When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
..also said later in the stream that its a licensed table, and that the physical table hasn't been built yet [but presumably will be soon].

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
So it will be the boutique (re-skin) Elvira Stern game scheduled for October?

That's a really good guess -- licensing probably not a problem since it's a new Stern, and also Farsight has already done two other Elvira tables.

Oh man, I had honestly given up on Farsight/SPA. Hopefully this is the beginning of something good...

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
That would actually be pretty awesome, depending on what Elvira 3 is. If it's an original machine or a reskin of a classic Stern like Seawitch, great. If it's just another Whoa Nellie skin, not so great. Do we actually know anything for sure about what E3's pf layout is going to be?

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
That would actually be pretty awesome, depending on what Elvira 3 is. If it's an original machine or a reskin of a classic Stern like Seawitch, great. If it's just another Whoa Nellie skin, not so great. Do we actually know anything for sure about what E3's pf layout is going to be?

My understanding is that there was a single "Pro" E3 ruleset done quite some time ago by a person who is now working over at Deeproot Pinball. It would seem that the Whoa Nellie layout and form factor (and being currently in production) would offer the best "plug in play" of the updated "young" Elvira graphic and dialog packaging that was recently completed. But until Stern does an official announcement (or Cassandra leaks a photo or two) we'll just have to speculate.

How difficult and time consuming is it for Stern to get an old table platform up and in production?

Also, if we consider that Farsight hasn't released any information regarding SPIKE 2 and LCD DMD emulation, it may be safe to bet that this table will not be on a newer Stern platform.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Wait, so the new Elvira isn’t new at all in terms of layout? If it is just another reskin of Nellie, that’s super lame. And if that is indeed what FarSight puts out as a ‘new’ table, that’s even more lame. Why not put out Primus and Pabst while they’re at it and call it 3 new tables? Really hope this isn’t the case because that would mean FarSight is simply throwing in the towel and not even bothering to give people what they want, which is popular modern Stern or old Gotlieb and Stern Electronics.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Even though licensed Whoa Nellie reskins may make business sense for Stern as physical tables, it seems questionable to me that even FarSight would release a WNBJM reskin as a "new" table for full price. I think a move like that would see the bulk of their remaining devotees giving up on them. So I'd like to believe that either E3 isn't WNBJM, OR the new TPA table isn't E3.

All that being said, I suppose if Stern told FarSight that a Whoa Nellie reskin is what they want done, they wouldn't have much choice. And considering how little Stern thinks of digitial pinball, well, it is concerning.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Pretty disappointed we haven’t seen some classic Gottlieb EMs or some old school Stern pins. Please please please Seawitch, Catacomb, Galaxy, Meteor, etc.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Honestly, I don't care what tables they release, just bring it, got my money right here. I would prefer that it not be a fake table though, like that Dr. Who Master of Time table. I mean, I have everything Farsight has made available for TPA (including the now delisted Bally/Williams tables) and out of those 100 tables, that one Dr. Who feels like a pox in the collection. It just mars the 100 table landmark in my opinion. Still, I don't plan to stop buying everything they release for TPA any time soon. I'm by no means any kind of champion pinballer, but I do so love to play the tables.

PSN had that Playstation Journey for 2018 (was gonna provide a link, but it's not active anymore) and TPA was my most played game that year by like 25 hours over any other game. To say that TPA is my most prized (and played) game on my PS4 is an understatement.

I was kind of hoping for a quicker response on the remaining sound issues still in the PS4 version of TPA, but they seem to have gone totally silent in the latest patch thread. sigh....

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
..also said later in the stream that its a licensed table, and that the physical table hasn't been built yet [but presumably will be soon].
So if the physical table has not even been built yet, it's reasonable to question when we could expect this mystery table to even be released.

If this is a yet to be released Stern table, then that might suggest we would see it within the next six months maybe.

If this table is not from Stern and they've negotiated rights to a boutique manufacturer then your guess is as good as mine when the table might be released.

If Farsight is betting the house on this one table to revitalize the platform it better be an absolutely incredible table.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Elvira 3? They probably still have years left on the elvira licence they signed. Zen cant touch anything farsight has contracts for till those expire...

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
This all makes me wonder if the TPA/Stern app had anything to do with losing the Williams license. Did it contribute to it, or was it in response to them knowing they'd lose it? I still want to support TPA as I'm unimpressed with Zen, but for TPA to sit on their hands and not fix the niggling issues that exist on iOS/mobile just with the menu system doesn't give me a ton of hope.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This all makes me wonder if the TPA/Stern app had anything to do with losing the Williams license. Did it contribute to it, or was it in response to them knowing they'd lose it? I still want to support TPA as I'm unimpressed with Zen, but for TPA to sit on their hands and not fix the niggling issues that exist on iOS/mobile just with the menu system doesn't give me a ton of hope.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

It didn’t in terms of FarSight knowing anything. They were very surprised by the loss of the license, something we deduced and then confirmed was in the works a solid year prior, possibly two. Scientific Games approached Zen and never let on to FarSight. These past 11 months have been FarSight reacting to the situation.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
These past 11 months have been FarSight reacting to the situation.

In other words - they got they rug pulled out from under them, and chances are because they had a 12-month roadmap already in place for 2018/19, they had to scramble to fix things re: not being able to sell stuff (that was unfair on the part of Zen/Scientific, I feel - the whole "we've got to stop selling this" thing happened far too quickly, got rushed, and messed things up; almost as if Scientific wanted Farsight to look even worse in the consumer's eyes, for whatever reasons - shady, in my mind).

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
In other words - they got they rug pulled out from under them, and chances are because they had a 12-month roadmap already in place for 2018/19, they had to scramble to fix things re: not being able to sell stuff (that was unfair on the part of Zen/Scientific, I feel - the whole "we've got to stop selling this" thing happened far too quickly, got rushed, and messed things up; almost as if Scientific wanted Farsight to look even worse in the consumer's eyes, for whatever reasons - shady, in my mind).

Actually, it was the TPA Nintendo Switch release that caused some of the major issues for Farsight in regard to the Bally/Williams license transition. Though the Arcooda thing also didn't help. If you look through the whole history of TPA, Farsight has been their own worst enemy, and I'm sure if you decide to dig around through here and other boards you will come across some very interesting nuggets from various "insiders" that has made many of us wonder how Farsight has lasted this long.

I still hope the best for them though and wish they would put some effort into some EM Gottlieb table releases.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online