Farsight CONFIRMS Trophies for table packs 1 & 2 in next update! :)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I know not everyone cares about this, but for those that do, this is a very good thing. We finally have a definitive answer from the good people at Farsight.

Here's the history log so far:

6/28/2012
Farsight replies to my question on weather they can add trophies to table packs 1 & 2:
The Pinball Arcade We realize many users enjoy achieving trophies on PSN.
We plan to add the following trophies on PS3/Vita for ALL DLC tables (previously released and future tables) in the July or August update:

Top 5 high score: Bronze
Table #1 high score: Bronze
Complete Standard goals: Bronze
Complete Wizard goals: Silver
8 minutes ago · Like

7/5/2012
Bobby Knight (Farsight) answered a question (not mine) on a the PSN Blog regarding this and it sounded a bit iffy if this would actually happen or not:

KongWen on July 5th, 2012 at 12:51 pm said:
Will one of these updates add trophy support for the DLC tables?
+ Bobby King on July 5th, 2012 at 4:34 pm said:
For sure, add-on packs 3 and 4 will support trophies.
We’re still looking into whether we can add it for the DLC that has already been released.

7/30/2012
I asked for an update regarding this on the FB page:

Hey Farsight, I am really looking forward to the August update for the PS3 as well as the two new table packs (instant buys as always for me!)
I was wondering though if you were able to add trophy support to table packs 1&2 yet and if we will see those integrated into the new update.
Thanks and keep up the amazing work!
The Pinball Arcade Matt - Thanks for your patience! Trophies will be available for all add-on packs in the next patch.
The next patch will have add-on pack 3 available and should be released before the end of the month if everything goes smoothly.

8/01/2012
I had a follow up question, and will update if I hear anything:

Thank you for answering my question. That's great news!

Do you know how this will work? Say we unlocked the Wizard goals for Medieval Madness.
Will the trophy for that show up once the update is applied or will we be required to delete the save and start over?

A way around this for PS3 players not wanting to completely start all over again, if it's unable to detect completed goals for trophies that is, would be to back up your original save file to a memory card/or cloud save for Plus users and go for the trophies on table packs 1 & 2, then after they pop, load the original save back and continue playing. The trophies will remain.

Thanks again for answers and excellent work! :)

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks for sharing the information. I'm wondering how it'll work as well. I've already completed all of the Wizard Goals for The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot, and I don't want to delete my saved game data, nor try to earn the Wizard Goals again just for the Trophy.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
sounds like we ARE going to have to do over, the save is just for your highscore. Glad there coming out with the trophies, Xbox guys got pinned out with 1 achievement just for a table score. DLC #3 next week hopefully and then #4 end of the month? Its been 2 months since last DLC.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks for sharing the information. I'm wondering how it'll work as well. I've already completed all of the Wizard Goals for The Machine : Bride of Pin•Bot, and I don't want to delete my saved game data, nor try to earn the Wizard Goals again just for the Trophy.

No problem. I was happy to get a definitive answer from Farsight.

I've been holding back on getting to the Wizard goals on the 4 new tables, but I somehow screwed up and made it to the Wizard goals on MM without noticing until after my game save overwrote my PSN cloud save.
It's no biggie though. I will just backup my save, start a new game, get the MM standard goals trophy, then overwrite with original save and work on the rest.

I hate waiting on playing the other tables, but it's giving me more time to get better at the original 4 tables.

I recently got 100% wizard goals on TOM and came close to Ripley's Atlantis goal, but damn... it's tough!
I normally end up playing for nearly 2 hours and get 6 letters. I wish they were like TOM were they just required you to make it through all 7 continents without having to complete them.
I never seem to have enough time to complete. More practice required I suppose!

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I wish they were like TOM were they just required you to make it through all 7 continents without having to complete them.
I never seem to have enough time to complete. More practice required I suppose!

