Patch 1.30 NA and 1.31 EU

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
AC/DC is the other table where the match score is obscured by random numbers.

The slow match animation on Phantom of the Opera started with the most recent patch. It is painfully (and I mean like OMG) slow. This is an issue that existed, and was fixed, a year or two ago, so it's some sort of a regression.

Just to clarify about Centaur, the background sound should only stop while Centaur is speaking, all other times it should continue to play when hitting areas that make other sounds.

The M

Aug 20, 2017
Loving the sound improvements, but have had two crashes so far. Seems to be random. Once on TX Sector, once on Black Knight. Hoping this will get resolve with the upcoming patch as well. I am really liking the new sounds though. Such a difference.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Just had my 2nd crash, this time while playing Twilight Zone. Sent error with vid to Sony, though it doesn't seem to be table related, just sort of random as the last time it was with Firepower II. Same sort of error....just stopped, exited out of the program and went to the report error screen.

Not complaining, just reporting to make FS aware. Hope you guys can fix this issue soon.

RJB

May 1, 2013
I was not going to post about it on here as I did not think much of it at the time, but, seeing other posts I now see the latest patch has caused a new problem, I also had the game crash on me after playing with the new patch, for me it happened on "Last Action Hero" and just closed the game/app and went to the report screen as mentioned by Rayder above, so this needs sorting a.s.a.p. by the sound of it, shame to have a new issue when the sound improvements are so good, fingers crossed Farsight get this latest problem fixed fast.

Oct 15, 2013
Have you guys tried rebuilding the database of your PS4? I don't think I've had a crash in PBA so maybe that will fix it. I was having issues with crashes in Far Cry 5 and this fixed it. It also made the PS Store run faster, it was having problems playing videos and showing screenshots of games. That seems to be back though, however, I think that's just how the PS Store runs. I just have Season 7 and the AC/DC and Star Trek tables from SPA for PBA on PS4 though so maybe that's why I haven't had a crash. Either way it's a good idea to do maintenance on your PS4 because it does make it run better overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuGjE8hmusw

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
Also wanted to say how much better the sound is on AC/DC. No more constant rolling ball noise and with one of the previous updates fixing the status screen coming up on the DMD by holding down the flippers it's pretty much perfect now. The only issue I have is at the beginning of multiball the camera pans up making the cannon shot really hard. Is there a camera setting I'm missing to not make it do that? Pretty sure I have the event camera turned off. Oh and the numbers being messed up on the match screen which was previously mentioned.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Have you guys tried rebuilding the database of your PS4? I don't think I've had a crash in PBA so maybe that will fix it. I was having issues with crashes in Far Cry 5 and this fixed it. It also made the PS Store run faster, it was having problems playing videos and showing screenshots of games. That seems to be back though, however, I think that's just how the PS Store runs. I just have Season 7 and the AC/DC and Star Trek tables from SPA for PBA on PS4 though so maybe that's why I haven't had a crash. Either way it's a good idea to do maintenance on your PS4 because it does make it run better overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuGjE8hmusw

I did a rebuild database after the 1.29/1.30 patch, but not the 1.30/1.31 patch. Maybe i should do it again, but I have all my games in folders, and when you rebuild the database, many games installed on the external drive get kicked out of their folders and I have to spend like a half hour resorting them, which is a pain. I have hundreds of games installed and a 6TB external, so you see my point about it being a pain. Before externals became available to use on PS4, I used to rebuild the database every month or two, but now.......it creates a tedious re-sort process.

As for the sound, MUCH improved. Right now, there are only 3 tables (that I have found so far anyway) that still have serious sound issues.....details were all were mentioned in previous replies:
Safecracker
Black Knight 2000
Centaur

And of course there's the audio issue when pausing in the USA version. Tom said he was going to update that the next day, but it never happened.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
And of course there's the audio issue when pausing in the USA version. Tom said he was going to update that the next day, but it never happened.
That's because he's trying to hammer out the BK2000 and Safe Cracker bugs (noted in a later comment).

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
I also had a random crash while playing Space Shuttle with the new update. Never had TPA crash on my system before. Sudden blue 'report error' screen and it exited the game when I closed the prompt...

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
I at first only wanted to fix one bug with a quick submission. Then I only wanted to fix the Safecracker and Black Knight bug. But more stuff pops up that I need to fix. The pausing, Safecracker, and BK2000 bugs are fixed. I just finished a solution for Whoa Nellie's highscores being too high. I am currently looking into the gibberish posting on the DMD for certain Stern's. I think I have some clue as to what the crash is, but reproducing it is a bit tough. I will sort it out though as a crash is no good. And lastly, I'll check into Centaur's sound issue. After all of these, I will submit a new patch.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Not to be annoying, but I played a game of phantom of the opera, and the slow matching sequence is a terrible bug too.

Pretty much at the end of every game, the music during the matching sequence plays fine, but the animation takes so long that you are just waiting for a really long time for it to finish.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Not to be annoying, but I played a game of phantom of the opera, and the slow matching sequence is a terrible bug too.

Pretty much at the end of every game, the music during the matching sequence plays fine, but the animation takes so long that you are just waiting for a really long time for it to finish.

Fixed it today already. That's what I meant with certain Stern's having weird DMD issues. I'm currently looking at Buck Hunter's jumbled numbers issue. After that, this build should be ready for QA to look at.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks for the updates. Happy to see all these bugs being fixed.

Would it be possible to add a trophy for completing all the wizard goals in the post-season 7 tables? (Stern Table Pack 1-3 exclusives) Even if it's just a single bronze trophy for completing the wizard goals for all 5 tables it'd be extra incentive to go for them all. Might also encourage diehard trophy hunters to purchase all of the tables...

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
One last request Tom. Can you please update the title icon for the Big Hurt to "F.T. Big Hurt"?

It's very bizarre seeing the words "Big Hurt" under the rest of the 'F' titles.

Members online

Members online