PS4 version?

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
1.02 update out now.
Update History says:

"Leaderboard issue that caused crash is fixed."

Man! Now I'm always checking PSN for the rest of the DLC......

EDIT: I never had any of the hard crashes others reported before the update, but I certainly do now......it's crashing with just about every other thing I do.
Server enabled/disabled doesn't seem to matter.
Try to enable motion blur (I wanted to see it), and it's instant crash. (I tried this 3 times, even after a complete console shut down/reboot, always the same result)
You can load ZP up and play one table just fine, but exit out, try to load a different table.....crash! (also tested multiple times)

I don't know if others are having the same results, but it wasn't crashing on me at all before the 1.02 update.

I'm on a PS4 Pro with boost mode enabled, if that matters.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
EDIT: I never had any of the hard crashes others reported before the update, but I certainly do now......it's crashing with just about every other thing I do.
Try to enable motion blur (I wanted to see it), and it's instant crash. (I tried this 3 times, even after a complete console shut down/reboot, always the same result)
You can load ZP up and play one table just fine, but exit out, try to load a different table.....crash! (also tested multiple times)

I don't know if others are having the same results, but it wasn't crashing on me at all before the 1.02 update.

I played the game with the new update on my PS4 Pro (Boost Mode on) for 2 hours with no crashing.

It sounds like you might have some broken code on the hard drive from the update. I had something similar a couple of weeks ago with another game.

Have you tried rebuilding your PS4's database? That will fix the broken code on your hard drive.

Just hold down the power button (while system is off) until you hear 2 beeps. This will take you into safe mode. Now, select number 5 from the list and let the system rebuild the database. It should only take a couple of minutes.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
I was really looking forward to this, with so many new tables, but what a huge disappointment so far. It never should have released in this state. Worse QC than Farsight. Even if you can avoid the constant crashes, the multiball framerate drops are unacceptable, and the jerky camera transitions when launching the ball or nudging give me a headache. It's like an alpha test version of a mobile game.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I don't have time to do a rebuild database to see if that will fix the game......too many installed games on the extended storage drive to have to re-sort into folders. Maybe I'll do that on the weekend. But I did delete and reinstall it and that made no difference. No, I just think the 1.02 update borked it.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I was really looking forward to this, with so many new tables, but what a huge disappointment so far. It never should have released in this state. Worse QC than Farsight. Even if you can avoid the constant crashes, the multiball framerate drops are unacceptable, and the jerky camera transitions when launching the ball or nudging give me a headache. It's like an alpha test version of a mobile game.

You may very well be correct however don't be too quick to assume this is all on the Zaccaria dev. Sony has dropped the ball many times when it comes to new releases.

Oct 15, 2013
1.02 update out now.
Update History says:

"Leaderboard issue that caused crash is fixed."

Man! Now I'm always checking PSN for the rest of the DLC......

If by fixed they mean taking down the leaderboards because they still don't work. It didn't crash on me since the update but I only played a game on the free table. I'm using a standard PS4 with an external hard drive. I wonder if the crashing issue and other problems has to do with running it off the external? I also noticed that the game doesn't autopause when I bring up Spotify in the quick menu like other games.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I actually moved ZP to and from the external, deleted/re-installed it and none of that made any difference.

And I must re-iterate that I had ZERO crash issues with the game before the 1.02 update.

I plan to do a rebuild database over the weekend to see if that helps, but I doubt it will do anything except make me re-sort dozens of games installed on the external back into their folders.

Oct 15, 2013
I actually moved ZP to and from the external, deleted/re-installed it and none of that made any difference.

And I must re-iterate that I had ZERO crash issues with the game before the 1.02 update.

I plan to do a rebuild database over the weekend to see if that helps, but I doubt it will do anything except make me re-sort dozens of games installed on the external back into their folders.

Yeah, on the folders thing I recently did a rebuild and there's a quick way to add multiple games or other apps to the same folder while you're still in that folder. I only figured it out after I was almost done adding everything in the folders one at a time. Can't remember how it works but it's built in you just have to find it.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It's definitely a possibility and once again Sony dropped the ball on the DLC.

Business as usual at Sony. Their North American division doesn't seem to like small developers. Just ask Farsight. If unavailable, then just ask Hamster Corporation (the Arcade Archives people).

Mar 9, 2012
Business as usual at Sony. Their North American division doesn't seem to like small developers. Just ask Farsight. If unavailable, then just ask Hamster Corporation (the Arcade Archives people).

Yup.. Sony finally responded to them this morning.. to ignore them since Monday is so disrespectful

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Well, I rebuilt the database......no difference, still crashing left and right, just as I stated above. Other games are playing just fine.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
OK, so I think I figured it out....once I deleted the save file, things went back to normal and I can play multiple tables without a problem. The save file must have gotten corrupted somehow.

But enabling motion blur still causes an instant freeze and subsequent crash report screen, so I guess I'll just leave motion blur off. It's not like I was going to leave it on anyway, I just wanted to see what it looked like.

Can someone on a PS4 please test enabling motion blur and see if it crashes for you too? As soon as you click the "on" selection for motion blur is when it should lock up for a few seconds, then go to the crash screen....at least that's how it's acting for me. If nothing else, it's bug testing/reporting for Magic Pixel.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
OK, so I think I figured it out....once I deleted the save file, things went back to normal and I can play multiple tables without a problem. The save file must have gotten corrupted somehow.

But enabling motion blur still causes an instant freeze and subsequent crash report screen, so I guess I'll just leave motion blur off. It's not like I was going to leave it on anyway, I just wanted to see what it looked like.

Can someone on a PS4 please test enabling motion blur and see if it crashes for you too? As soon as you click the "on" selection for motion blur is when it should lock up for a few seconds, then go to the crash screen....at least that's how it's acting for me. If nothing else, it's bug testing/reporting for Magic Pixel.

Tried enabling and disabling motion blur and no problems. Works fine. All motion blur seems to do though is make the ball blurry when it first launches up the chute. Since deleting the save file helped maybe just uninstall the whole thing, (the game, the new save file and any cloud saves if you have PS+), and then do another rebuild. Some data must be corrupted. Bad download.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014

Motion blur is working fine for me also. Played a lot yesterday and no crashes since the update.

A couple comments about trophies...
The trophies aren't much of a challenge. 9 of the 10 trophies can be earned on the free Space Shuttle table. I don't think it's possible to reach the 90 second mode score requirement on Space Shuttle but I got the trophy instantly by playing the Cinestar Deluxe table after buying the Deluxe DLC pack. Doesn't look like there will be any more trophies added since the xbone version has been out for a year and still has the same 10 achievements that match the PS4 trophy list.

The price list shows an 'awards table pack' for $4.99. Those tables are earned by completing quests, so it looks like that's just going to be a shortcut purchase in case you don't want to earn the tables by playing. It would have made more sense to call the section 'rewards' for english language countries. Anyway, since the trophy list is so easy, unlocking the awards tables is a welcome challenge. You can complete quests on free play tables without any purchases and the first table unlocks pretty quickly. The Mummy table that unlocks first has a lot of drop targets, so if you're struggling with the target eliminator trophy on Space Shuttle it's much easier to get the trophy on Mummy.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.