When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
[MENTION=1729]shogun00[/MENTION] - So Farsight have now lost the Stern licence that they were using to produce SPA titles?!

SPA has been such a disappointment :(
Remember all that talk of joint/dual development and in tandem releases with new Stern tables........Seems a lonnnnnng lonnnnnng time ago now....

No, Stern no longer has a license to make more Metallica machines. That’s not to say they couldn’t sign another at some point and do a vault edition.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
I am starved for some pinball news of any kind. Maybe it's because it's freezing outside but I need something new to perk up the winter haha

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Melons and Buck

I thought the same, until I wasted $10 on Mustang. Juicy Melons & Big Buck would be $15 down the drain. They don't have replay appeal to me.

I have to say that I've been enjoying both Melons and Buck. The former is definitely old-school, but Buck is quite deep and challenging. I like both titles much more than, say, Banzai Run or Pistol Poker...

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they had to restructure after losing the Williams license. At least tournaments have come back.

I wasn't a fan of BBH and haven't bought a table in a while. Some great old tables have been mentioned here, and I'm still hoping to see Meteor. It's right up there with 8 ball deluxe and Xenon for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they had to restructure after losing the Williams license. At least tournaments have come back.

I wasn't a fan of BBH and haven't bought a table in a while. Some great old tables have been mentioned here, and I'm still hoping to see Meteor. It's right up there with 8 ball deluxe and Xenon for me.

Meteor would be nice to see, but the theme is a movie license that seems to be in an odd state of digital reproduction rights ownership. The original movie was a partnership of Shaw Brothers and what ended up becoming Orion Pictures which later was purchased by MGM, and then when Turner purchased and later that same year sold MGM, he retained the distribution rights to the pre-sale catalog which is now owned by Warner Bros.

I suppose if Meteor could be done with a deal with Warner Bros, that would also open up the possibility of tables with DC (Batman) and old New Line (Freddy) IP too, which would be very cool.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Meteor would be nice to see, but the theme is a movie license that seems to be in an odd state of digital reproduction rights ownership. The original movie was a partnership of Shaw Brothers and what ended up becoming Orion Pictures which later was purchased by MGM, and then when Turner purchased and later that same year sold MGM, he retained the distribution rights to the pre-sale catalog which is now owned by Warner Bros.

I suppose if Meteor could be done with a deal with Warner Bros, that would also open up the possibility of tables with DC (Batman) and old New Line (Freddy) IP too, which would be very cool.
Wow. I completely forgot it was based on a movie. I don't believe there are any tie ins besides the name and overall them, so maybe that makes it feasible.

Still.. excellent point! Damn. It was always a favorite.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Wow. I completely forgot it was based on a movie. I don't believe there are any tie ins besides the name and overall them, so maybe that makes it feasible.

Still.. excellent point! Damn. It was always a favorite.

Well, I am not averse to tables that have fantastic layouts and rule sets getting theme overhauls. While some tables would absolutely be ruined by gutting the theme and tacking on a fresh coat of shiny bits, I think Meteor would be a wonderful candidate for a kind of "modern-vintage" release. Plus, I wouldn't miss the original chiptune "music", or is that only in the Taito version. Anyway, an original IP remake would be welcome on my hard drive.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
It's right up there with 8 ball deluxe and Xenon for me.

I was just thinking the other day that it'd be nice to get another billiards themed table in TPA to replace the loss of EBD. I'd love Nine Ball or Sharkey's Shootout.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Sharkey’s is the same layout as EBD, just with a ramp where the left drop targets should have been. I’d say that’s a proper replacement!

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
During Mikes Lindsey’s Thursday Pinball showoff, I saw Matt right down Game Of Thrones as one of the tables. Don’t go crazy yet, but he mentioned in April, so we just have to wait and see. I’ll take Game Of Thrones, Walking Dead, and Metallica as are next Stern Games anytime, I will be happy with those for Monthes, until they figure out the LCD games like Batman 66, and The Munsters LE.

I was kidding. I would love to do GoT though, I love that series (been a huge book and show fan since the show started).

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I wonder if Munsters would be a possibility. Old license might not be super expensive. Would have to come up with a solution for the newer style displays though.

jogrady7

Jul 2, 2018
The irony is that they (TPA) did almost all the good Williams/Bally tables, which I can still play. So even if they had the licences, the pickings are slim. There are a bunch of good Stern tables out there, that could be rendered in TPA, which I'll be happy to pay for, if they could just get built. TPA tables run great on my hardware, while Zen Studio Pinball FX3 runs very kludgy. So I'm waiting patiently.....

Members online

Members online