PS4 version?

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
zacc base game free with one table with no scoring limitation (space shuttle)

deluxe pack 1 (4.99)
- Red Show Deluxe
- Cine Star Deluxe
- Spooky Deluxe

zombie invasion (2.99)
campaign mode (2.99)

hope the rest of the packs arrive soon.

The rest will most likely be available tomorrow, since that was the date (8/4) that Magic Pixel was given.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
My first crash was at the menu.

Second one was during a game of Space Shuttle. It crashed when I was playing it. Didn't even complete the game.

Looks very washed out compared to PC, but still plays well when not crashing.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Only once did I had a crash and that was when I was playing Story Mode. It crashed during switching tables. I experience some hanging when uploading scores to the leaderboards, but it would fix itself out after about 15 seconds. I'm playing the game on a PS4 Pro with the boost mode turned on.

If you are experiencing crashing during gameplay, then I really recommend taking the PS4 into Safe Mode and rebuild the database. That usually resolves game crashing issues. I just rebuilt mine last week, because Demon's Tilt was acting screwy after downloading it.

Looks very washed out compared to PC, but still plays well when not crashing.
Change the game's settings. The defaults are different from the PC version.

I turned off the dust effect, removed the glass, changed the weather to clear night, increased the room lighting to 25%, and changed the table lighting to pure white. It looks much more lush now. On a side note: I really love this game's customization options.

Last edited:

saspin

Aug 22, 2014
zacc base game free with one table with no scoring limitation (space shuttle)

deluxe pack 1 (4.99)
- Red Show Deluxe
- Cine Star Deluxe
- Spooky Deluxe

zombie invasion (2.99)
campaign mode (2.99)

hope the rest of the packs arrive soon.

What is zombie invasion and campaign mode?

Scott

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
What is zombie invasion and campaign mode?

Campaign Mode - Similar to the table challenges, but with RPG elements added to it. I personally find this mode very frustrating and don't really recommend it.

Zombie Invasion - A dedicated table where you take out waves of zombies. Hitting lit targets will fire weapons at them or you can just attack them with the ball. Very recommended!

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
I played many games of Space Shuttle using simulation mode 5 ball without issue. Then when trying out Arcade mode 5 ball it crashed during the middle of the game over and over again. Then I tried Arcade 3 ball and only got one game in, the others crashed. Then one time when starting the game it said it couldn't connect to the server and it wouldn't upload scores anymore. I also earned a trophy which I can't access. The trophy info isn't on the PSN server. It says content unavailable. I earned it, it's in notifications but the trophy list isn't available. So I think Magic Pixel took the server offline until the full release tomorrow.

I've played all the big hitters in digital pinball, Pinball Arcade, ZP2, FX3, and Stern. I'm enjoying Zaccaria so far. I played it a bit on PC but didn't have a great experience because my PCs are old so this version is welcome. I think the sounds and visuals are pretty good and the customization stuff is nice. I also like that it's not as popular so I have a chance on the leaderboards. Haha. Ball physics seem good and I like that the table nudge isn't reversed like in Zen. I'm also interested in the Deluxe versions with that fancy video display. Haven't seen that in a digital pinball game before so that's cool. Also there's no censorship like in FX3 so that's a plus. Finally the complete package isn't going to coast an arm and a leg unlike Pinball Arcade did or FX3 does. At least I think/hope so. I have most of the tables for Pinball Arcade and a smattering of Zen originals with I think half of the Williams/Bally ones. Can't really stand Zen originals and the Williams/Bally ones are ok but the censorship and inverted nudging bring them down a bit. So Zaccaria feels fresh to me compared to the other offerings.

So yay! They just need to fix the bugs. Hopefully we don't have another Farsight situation on our hands. I don't think the game was supposed to come out today so that's why it's buggy. I hope.

Last edited:

saspin

Aug 22, 2014
Campaign Mode - Similar to the table challenges, but with RPG elements added to it. I personally find this mode very frustrating and don't really recommend it.

