thinking about it for a while but the trouble is finding the time to visit a tutor on a regular basis.

I also want to play to enjoy it though, rather than making it hard work for myself by endlessly practicing scales etc. Maybe I should just bite the bullet...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanx 4 sharing Jeff! Sweet vibrato and fingerpicking! Nice LP, that's a Studio, right?

Thank you! Good eye man, you really know your Les Pauls. My wife bought me this one when my old one accidentally tipped over off the stand and of course the headstock instantly snapped. It’s a 2014 so it even has the Gforce tuner which I actually really like, especially since you can jump from standard tuning to E flat in just a few seconds.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Here's something a little more laid back for you. Pull up a chair and your beverage of choice for some acoustic Pink Floyd:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
nice one Jeff , just opened a Corona with a slice of lemon, here`s to you and your wife , good health !!!:cool: the trees look like the pines down at our beaches , looks great !!!:cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
nice one Jeff , just opened a Corona with a slice of lemon, here`s to you and your wife , good health !!!:cool: the trees look like the pines down at our beaches , looks great !!!:cool:

Right on, wolfy. All the best to you and your’s as well. We’re loving it here by the Oregon coast so far. We left California just in time to avoid all the smoke from the fires (as long as the wind keeps blowing southwest). Very peaceful and relaxing here.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
so pleased you aren`t near the fires , we`re just like you , fires everywhere . you don`t muck around with fires. sounds like you have fitted in your new surroundings like ducks to water . :cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey boys,

Sorry I haven't been around much. Sending some good vibes your way with a little something I've been cooking up: an instrumental version of What's Up With That? in the style of the good Rev. Billy G. I've been brushing up on my video production skills (thanks to my wife for the camera work) so was able to one-man-band it, and even dusted off my bass skills for this one so hope you enjoy.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
bloody fantastic , you lucky bugger , Annie is very talented , worth her weight in gold . and you are looking so good . please stay safe , i`ve been so worried for all of you with this covid . i miss our mate ZREXMike , i loved his vids , i hope he is well :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.