New tables for Stern Pinball Arcade

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
How about it? They have some rock band based tables that would be cool, like GNR. Is anything being worked on? :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I highly recommend you give the latest Blahcade podcast a listen as the boys dive deep into this topic:

http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/13849-BlahCade-157-A-Box-of-Chiclets

“we get our thinking caps on and try to do some extrapolation about what titles Farsight Studios could theoretically and affordably produce from the Stern, Data East and Sega back catalogue. You'll find out just what this could look like if you take a listen now.”

Jake_Ry4n

Oct 9, 2018
I highly recommend you give the latest Blahcade podcast a listen as the boys dive deep into this topic:

http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/13849-BlahCade-157-A-Box-of-Chiclets

“we get our thinking caps on and try to do some extrapolation about what titles Farsight Studios could theoretically and affordably produce from the Stern, Data East and Sega back catalogue. You'll find out just what this could look like if you take a listen now.”

That's a lot of SHOULDA, WOULDA , COULDA

after listening to the podcast listen to this to bring it all full circle

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
okay thanx Jeff, now i know why we won't be getting much of anything cool out of Stern's stuff, oh well. thanx to Trap as well, helpful he is once again! :)

Last edited:

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
a Willy Wonka table, great idea Jake! probably a buncha licensing crap that will stop it too! :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'd love nothing more than for FarSight to prove me wrong. They just need to act fast, because as we pointed out on Twitter, George Gomez (Chief Creative Officer, Designer) and Brian Eddy (Designer) from Stern were in Budapest less than 2 weeks ago, visiting the Budapest Pinball Museum. Odds of them not at least meeting with Zen? Slim to none.

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
Rumor has it that the next two Jersey Jack pins will be Toy Story and Willy Wonka. Not sure which one is coming first though.
Thanx Nightstalker Guy, I never heard of those guys, if somebody could get the digital recreation rights to their tables it would be awesome! I'm sure any tables they put out are great.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hi All, can anyone tell me honestly if SPA ACDC is worth my while on Android Mobile?
Tried to find a good portrait gameplay vid on YT with no luck.
Suspicious as was never any free preview, and Mustang was a bit meh imho
Thanks in advance
Andy

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I am able to play AC/DC on Android with the score-limited version, in the main TPA app (rather than the SPA app). I bought it on iOS and I really enjoy it there. The Android version is actually superior to iOS in that it doesn't have the "no instant info" bug that has been in the iOS version since launch.

It seems to play the same on the Android as it does on iOS - it's more challenging than Star Trek (due to more realistic tuning) but an excellent implementation, overall probably one of Farsight's best tables. Really gives you the feel of playing in the arcade, needing to nudge to stay alive, etc. and the rules on AC/DC are pretty deep, lots of strategy. Of course the music is great too.

I would advise you to install TPA and do the trial game there, unless there's some reason you are not able to do this. If your phone can handle it, I would say it's definitely worthwhile.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I am able to play AC/DC on Android with the score-limited version, in the main TPA app (rather than the SPA app). I bought it on iOS and I really enjoy it there. The Android version is actually superior to iOS in that it doesn't have the "no instant info" bug that has been in the iOS version since launch.

It seems to play the same on the Android as it does on iOS - it's more challenging than Star Trek (due to more realistic tuning) but an excellent implementation, overall probably one of Farsight's best tables. Really gives you the feel of playing in the arcade, needing to nudge to stay alive, etc. and the rules on AC/DC are pretty deep, lots of strategy. Of course the music is great too.

I would advise you to install TPA and do the trial game there, unless there's some reason you are not able to do this. If your phone can handle it, I would say it's definitely worthwhile.

Thank you! I will try. Always used to play TPA on my iPad. Will dl TPA on phone

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.