Zombie Invasion - A dedicated table where you take out waves of zombies. Hitting lit targets will fire weapons at them or you can just attack them with the ball. Very recommended!

Thank you!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Trophy issue seems to be fixed. I haven’t had the game crash yet, but then again, I only completed two games.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Only once did I had a crash and that was when I was playing Story Mode. It crashed during switching tables. I experience some hanging when uploading scores to the leaderboards, but it would fix itself out after about 15 seconds. I'm playing the game on a PS4 Pro with the boost mode turned on.

If you are experiencing crashing during gameplay, then I really recommend taking the PS4 into Safe Mode and rebuild the database. That usually resolves game crashing issues. I just rebuilt mine last week, because Demon's Tilt was acting screwy after downloading it.

Change the game's settings. The defaults are different from the PC version.

I turned off the dust effect, removed the glass, changed the weather to clear night, increased the room lighting to 25%, and changed the table lighting to pure white. It looks much more lush now. On a side note: I really love this game's customization options.

I'll play around with the customization options. If I like what I see, I'll start with buying the solid state pack. Thanks for the advice!

Mar 9, 2012
Latest from Magic Pixel...

--

Hey everybody,

Zaccaria Pinball is now released on the Playstation 4 in North & South America. We noticed the release was earlier than Sony originally stated, which was 4th August.

As of right now it looks like they have not pushed everything through yet, the majority of the DLC is still missing, trophies are still missing and some things are just not fully functional yet. We are curious to see what happens in the upcoming days.

Nonetheless, we are on top of it and do everything in our power to tackle any issue that is coming.

More announcements will follow soon.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I played some more and I think I figured out the crashing issue. Pretty much it only crashes when connected to their server. If you go offline, you can play to your heart’s content without it crashing. But this needs to be fixed for a pinball game where leaderboards are so important.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I played some more and I think I figured out the crashing issue. Pretty much it only crashes when connected to their server. If you go offline, you can play to your heart’s content without it crashing. But this needs to be fixed for a pinball game where leaderboards are so important.

Do you know if the leaderboards are cross-platform, or are those for Playstation separate to those for Steam?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Do you know if the leaderboards are cross-platform, or are those for Playstation separate to those for Steam?

I just checked and now it just tries to connect and then says that the server is currently down. Maybe it is something they are trying to fix behind the scenes.

Oct 15, 2013

I kind of thought it had something to do with a server issue. Do the offline scores upload to the leaderboards after you reconnect?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I kind of thought it had something to do with a server issue. Do the offline scores upload to the leaderboards after you reconnect?

I don’t think so. But I can’t really test because a message says that the leaderboard is being worked on.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I wonder if the issue with the leaderboards has anything to do with why there is missing DLC on PSN. I mean, it certainly is easier to deal with crash reports when you are limited to only a few tables without scoring limitations.

Oct 15, 2013
Played some more and checked out the Story mode. Pretty neat. I got to the 18th table. I also played some of the limited score tables and actually earned the Million Point trophy doing so. It was the Red Show Deluxe table. Also got some quests done on the limited point tables as well. I wonder how many of the extra tables you could unlock by completing quests from the limited score tables and Story mode? Seems strange to let you earn quests and even trophies on the limited score tables.

Customized my camera too. Messed around with all sorts of customization features. Don't see the point of playfield dirt though. I could't really tell the difference visually and the ball didn't seem to react differently. Also using small and big balls appears to count the same as using a regular ball in Arcade and Simulation mode? Shouldn't the score be under User for that?

I wonder how long it will take until the whole game is up and running properly?

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I wonder how many of the extra tables you could unlock by completing quests from the limited score tables and Story mode?

You should be able to unlock the first two (Mummy and Alien) pretty easily if you play them in Simulation Mode. The Remake tables have 7-10 million score limits, so you can unlock quite a few quests on those. The other sections are all over the place.

Note: Locomotion, Acrobatics, and Shooting the Rapids Remake have an extending score limits (about 3x more).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.