Tournaments are Live and Working

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Hey all. Today, I put out a PC build with a quick fix for tournaments. A while ago I put out a fix for tournaments on PS4. All the platforms have since been tested, and our scores are posting and displaying. We wanted to do tournaments, but there were just problems with the tournaments for various different reasons. So the tournament that started today and is currently live will end on the 25th around 5:00 PM Pacific

Anyways, here are the tables that are in the tournaments:
  • AC/DC
  • Big Shot
  • Centigrade 37
  • Ghostbusters
  • Mustang
  • Rescue 911
  • Star Trek
  • Whoa Nellie

Now that these issues have been resolved, we will get back to releasing a tournament on every two weeks basis.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2012
Hey all. Today, I put out a PC build with a quick fix for tournaments. A while ago I put out a fix for tournaments on PS4. All the platforms have since been tested, and our scores are posting and displaying. We wanted to do tournaments, but there were just problems with the tournaments for various different reasons. So the tournament that started today and is currently live will end on the 25th around 5:00 PM Pacific

• AC/DC
  • Big Shot
  • Centigrade 37
  • Ghostbusters
  • Mustang
  • Rescue 911
  • Star Trek
  • Whoa Nellie

Now that these issues have been resolved, we will get back to releasing a tournament on every two weeks basis.

I just loaded up the PS4 and its working for me so thanks!

One annoying bug (on the PS4) is you can't cycle through the tables while viewing table standings anymore to check scores on the various tables included in the tournament like how it use to work..

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
What do you expect? Bally and Williams tables are not allowed to be in tournaments anymore.

And the best. It is still impossible for me to get the 3 Stern tables, already bought for SPA, in TPA for free on psn or ingame. I get charged 9,99 Euros per table.
Sorry, not my tournament.

P.S. But this is, of course, not Tom´s fault. Maybe Tom should start a second tournament with only Gottlieb tables.

Last edited:

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
Something else from S1-S7 that not Williams or Bally.
Now I have to buy i.e. POTO for the 3rd time for the same platform. I bought only the table for the first time. Then bought the season that POTO is in(S4). Now another pack that contains POTO. There are a lot of redundancy. I bought 5 seasons (S3..S7) in june before the deadline at full price. Now I have to buy all the new packs to apply for the tournament.

Mar 9, 2012
And the best. It is still impossible for me to get the 3 Stern tables, already bought for SPA, in TPA for free on psn or ingame. I get charged 9,99 Euros per table.
Sorry, not my tournament.

P.S. But this is, of course, not Tom´s fault. Maybe Tom should start a second tournament with only Gottlieb tables.

You should contact Farsight and Sony to help with that as I didn't have to re-buy the Stern Tables.

When you bought the Stern tables originally did you buy them by Season Packs or individually? I seem to recall that people who didn't buy the Stern Tables by Season packs had issues with the tables unlocking in TPA for free.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Thanks for your reply, dear Captain Caveman!
Well, I bought them individually. It seems, you´re right, that´s the reason for my Problem. Farsight should solve this.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Seems to be a big bug on Steam. Whem I load up TPA, it comes up fine......But when you click the start, the game shuts down. I use Win7.

FreeJamSociety

Jun 6, 2017
I added $50 to my Steam Wallet for the specific purpose of purchasing Stern Table Packs 1, 2, and 3, but am unable to complete the transaction through the in-game Steam overlays. Is there another method of purchasing the table packs? Please advise.

Oct 15, 2013
Sure, just go to the Steam store, click on the store icon in the upper left of your screen if you're in your library of games, then just type in Pinball Arcade in the search box on that page. When you're on the Pinball Arcade page then just scroll down to where it says Downloadable Content For This Game and click the little see all button. The Stern table packs can be selected and bought from there.

Last edited:

FreeJamSociety

Jun 6, 2017
Sure, just go to the Steam store, click on the store icon in the upper left of your screen if you're in your library of games, then just type in Pinball Arcade in the search box on that page. When you're on the Pinball Arcade page then just scroll down to where it says Downloadable Content For This Game and click the little see all button. The Stern table packs can be selected and bought from there.

That worked! Thank you very much for your help. It had just been a very long time since I made a Steam purchase. I can, now, at least, get a fair crack at this current tournament. I'm, also, very pleased to read that there will be more tournaments from now on.

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
Very sad... But as of now Farsight hasn't fix the problems for the Stern tables on the Mac.. Sent multiple emails got back a weak response 10 days ago, now nothing..

Just my $0.02... ;)

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
New update: The bug is back......game shuts down when I click the start button.

The bug never left. You need to either be logged out of Steam (or whichever platform you are on) or wait at the splash screen for at least 15 seconds (some have said it takes them more than 30 seconds) before "Press to Start."

The other option is to remove the .dat file with your Farsight login info, log in to the Farsight server manually in the game, and then make sure you log out of the Farsight account before you exit the game.

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015

• AC/DC
  • Big Shot
  • Centigrade 37
  • Ghostbusters
  • Mustang
  • Rescue 911
  • Star Trek
  • Whoa Nellie

It's now over five weeks since you said that there would be a tournament every two weeks Tom.
Can we have a tournament please. I have the week off work so,like,NOW would be cool:cool:

Members online

Members online