I rather have TOM have an extra mode that you can get by completing all illusions. The fact you just have to start them to get the illusion awarded is a bit of a cop out I find personally, and why I like RBioN more.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
I rather have TOM have an extra mode that you can get by completing all illusions.

holy smokes that would be one tough SOB. I only got to the Grand Finale once so far and I think I only managed to complete 2 illusions - Metamorphosis and Magic Hat (of the top of my head)... to actually have to complete the illusions... I wouldn't mind if there was a little bit of a helping hand, like ToTAN's Make-A-Wish

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
holy smokes that would be one tough SOB. I only got to the Grand Finale once so far and I think I only managed to complete 2 illusions - Metamorphosis and Magic Hat (of the top of my head)... to actually have to complete the illusions... I wouldn't mind if there was a little bit of a helping hand, like ToTAN's Make-A-Wish

Could have been a trapdoor/basement reward.

Ripleys already has a decent reward for completing all continents (which you can improve with the 2x playfield modifier from the slotmachine). Grande Finale is also a decent reward for clearing all illusions so I'd keep that the same, I'd just like a frantic multiball "super grande finale" on top to make playing the actual illusions more attractive. So it's not because I think TOM's wizard mode is lacking, its to make the modes (whcih should be the main attraction) more attractive to play.

Due to the risk/reward, currently only 3 are worth playing (metamorphosis, strait jacket escape and levitating woman), and while they others are going I rather work on something else (advancing the clock, activate/enter the trapdoor, which also brings you closer to multiball, or get spirit ring scores).

But sadly, this will never be. But with RBION, TOTAN and MM we already have very challenging to obtain wizard modes (no experience with CV yet) so I don't mind some tables with easier modes.

Last edited:

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
well, your ToM score is almost exactly twice mine, so you're obviously a pretty accomplished, skilled player, but I find getting to the Grand Finale a real test. I found ToTAN to be a comparatively easy wizard list to complete and usually re-complete (?!?) each time I play.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
well, your ToM score is almost exactly twice mine, so you're obviously a pretty accomplished, skilled player, but I find getting to the Grand Finale a real test. I found ToTAN to be a comparatively easy wizard list to complete and usually re-complete (?!?) each time I play.

Yea apologies, I was about to edit that bit.....TOTAN isnt a challenging mode to get, but the score you get for it is also not that great. Totan is challenging due to its lamp, but I really like the fact you need to clear the gems, just not start.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Actually, I'm quite annoyed at RBION's requirement of finishing each mode, especially when some of the requirements are set ridiculously high. I always seem to end up with one less jackpot, shrunken head hit, etc. than I need. Hopefully at some point the physics will be improved where I can effectively trap during the multiball rounds; until then, I've put the quest for Atlantis on hold.

On the other hand, Twilight Zone's wizard mode (Lost in the Zone) requires you to light fifteen door panels. Given the difficulty of the Piano shot and the high risk of the Slot Machine shot (and the fact that these two shots themselves have to be re-lit each time), this is plenty challenging even without modes to complete. Expect a lot of screaming from players who get to 13 or 14 panels and then drain the last ball. I know I've been there many times.

But with RBION, TOTAN and MM we already have very challenging to obtain wizard modes (no experience with CV yet) so I don't mind some tables with easier modes.
CV's wizard mode (Join the Cirqus) is about the same difficulty to start as TOTAN's. Finishing it is maybe a little harder than finishing Grand Finale. It's not timed, but it's a multi-step process and it asks for various specific shots, sometimes in any order, other times in a specific order, instead of just any major shot 12 times.

