Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    Pro physics and difficulty require Grade 4 (at least on Android). We can unlock a Pro Challenge at Grade 3, does that incorporate either feature or is it simply a higher score target?
    I'm pretty sure Pro Physics and Pro Difficulty (aka "Tournament Mode") are the settings used in Android League Play. Table rake is noticeably steeper and things like random awards are no longer random - such as Stroke Of Luck in AFM always awarding 50,000,000, or the random award in HS2 always following the same progression (5M->revs->Freeway->Video Mode->Multiball).
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Macbook Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    That explains it! My laptop is too old to run fx3, and last I checked it wasn't Mac compatible, so I've been checking the mobile version. Thanks for clearing that up!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Pinball FX3 is not Mac compatible, but luckily for us, they are releasing the new tables (tables not being released on FX2 anymore) including Williams on Zen Pinball 2. I play it there (2015 13" Macbook Pro) and it works well. It does have notable shortcomings compared to Pinball FX3 (taken from my post on the official Zen forum); the most obvious being that you can't save in the middle of a game, there are no online leaderboards so you have no community to compare your scores to (I would love to take part in some of the facebook community weekly tournaments), you don't have tournament physics mode for the Williams tables and there is no portrait and /or cabinet mode. I don't care for all the FX3 gimmicky stuff (Powerups etc), but that is also missing.

At least I can play the new tables and I'm grateful for the opportunity to play the Williams tables without having to buy a new PC or console and importantly for me, for the Williams tables you have both the zen physics and the classic arcade physics (real/simulation physics) and with the option to play with the graphical enhancements. The physics and thus gameplay, as far as I can tell, is on par with the FX3 physics (both standard and arcade physics) based on gameplay videos that I have watched, so that is probably the most important aspect and I'm very grateful for that.

My Devices
    iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still hoping they find a way to bring us Alvin G's Mystery Castle. I've never seen one in real life, and it would be a real treat.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too would like some more alvin g's they are all very rare. Also thank you for breaking up the giant conversation about zen in this farsight topic... i get that zen is releasing things so its exciting but shut up about zen all over the farsight topics lol.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't catch much of the last stream but they mentioned their next table is unreleased and the artist (farshight) was working on a females hair on the table.

6.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #81
    FarSight Employee FarSight_Matt's Avatar
    My Devices
    Pixel, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomorestalker View Post
    Didn't catch much of the last stream but they mentioned their next table is unreleased and the artist (farshight) was working on a females hair on the table.
    I wonder what it is???

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's really only one possibility - Diamond Lady

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FarSight_Matt Elvira 3.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Clearly this 'female hair' hint is for this...

I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By "unreleased", do they mean original? I'm not a fan of those, especially when they just put a new skin on an existing table.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4383

Unreleased and with female hair on the table.

My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if there's female hair, I'm in! I actually haven't purchased a table for quite some time. I'd like to see one that really interests me. AC/DC is close.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    By "unreleased", do they mean original? I'm not a fan of those, especially when they just put a new skin on an existing table.

I believe the actual way it was phrased was "The table hasn't been physically built yet, but will be soon." And now that Elvira 3 has been confirmed as one of the next Stern releases, it is probably a safe bet to guess that the next Farsight table is Elvira 3. Plus, with all the recent Elvira hints in the Twitch stream and the recent Jay, Brian and George photo... well it does seem likely that E3 is next.

The only thing I am wondering about is if it will be a new from the ground up design or a mod/re-skin of an existing table. I'm leaning toward re-skin based on what I have seen/heard, but you never know...
    Last edited by trash80; 03-21-2019 at 06:13 AM.

My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    I believe the actual way it was phrased was "The table hasn't been physically built yet, but will be soon." And now that Elvira 3 has been confirmed as the next Stern release, it is probably a safe bet to guess that the next Farsight table is Elvira 3. Plus, with all the recent Elvira hints in the Twitch stream and the recent Jay, Brian and George photo... well it does seem likely that E3 is next.

