Titles not transferring to Xbox One

petewhitley

Aug 19, 2015
So I seem to remember some months ago everyone raving that they're Pinball FX tables transfered to the Xbox One. I recently purchased one, and the only tables transferred were the "Pinball FX 3" table. Leaving me with dozens of older tables unaccounted for. Zen Studios themselves are ZERO help on the matter, basically saying "The older titles aren't on the store anymore, enjoy your Pinball FX tables." Meanwhile all of the older tables are available in packages. What gives? How do I strong arm these guys into giving me my previously purchased tables?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
First off, you don't look to 'strong arm' them. If you act as an unpleasant customer, you are more likely to get unpleasant results.

Now if you want any sort of help here from the community, you need to list the tables that didn't transfer. Until then, it'll be hard to offer any solutions.

petewhitley

Aug 19, 2015
First off, you don't look to 'strong arm' them. If you act as an unpleasant customer, you are more likely to get unpleasant results.

Now if you want any sort of help here from the community, you need to list the tables that didn't transfer. Until then, it'll be hard to offer any solutions.

Yeah, it was probably the wrong choice of words. But after a week-and-a-half of going around in circles with Zen support it feels like I need The Hulk to get some real help.

Basically from what I can gather, everything purchased AFTER the switch to Pinball FX3 was transferred. ALL Pinball FX 2 were not. I went ahead and bought The Core Collection and The Last Jedi again since they were on sale, so here's what I'm missing (keep in mind I purchased each and every table Zen put on the 360 until they stopped supporting it):

Marvel Pinball Original Pack
Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue
Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles
Marvel Pinball: Marvel Legends Pack
Sci-Fi Pack
Medieval Pack
Zen Classics

(I'm not sure if these made the 360 cut or not, if so, they're missing)
Jurassic World Pinball
Star Wars Pinball: Solo

So basically half of my tables didn't transfer, which is a huge disappointment, as having all the tables was a large factor in my purchasing an Xbox One.

btw, I listen to every episode of The Blahcade Podcast and love it!

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If I’m not mistaken, when I transferred tables from the PS3 to PS4, only 20 tables were offered to transfer. I might be wrong on the number, but Zen did say it wasn’t a 100% deal. On Steam, transferring from FX2 to FX3 was complete other than the titles they lost licensing for. So what you are really dealing with is a platform switch, and at least Zen let you have some, while FarSight didn’t offer a single title.

Mar 9, 2012
If I’m not mistaken, when I transferred tables from the PS3 to PS4, only 20 tables were offered to transfer. I might be wrong on the number, but Zen did say it wasn’t a 100% deal. On Steam, transferring from FX2 to FX3 was complete other than the titles they lost licensing for. So what you are really dealing with is a platform switch, and at least Zen let you have some, while FarSight didn’t offer a single title.

Every Table that was released on the ps3 (and I had them all) I was able to transfer to the PS4 except the ones that wasn't supported in FX3.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks for the input. I didn’t have all the tables so it was hard for me to say. Are people able to bring up a proof of purchase receipt on 360 like you could in the PSN store? If so, I would try submitting a copy of that along with a request for information on why certain tables didn’t transfer. Overwhelm customer service with information, be specific about tables and not just packs. If there is anyone on here that successfully transferred 360 to Xbone all their tables, please add your voice so proof this was possible can be cited.

petewhitley

Aug 19, 2015
Thanks for the input. I didn’t have all the tables so it was hard for me to say. Are people able to bring up a proof of purchase receipt on 360 like you could in the PSN store? If so, I would try submitting a copy of that along with a request for information on why certain tables didn’t transfer. Overwhelm customer service with information, be specific about tables and not just packs. If there is anyone on here that successfully transferred 360 to Xbone all their tables, please add your voice so proof this was possible can be cited.

Thank you. Unfortunately, the Microsoft commerce site is a mess and only seems to date back to 2013?

Any others with experience here please chime in.

petewhitley

Aug 19, 2015
After going back and forth with Microsoft they contacted Zen who told then the tables were "substantially different" and thus non-transferable. Bit the bullet and bought the ~$80 in tables I was missing. ��

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.