When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Clearly this 'female hair' hint is for this...

images

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
By "unreleased", do they mean original? I'm not a fan of those, especially when they just put a new skin on an existing table.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Well, if there's female hair, I'm in! I actually haven't purchased a table for quite some time. I'd like to see one that really interests me. AC/DC is close.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
By "unreleased", do they mean original? I'm not a fan of those, especially when they just put a new skin on an existing table.

I believe the actual way it was phrased was "The table hasn't been physically built yet, but will be soon." And now that Elvira 3 has been confirmed as one of the next Stern releases, it is probably a safe bet to guess that the next Farsight table is Elvira 3. Plus, with all the recent Elvira hints in the Twitch stream and the recent Jay, Brian and George photo... well it does seem likely that E3 is next.

The only thing I am wondering about is if it will be a new from the ground up design or a mod/re-skin of an existing table. I'm leaning toward re-skin based on what I have seen/heard, but you never know...

Last edited:

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I believe the actual way it was phrased was "The table hasn't been physically built yet, but will be soon." And now that Elvira 3 has been confirmed as the next Stern release, it is probably a safe bet to guess that the next Farsight table is Elvira 3. Plus, with all the recent Elvira hints in the Twitch stream and the recent Jay, Brian and George photo... well it does seem likely that E3 is next.

The only thing I am wondering about is if it will be a new from the ground up design or a mod/re-skin of an existing table. I'm leaning toward re-skin based on what I have seen/heard, but you never know...
As much as I love the classic tables, I feel like putting out recent releases is a great idea, and a good way to retain interest in the app. It's a great selling point to be able to say the tables you're releasing are new and have modern rule sets, effects, and challenges.

Having seen the difference in the cosmetics of Medieval Madness between Zen and TPA, I hope TPA steps up their game a bit. The lighting and realism on the zen tables is pretty great.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
The SPA tables have been of generally very high quality - I have high hopes for this. However, a pace of one new table per year is not going to keep their pinball franchise alive. Hopefully there is more in the pipeline.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
After almost 6 years of monthly releases to pinball arcade, we decided to slow down to work on other projects. At the same time, Bally and Williams decided to switch developers. We will still be releasing some top notch tables in the future.*:)*Stay tuned!

This was recently posted on their FB. Sounds like they may have multiple table releases planned. Just gotta hope it's true.

Gorgias32 said:
The SPA tables have been of generally very high quality

True, but they didn't even bother adding the last two tables to SPA. TPA will still need an overhaul if we want that level of quality again.

Kolchak357 said:
Still hoping they find a way to bring us Alvin G's Mystery Castle. I've never seen one in real life, and it would be a real treat.

It would be great to finally have the complete set of standard Alvin G. pins.

I mean, I can't imagine they're ever going to do the head-to-head games or Punchy the Clown.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It would be great to finally have the complete set of standard Alvin G. pins.

I mean, I can't imagine they're ever going to do the head-to-head games or Punchy the Clown.

They had every intention of doing Alvin G soccer. It sits in their conference room, it’s why they were trying to get head to head off the ground.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
They had every intention of doing Alvin G soccer. It sits in their conference room, it’s why they were trying to get head to head off the ground.

Well, here's hoping that project gets revisited at some point, then.

Do they have a Mystery Castle?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Not that I saw. I believe the Pistol Poker and World Tour tables were made by visiting the Museum of Pinball in Banning or having them on loan from there. I don't recall seeing a Mystery Castle at the Museum.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I wonder what it is???
Hey Matt, I remember an interview you had with Blahcade last November. You stated that you were working a 3 new tables. Does this one count as one of the 3? Or is this a forth one?

Edit: Oops, if was Mike. I get you two confused.

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I remember in one Twitch stream that Mike Lindsley said they had a chance to pick up a Mystery Castle table but it was in very bad shape so they passed on it, and in another stream someone asked Mike if they were going to bring out single table releases and he said that they would only be doing packs so not sure if something changed since that time or if they would just release this single table they keep referring to. Kind of sad if Stern only brings out a reskin of Whoa Nellie! for Elvira 3 if that is true, one of the top Bally/Williams' tables like Scared Stiff and Elvira and the Party Monsters and this is the best they come up with????

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

It's a pretty rare machine. Guessing they don't have one. I'm sure they could find one, but it might take some looking.
Just one of those low production pins with a cool theme that I'd like to see added at some point if possible.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I think TPA should be grateful we're having a conversation about them. They did some nice tweaks to some tables, and they've had a few contests, but outside of that, no PR.. no excitement build... Last I checked, their Twitter was nothing but announcements of live streams or something. I'm fine with fewer tables being released, but not even promoting other work is a big mistake.

A few tables are playing noticably different/better. I don't know if it's a physics tweak or something else, but I've really enjoyed them.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
...maybe when they said a girls hair and has not been put out in real life pinball yet they were talking about a version of Magic Girl that actually works ha

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.