Patch 1.30 NA and 1.31 EU

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Hopefully the random crash bug gets squashed in the process of fixing the other stuff. I've said it before, but TPA is my most played (and favorite) PS4 game and it's great to hear all the issues we have all mentioned are being looked into. TPA is one of the very few apps that I term as having "infinite replayability". There are too few games this gen that can say that.

RJB

May 1, 2013
I at first only wanted to fix one bug with a quick submission. Then I only wanted to fix the Safecracker and Black Knight bug. But more stuff pops up that I need to fix. The pausing, Safecracker, and BK2000 bugs are fixed. I just finished a solution for Whoa Nellie's highscores being too high. I am currently looking into the gibberish posting on the DMD for certain Stern's. I think I have some clue as to what the crash is, but reproducing it is a bit tough. I will sort it out though as a crash is no good. And lastly, I'll check into Centaur's sound issue. After all of these, I will submit a new patch.

Your continued work and effort on the PS4 version is fantastic Tom, but, I ask once again, PLEASE! fix the Spider Wheel issue on the Scared Stiff table, still there are always items already lit at the start of every game. Thank You!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Tom...can you please adjust the default gamma so that the colors are more vibrant and less washed out looking.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Just to throw it in here in case Farsight doesn't look at the other threads, but the plunger rod on Twilight Zone is still missing... It's as if it's invisible and we are unable to see how far back we are pulling it in order to go for skill shots, especially the level/mission that awards you an extra ball if you reach the yellow part of the skill shot I believe or maybe it's the orange mark?

It used to be there, but way back when the ball used to bounce around waiting to be plunged is when it vanished... So it's been awhile now and still hasn't been fixed...

The M

Aug 20, 2017
Ugh... I hate to have to even report this as I know Tom is working hard on the sound and getting everything right. I found another bug. When playing Dr Who on the third ball played I lose all flipper sounds and ball rolling/bouncing sounds. I can restart the Pinball Arcade and all goes back to normal, but once I lose sound on the flippers it remains that way for all other tables I try until I restart. Dr Who seems to be the only table with this issue, but once it happens it remains until restarting the pinball arcade. I have been able to duplicate this issue 100% of the time so if anyone else could please confirm this. Still really enjoying the sound improvements though. I'll keep testing all the tables and report any further findings. Thank again Tom for all the hard work on one of my favorite games ever.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ugh... I hate to have to even report this as I know Tom is working hard on the sound and getting everything right. I found another bug. When playing Dr Who on the third ball played I lose all flipper sounds and ball rolling/bouncing sounds. I can restart the Pinball Arcade and all goes back to normal, but once I lose sound on the flippers it remains that way for all other tables I try until I restart. Dr Who seems to be the only table with this issue, but once it happens it remains until restarting the pinball arcade. I have been able to duplicate this issue 100% of the time so if anyone else could please confirm this. Still really enjoying the sound improvements though. I'll keep testing all the tables and report any further findings. Thank again Tom for all the hard work on one of my favorite games ever.

I can confirm this issue is 100% reproducible.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Another random crash during Firepower 2. And I HAVE done a rebuild database since the previous crash. Sent the crash report to Sony.

blkhwks19

Jan 13, 2018
I did a rebuild too when the crashes were keeping me from even launching TPA, but I'm still getting random crashes too while playing. Seems like 1-2 crashes per hour now. Doesn't seem table-specific to me.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I'm no programmer by any stretch of the word, but it seems like it might be a memory leak or an overflow error or something, since the crashes are random and not table specific. I played multiple tables for over an hour before the last crash.

It being the holiday season, I don't expect a patch to arrive until sometime in January at the earliest.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Hopefully the error reports will give enough info so Tom can fix all variations of the crash with the next patch. I have no problem being patient and letting him resolve as many issues as possible before testing/releasing an update. If it's stable, we probably won't see another PS4 update for a LONG time.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I'm no programmer by any stretch of the word, but it seems like it might be a memory leak or an overflow error or something, since the crashes are random and not table specific. I played multiple tables for over an hour before the last crash.
It's possible or it can be tied to the leader boards. It seems that the game crashes more when the leader boards are down.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I'm not sure.....maybe. It used to just pop up a message saying that you have lost the connection with the server and that scores wouldn't be recorded on the leaderboards. Not sure if that has changed and now results in the crash or not, but it certainly could be a possibility.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Thanks for reporting the crash-issues. So I will left TPA untouched until next patch.

Happy Christmas to all of you folks and a happy new year!:D

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I at first only wanted to fix one bug with a quick submission. Then I only wanted to fix the Safecracker and Black Knight bug. But more stuff pops up that I need to fix. The pausing, Safecracker, and BK2000 bugs are fixed. I just finished a solution for Whoa Nellie's highscores being too high. I am currently looking into the gibberish posting on the DMD for certain Stern's. I think I have some clue as to what the crash is, but reproducing it is a bit tough. I will sort it out though as a crash is no good. And lastly, I'll check into Centaur's sound issue. After all of these, I will submit a new patch.

Any news on this update Tom?

Mar 9, 2012
Tom, any chance of allowing the use of glo balls in tournament and challenge modes? It's really hard to go back to the regular ball that is still way too dark.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Interesting that people say they can't see the default ball as I can see it fine. Hmm.

Anyway, I just want the promised fixes after the sound update.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.