Patch 1.31 NA and 1.32 EU

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Hey all. Sorry it took so long to get this patch out. QA has been very tight recently, so while I completed all of this stuff weeks ago, this patch wasn't able to be tested for a while. This patch should be out right as I finish this post, so go check that out.

Patch 1.31

Features Added:
- Reset high scores functionality. Go to Table Menu -> High Scores -> Reset High Scores to reset a table's high scores or go to Main Menu -> Options -> Settings -> Reset High Scores to reset every single table's high scores

Bugs Fixed:
- Safecracker audio loop fixed
- Black Knight 2000 singing is back
- Phantom of the Opera DMD match animation is back to regular speed
- Buckhunter dmd match animation fixed
- Fixed random crash caused by new audio engine

So pretty much self explanatory. I fixed all the bugs that I had seen at the time on the forums that had popped up due to the new audio engine. But I also decided to fix the Whoa Nellie high scores being way too high. The only way that I could do this was give you all the option to reset high scores. Luckily, it didn't take too much time given the functionality was there in the new GUI for certain platforms. The only note of caution is that in the high scores menu, you can look at different tables' highscores even when you're on a certain table. For example: If you're playing Whoa Nellie, and you go to high scores and start scrolling around to say Big Buck Hunter, and you press the reset high scores button, you'll reset Big Buck Hunter's high scores. So take that into consideration.

As always, if you see any big problems in regards to audio or in the new reset functionality, let me know.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks Tom!

Just tried it out and see that you fixed AC/DC match and Centeur's music as well. Nice!

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Just got home from work......such a nice surprise. Glad to hear all the outstanding issues have been fixed. Thanks Tom!

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Still issues with the sound effects.. I made a separate post... It started from the Dr Who table and effected the flipper sound effects and others into the menu sound effects which affected the whole game and on other tables. Also a table crashed and never loaded, just kept panning over the table...

Sucks having paid all this money on a broken product...

Drathro

Jul 28, 2013
Is there any chance that the art bugs with the dmds on the earlier tables and the twilight zone rod will be redone?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I can confirm the mechanical sound issue on Doctor Who.

• The music does not loop for any of the tables on the table select screen or during the fly over. It plays one cycle then stops.

• The confirmation dialogue does not play when you select Doctor Who: Master of Time on the table select screen.

• All tables: When two or more balls are locked, you can hear them continuously hitting each other.

• AC/DC: Match sequence displays a bunch of random numbers.

• Black Hole: The background music does not loop in-game. It plays one cycle then stops.

• Doctor Who: After locking two balls...once you launch the ball, all mechanical and UI sounds are inaudible on all tables and menus until you close and restart TPA.

• Gorgar: Pop bumpers should be brighter when lit.

• Spanish Eyes: Pop bumpers should be brighter when lit.

Feedback: I loaded and started all 100 tables in succession without a single crash.

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Lighting.....well.....that's a whole separate issue altogether that effects many tables in varying ways. Most tables don't get dark enough at 0%, the bulb lighting slider does nothing on a some of them......like I said, varying issues with lighting. The main focus of this patch was fixing sound issues after switching to the new sound engine. I figure once they iron out those issues, then we can get back to the lighting/graphical issues.

On Doctor Who, the mechanical sounds went away for me after locking only one ball. But it didn't seem to effect other tables. Weird.

Can confirm music not looping on the table select screen.

Random crashing does indeed seem to be fixed.

Love the high score reset, not only did it give Woah! Nellie realistic high scores to shoot for, but it encompasses ALL 100 tables, either individually or universally. That's just awesome.

I think that compared to the sound issues before the patch, and how it is now, the patch was mostly a success. Just a couple little sound related issues left and we'll be done worrying about sound, then they can work on other issues. Thanks goes out to Tom for all your efforts. TPA on PS4 has improved greatly since you have come aboard and we really appreciate everything you've done so far. Keep on keeping on.

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Question for Tom......how helpful is Sony's crash report towards fixing crash issues? Any time I ever have a crash during any game I always report it through the console crash report screen, so I'm curious how useful that actually is for you.

Edit: Discovered another sound issue.....Black Hole. The background sound during gameplay only plays once instead of looping. It will play again after hitting anything else that makes sound, but still doesn't loop.

Edit2: Had another instance of the random jumble of numbers thing during the match sequence on AC/DC.

Last edited:

funchords

May 13, 2017
Eight Ball Deluxe -- when I try to play three or four games in a row, it eventually crashes at random times. If, after each game, I exit out of the table back to the Tables menu and then go back into the table, I never get a crash.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Eight Ball Deluxe -- when I try to play three or four games in a row, it eventually crashes at random times. If, after each game, I exit out of the table back to the Tables menu and then go back into the table, I never get a crash.

Had to be an isolated incident....I played 8 ball Deluxe 7 or 8 times in a row with no crash. Try doing a rebuild database, that fixed my crash issues with TPA, especially after this last patch.

Have to say though, there are still some sound issues that have been listed in this thread. Hey Tom, you still there? What's going on?

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
TPA still keeps crashing since v1.31(EU) Now it's v1.32(EU) and still keeps crashing. There was _never_ a single crash with v1.30 or earlier versions.
Please do something about it.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Well, 1.33 (EU) is here now... maybe the problems have been solved. But I doubt we're going to see any new tables.

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
1.33 - still the same (crashes). Nothing has been solved, only ACDC was removed.
Don't care care much any more. I play less and less with TPA (only couple tables in tournaments).
I regret buying 5 seasons at full price on may 2018.
Farsight promised that they will keep supporting TPA.
Now everyone knows that was a lie.

I usually play PFX3 nowadays.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
1.33 - still the same (crashes). Nothing has been solved, only ACDC was removed.
Don't care care much any more. I play less and less with TPA (only couple tables in tournaments).
I regret buying 5 seasons at full price on may 2018.
Farsight promised that they will keep supporting TPA.
Now everyone knows that was a lie.

I usually play PFX3 nowadays.

Same here. Although I must admit I'm not happy with ZEN's censorship. But once you have played a table on FX3, there is just no going back to TPA.
If Farsight wants to have a chance on surviving with TPA, they will have to do a revamp like FX2 -> FX3 for free as well. But I doubt that that will ever happen.

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
Plus it will only Gottlieb tables would be in the revamp, when Zen revamp they also lost some licenses TPA has lost nearly every license, Stern incoming also my guess, so an revamp would be only a crippled Software of better looking gottliebs

Members online

Members online