One big plus: Draining the ball doesn't end Join the Cirqus; it only resets your progress on the current step.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Actually, I'm quite annoyed at RBION's requirement of finishing each mode, especially when some of the requirements are set ridiculously high. I always seem to end up with one less jackpot, shrunken head hit, etc. than I need. Hopefully at some point the physics will be improved where I can effectively trap during the multiball rounds; until then, I've put the quest for Atlantis on hold.
HMM I find trapping not much of an issue. Finding out I could backhand the right ramp of the right flipper very reliably helped me on a lot of modes: all multiball ones, SA (as the right ramp launches the ball into the head), europe (to quickly enable another continent allong with it...the ball saver on multiball modes can be abused to take risky podshots at the gravestones near the scoop). Only Asia and Australia aren't made easier, but those 2 should be reliable letters. Once combined with being able to blindly shoot the center ramp with the left flipper and you score more letters per round and more jackpots to get to super jackpots.

Nice to hear TZ is in the same vein of difficulty :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Nice to hear TZ is in the same vein of difficulty :)
Lost in the Zone is going to be easier to reach than Atlantis; it just takes longer to reach because of the sheer number of shots and relights involved. I've been within one shot of Lost in the Zone on the physical TZ, but I've never gotten anywhere near Atlantis on the physical RBION.

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
If you ever play The Simpsons Pinball Party, then you know what it means to have a unbeatable Table! This one has such a HUGE Rulesheet! TZ & RBION are Kid Games :)

http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/4674/tspp-rulesheet.txt

But also LOTR has a huge Rulesheet. It has the Pinball most wanted Mode in history of Pinball. "The Valinor Multiball"!! There are rumors that this mod doesn´t exist :) Cause nearly nobody
every made it to play that Mode. I finished LOTR (Real Machine) 4 Times in 1 Game and didn´t played good enough to reach Valinor. So FARSIGHT come on!! Bring us LOTR :)

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If you ever play The Simpsons Pinball Party, then you know what it means to have a unbeatable Table! This one has such a HUGE Rulesheet! TZ & RBION are Kid Games :)

http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/4674/tspp-rulesheet.txt
Well, yes, some of the Stern wizard modes are so over the top in terms of what is required to accomplish them I'm not even sure why they bothered. LOTR's Valinor Multiball, SPP's Super Duper Mega Extreme, Family Guy's Sperm Attack, Transformers' Battle for Cybertron, etc.

The only recent Stern's wizard mode I've ever seen is Iron Man's Jericho. There's another one on that table called Do or Die, but it is far beyond my skill to reach. AC/DC's Encore looks plausible, but it also looks like a longer slog than Lost in the Zone (which I have gotten within one shot of starting on a physical TZ), and I'm not sure Encore has even been programmed into the latest ROM yet. Anyone know?

(And maybe we should make this a separate thread? We seem to have wandered far afield of the original topic.)

EDIT: I have seen Valinor Multiball, but it was with the glass off and the operator manually tossing the ball where it needed to go to make the appropriate progression, just to demonstrate that it does in fact exist. I've never seen anyone come close in regulation play.

Last edited:

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
EDIT: I have seen Valinor Multiball, but it was with the glass off and the operator manually tossing the ball where it needed to go to make the appropriate progression, just to demonstrate that it does in fact exist. I've never seen anyone come close in regulation play.

Well this is a method to see it :) I did that too with VirtualPinball by scripting a cheatscript to perform targets hits, rollovers etc with a keypress :) Not very impressive, but I know it´s there :) But really not playable in normal game.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Thanx for the info
No problem.

So is anyone else holding off on completing goals in table packs 1 & 2 until after the trophy update?
I really hope it's still on schedule since it's hard to not play my favorite table, Medieval Madness!

I've been using the time to continue to work on the last 2 remaining goals on the Ripley's table, but I don't think I'll
ever get them. Getting all 7 letters in Ripley's is very hard IMO.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
I might have already completed one of them, but I was really spending most of my time trying to finish off the original tables. RBON is the last one and I'm sorta burned out and not sure I'll bother.

BLADDERMETAL

Jul 13, 2012
Ive done about half the tables wizards goals so far that i can remember but ima take a lil break till the trophies hit but ill keep playing daily just for fun

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
#UPDATE#

New date for the fixes/table pack is September 4th.

It's no longer "By the end of August". Let's hope this date sticks!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.