When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
seems like things are just being taken away rather than put... there was an update recently and looks to be they just lost the rights to play pinball wizard on the menu it reverted back to that old menu song, so any hopes we used to have that they were gonna give us tommy are probably in the trash as well
Well, there's a blessing in disguise! They turned off a LOT of players when they started using that tune.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Striker

May 26, 2017
seems like things are just being taken away rather than put... there was an update recently and looks to be they just lost the rights to play pinball wizard on the menu it reverted back to that old menu song, so any hopes we used to have that they were gonna give us tommy are probably in the trash as well

The song confused me when I first bought TPA. Why have the rights to Pinball Wizard the song but not to the Tommy pin? Perhaps a first red flag about Farsight’s business acumen.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
The song confused me when I first bought TPA. Why have the rights to Pinball Wizard the song but not to the Tommy pin? Perhaps a first red flag about Farsight’s business acumen.

There all the actor licences (have a look at the backglass). Jack Nicholson may not be cheap.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
OK, so I have all of everything for TPA on PS4 from before the Bally/Williams license expiration, that's 100 tables. After the Bally/Williams license expired, their collection was reduced to less than half......39 I believe? UGH! Is it any wonder that they aren't even bothering to do anything further with it? I've lost hope that we will get so much as a bugfix patch anymore. The last time they released any kind of update was to further remove tables (AC/DC I think), and now the Pinball Wizard opening song on the PC, so......yeah. I think TPA is just plain done. Stick a fork in it and give up hope.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
That pinball wizard version isn't the original obviously. It was a version that the sound engineer, Norman, produced.

Somewhat ironically the tune is featured on the Toyshock Digital Pinball pincab offering that FS has recently released.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
That pinball wizard version isn't the original obviously. It was a version that the sound engineer, Norman, produced.

They are talking about the Steam version, which really had The Who's "Pinball Wizard" as the theme.

The majority of the other platforms continue to use the Norman mix.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I was gonna say, I'm still hearing Pinball Wizard on Steam, iOS app, and Switch. When I heard it was the 'old' menu song, I thought it was the REALLY old menu song that wasn't Pinball Wizard at all!

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Shucks, our 0% chance of getting it became still 0%.
At this rate of regression Farsight will expect us to produce the next table.

TPA used to be so reliable. There were hiccups, especially for PS3 / 4 owners, but there were years of pinball happiness.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

Maybe they got the rights to Pinball Wizard to use in The Party Zone? There's 2 other songs that they didn't get the license for that are in the real machine but not Pinball Arcade version. Purple Haze and some other song.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nobody will get that Purple Haze license again. Hendrix estate wouldn’t even let the music be in his biopic.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Seems to be a job for life for the lawyers involved, nearly 50 years since Hendrix died. Think its 2062 (95 years after creation) before it can be used without a licence (barring a change in the law before then, which is likely).

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
they set it up so who ever holds the hendrix rights can keep the rights forever as long as the current owner it's passed down to renews it from time to time. it's disney's fault, Micky mouse will never be public domain. as for the song, on ps4 im not hearing any version of pinball wizard it is playing the old old old song, the exact one that was on The Williams Collection for xbox 360 before TPA even existed.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
as for the song, on ps4 im not hearing any version of pinball wizard it is playing the old old old song, the exact one that was on The Williams Collection for xbox 360 before TPA even existed.

Huh. Did they go back to the carousel wheel of table selection too? 😂

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
oh wait im wrong, just popped in my old copy of williams hall of fame and it is a differnt song. ive heard this one in the past though for sure as it is very familiar. i guess this current song on ps4 is supposed to sort of sound like pinball wizard maybe? its got that doo doo doo da doo doo do da doo thing but is definilty not actually anything like pinball wizard. its sort of like those fake power rangers figures you see at the boardwalk games that are called things like "action hero squad rangers 2000" or whatever the heck they have to do to just resemble something while not being it enough to skate around laws.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I don't know if anyone saw the new Pinball Arcade Newsletter. No mention of new tables. But their was a new game anounced called Pinball Soccer World. Seems mobile only and no screenshots are shown.

https://sg-mktg.com/MTU3NjI4NDIxN3x...8hKdgXZ6cxF7lF-mhdE7o9feGdwPqa_Jc9R8BTeQolF8=

Thanks, didn't even know they were still sending them out. Good thing is that they are still able to monetize Gottlieb tables, so hopefully there's still a business case to put out new tables some time in 2020.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Speaking of Gottlieb, all the Gottlieb tables are on sale on Steam for 50% off.

Meanwhile, no Stern packs are on sale. Given Zen's tease (ie Mel Kirk's tweet) I'm expecting Farsight to announce the removal of Stern Pinball games within a few months.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.