The only thing I am wondering about is if it will be a new from the ground up design or a mod/re-skin of an existing table. I'm leaning toward re-skin based on what I have seen/heard, but you never know...
    As much as I love the classic tables, I feel like putting out recent releases is a great idea, and a good way to retain interest in the app. It's a great selling point to be able to say the tables you're releasing are new and have modern rule sets, effects, and challenges.

Having seen the difference in the cosmetics of Medieval Madness between Zen and TPA, I hope TPA steps up their game a bit. The lighting and realism on the zen tables is pretty great.

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SPA tables have been of generally very high quality - I have high hopes for this. However, a pace of one new table per year is not going to keep their pinball franchise alive. Hopefully there is more in the pipeline.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After almost 6 years of monthly releases to pinball arcade, we decided to slow down to work on other projects. At the same time, Bally and Williams decided to switch developers. We will still be releasing some top notch tables in the future.*:-)*Stay tuned!
    This was recently posted on their FB. Sounds like they may have multiple table releases planned. Just gotta hope it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgias32
    The SPA tables have been of generally very high quality
    True, but they didn't even bother adding the last two tables to SPA. TPA will still need an overhaul if we want that level of quality again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolchak357
    Still hoping they find a way to bring us Alvin G's Mystery Castle. I've never seen one in real life, and it would be a real treat.
    It would be great to finally have the complete set of standard Alvin G. pins.

I mean, I can't imagine they're ever going to do the head-to-head games or Punchy the Clown.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

It would be great to finally have the complete set of standard Alvin G. pins.

I mean, I can't imagine they're ever going to do the head-to-head games or Punchy the Clown.
    They had every intention of doing Alvin G soccer. It sits in their conference room, it’s why they were trying to get head to head off the ground.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    They had every intention of doing Alvin G soccer. It sits in their conference room, it’s why they were trying to get head to head off the ground.
    Well, here's hoping that project gets revisited at some point, then.

Do they have a Mystery Castle?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not that I saw. I believe the Pistol Poker and World Tour tables were made by visiting the Museum of Pinball in Banning or having them on loan from there. I don't recall seeing a Mystery Castle at the Museum.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FarSight_Matt View Post
    I wonder what it is???
    Hey Matt, I remember an interview you had with Blahcade last November. You stated that you were working a 3 new tables. Does this one count as one of the 3? Or is this a forth one?

Edit: Oops, if was Mike. I get you two confused.
    Last edited by shogun00; 03-20-2019 at 07:25 PM.

My Devices
    Android and Steam
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember in one Twitch stream that Mike Lindsley said they had a chance to pick up a Mystery Castle table but it was in very bad shape so they passed on it, and in another stream someone asked Mike if they were going to bring out single table releases and he said that they would only be doing packs so not sure if something changed since that time or if they would just release this single table they keep referring to. Kind of sad if Stern only brings out a reskin of Whoa Nellie! for Elvira 3 if that is true, one of the top Bally/Williams' tables like Scared Stiff and Elvira and the Party Monsters and this is the best they come up with????
    Last edited by Blkthorne; 03-20-2019 at 04:47 PM.

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4383

Unreleased and with female hair on the table.
    Citizen , sounds and looks good to me , I`d be happy .

My Devices
    iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a pretty rare machine. Guessing they don't have one. I'm sure they could find one, but it might take some looking.
    Just one of those low production pins with a cool theme that I'd like to see added at some point if possible.

My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think TPA should be grateful we're having a conversation about them. They did some nice tweaks to some tables, and they've had a few contests, but outside of that, no PR.. no excitement build... Last I checked, their Twitter was nothing but announcements of live streams or something. I'm fine with fewer tables being released, but not even promoting other work is a big mistake.

A few tables are playing noticably different/better. I don't know if it's a physics tweak or something else, but I've really enjoyed them.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...maybe when they said a girls hair and has not been put out in real life pinball yet they were talking about a version of Magic Girl that actually works ha

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast