Fish Tales

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Been playing a bit more Fish Tales this week, and discovered I've been playing the video mode wrong. I was aiming for the waterskiers and avoiding the other one; what I didn't realise is that there is the possibility of getting an extra ball in that mode, trying to hit everything I've seen it go past once (didn't hit it), the rest of the time it didn't even appear. Found out that the further away the target is the higher the score it gives, but does anyone know what needs to be done to get the extra ball?

I take it that its not just me that is rubbish when multiball starts - sometimes I drain all 3 balls in a few seconds.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
I take it that its not just me that is rubbish when multiball starts - sometimes I drain all 3 balls in a few seconds.

I'm right there with you regarding multiball my friend. Sometimes when FT mb first starts and the balls come flying around the table at speed, I blow it trying to get each ball out of the way of the next one and they get into a tangle and they go down the middle in a wad. Other times there are the hungry outlanes that like ricochets....etc. I've got excuses for them all.

But I keep laughing and getting better.

As for the EB that appears in video mode, I've seen it a couple of times but haven't hit it yet.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
If you destroy 3 of each boat, an Extra Ball will appear at the far end for you to shoot with a torpedo.

Sinking 15 or all 20 yields an additional bonus.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Had half a dozen more goes at video mode and got the extra ball once. Are you sure its 3 of each boat, I'm sure I got that sometimes without the EB appearing?

Also on one of those games where I let the balls drain after trying the video mode I got the match at the end - before that I thought it had been set to not ever match (for "free game") as I can't remember it doing that on any of the Williams tables.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
IRL with the machine set to tournament mode the video mode has a BS (Big Score) instead of EB - worth 20mil + the value of hitting the boats.
many competitive games won because of video mode!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.