Score two Skill Shots in a row Wizard Goal

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
I'm surprised there was no reports of a bug for this wizard goal. I posted this video to prove that this wizard goal does get awarded, but it glitches a lot. I had to do this multiple times and even three times in a row without being awarded the goal. :( . The standard goal for getting a Skill Shot also did not register the first time so there must be some subtly that I'm missing here.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
This is hands-down the buggiest, least supported table in TPA. It was broken on launch, got better, but still has lots of issues.

I have gotten 4-ball multiball twice and neither time did that Wizard goal fire. It still has the "game never ends" bug sometimes too, where it goes into attract mode after a game finishes and just scans over the table forever, and you have to cancel your game to get out, not recording your score or goals completed.

In some ways it's a really fun table, I like nailing the dual spinners at the top, and the locking redirect with the third button is clever. It has some incomprehensible rules, but hey, it's a Gottlieb Premier. Maybe someday Farsight will fix all the bugs.

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
Fortunately for me the 4-ball multiball registered for me the first time I did it, but there did seem to be a little delay. Actually, the hardest goal for me was getting an extra ball in the standard goals! It seems like in an attempt to fix some other physics problems they made the flipper and pop bumpers proximity detectosr instead of collision detectors. They seem to fire like crazy when the ball is anywhere near them. I was watching videos of a real version of the table and you can shoot the ball up to the captive ball and it usually will then slide down to the upper left flipper for a shot at the right mini loop. This of course is needed to earn an extra ball. Shooting the same shot on the pinball arcade version results in extreme pop bumper deflections and rarely came down that outer lane. I had to instead shoot the middle jump ramp and hope the eject of the ball from that hole would miss the pop bumper and give me a shot with the upper flipper. Needless to say it was very inconsistent and it took me ages to hit that right mini-loop enough times to earn an extra ball.

Members online

Members online