Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

My Devices
    iPhone, iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

Not sure if it will be a Stern or a Data East or something else. Can anyone share if and when we'll see another game from Farsight?

My Devices
    PS3, PS4 Pro, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been wondering the same thing. Could maybe be a Gottlieb too.

My Devices
    Android and Steam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, before Farsight lost the Bally/Williams' license they were saying 5-6 tables a year, but since that time I've only heard Mike Lindsley say on some Twitch streams that they got some current Stern tables to play on and then someone asked if they would do future releases as one offs or in packs and Mike said they would be in packs going forward.

I have been personally hoping to seeing more Gottlieb EM's(Abra Ca Dabra, World Fair, Royal Flush and Cross Town), Stern Electronic's tables(Quicksilver, Seawitch, Star Gazer, Catacomb and Nine Ball), Gottlieb classic tables(Joker Poker, Spirit, Robo-War, Alien Star and Count-Down), and the few Data East unlicensed tables(Time Machine and Laser War), plus the last Alvin G. & Co. table(Mystery Castle).
    Last edited by Blkthorne; 01-21-2019 at 08:29 AM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If after everything that went down and the almost complete silence from the farsight camp if they released a couple gottliebs that would be a giant letdown. I'm curious what their plans are for 2019 forward.

My Devices
    iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Licensing can take time, if they are working on some modern Stern pins. But yeah, we haven’t heard a peep in quite a while.

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another license that’s sitting out there untapped is Capcom. (“Big Bang Bar, et al.)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: 迭evenge From Mars, 的ndiana Jones, 擢unhouse

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vfpcoder View Post
    Another license that痴 sitting out there untapped is Capcom. (釘ig Bang Bar, et al.)
    Capcom pinball table IP digital reproduction rights may be in license limbo. Does anyone have a definitive official answer to who actually controls these properties?

From what I know:

1999/2000 IPC licenses all pinball table IP from Capcom with a deal for a duration of 4 years
    2004 to 2007 IPC manufactures Big Bang Bar tables without license and Capcom doesn't pursue any legal recourse
    2013 IPC files for bankruptcy
    2014 Planetary Pinball purchase much of what remained (which wasn't much) of IPC in bankruptcy auction

Farsight had a couple Capcom tables in "beta" at different times in the past, and the "official" statement addressing the lack of full release was "emulation issues." Has there been any development since?

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point, would it hurt FarSight if they just said, "we're not going to be developing any more new content for TPA"? Because that's frankly what it feels like right now. Possibly they're worried it would impact sales somehow, but at this point if there aren't any new tables coming, they could just move into support mode and get what sales they can on what remains. I don't feel like someone coming in to the platform fresh would be dissuaded from buying tables just because it's a locked down set of content, as long as it's reasonably supported (updated to continue working on new OS versions, etc.) and the servers keep working. Maybe they have already done this internally and just don't want to announce anything publicly.

I would absolutely LOVE to see some more older Stern and Gottleib EMs, as well as Surf N Safari, Alien Star, Seawitch, etc. There are still really compelling 70s and 80s tables to be done, not to mention more newer Sterns. I would continue to buy what they put out. I still play TPA multiple times per week, there are so many great, well implemented tables in it. And it's going to take YEARS for Zen to catch up on content.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgias32 View Post

I would absolutely LOVE to see some more older Stern and Gottleib EMs, as well as Surf N Safari, Alien Star, Seawitch, etc. There are still really compelling 70s and 80s tables to be done, not to mention more newer Sterns. I would continue to buy what they put out. I still play TPA multiple times per week, there are so many great, well implemented tables in it. And it's going to take YEARS for Zen to catch up on content.
    I actually don't believe the list of newer Sterns FarSight will do (considering cost and licensing) is all that large. Realistically I believe it looks something like this:

- Wheel of Fortune
    - CSI
    - Transformers
    - Striker Xtreme
    - Sharkey's Shootout
    - NASCAR
    - World Poker Tour
    - Shrek
    - Wrestlemania

If you want to read the post where I break it all down, it's the 3rd post down and you can check it out here http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/sh...-Retrospective
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah ... But like the previous poster stated there are still *lots* of Gottleib EMs out there that need digital repros ... including one of my favorites: “Spirit of ‘76”. I would *really* like to see a Gottlieb EM Volume II package ... like NEXT WEEK!!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: 迭evenge From Mars, 的ndiana Jones, 擢unhouse

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vfpcoder View Post
    Yeah ... But like the previous poster stated there are still *lots* of Gottleib EMs out there that need digital repros ... including one of my favorites: 鉄pirit of 76. I would *really* like to see a Gottlieb EM Volume II package ... like NEXT WEEK!!
    Farsight management has gone on record that while Gottlieb EM tables are something they would like to do more of, they have also stated that they do not have the in-house capability to maintain EM tables to the level required for digital reproduction. I know they have made at least one trip in the last year or so to the Banning museum for information and photo gathering, but I'm a little concerned that the tables may not be tuned properly if they are built solely from video and "what I remember." I suppose time will tell.

Also, last week Universal Music (via Bravado) purchased EPIC which was a huge license management company (Elvis, Ali, AC/DC, KISS and many more). Not sure how/if this will impact Farsight, but it may make certain licenses both easier to gain consideration and also more expensive.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4 Pro, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANY new tables would be welcome in my book, even if they aren't the most popular. But yeah, I would really like more old EM tables.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayder View Post
    ANY new tables would be welcome in my book, even if they aren't the most popular. But yeah, I would really like more old EM tables.
    This. They release something, I'll buy it. Stern, classic Stern, DE, Sega, Gottlieb EM, classic Gottlieb SS, Mylstar, Premier, Alvin G., whatever.

Not holding my breath though. They've been rolling out BBH and WNBJM for 4 months now and still don't have them on every major system, after like 2 years of development. If they did start some new Sterns last year, it could be a while.

And frankly at this point I'd rather see Capcom stay in limbo for a few more years and then get picked up by Zen, rather than see FarSight get them.

My Devices
    Xbone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the same, until I wasted $10 on Mustang. Juicy Melons & Big Buck would be $15 down the drain. They don't have replay appeal to me.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    This. They release something, I'll buy it. Stern, classic Stern, DE, Sega, Gottlieb EM, classic Gottlieb SS, Mylstar, Premier, Alvin G., whatever.

Not holding my breath though. They've been rolling out BBH and WNBJM for 4 months now and still don't have them on every major system, after like 2 years of development. If they did start some new Sterns last year, it could be a while.

And frankly at this point I'd rather see Capcom stay in limbo for a few more years and then get picked up by Zen, rather than see FarSight get them.
    You have a noble idea about Capcom-but I don't want this to happen. It would all but end any chance of getting Big Bang Bar. For Zen's censors, cigars would seem quaint compared to the stuff that goes on in BBB. Censorship would reduce it to near nothing.
    After User, the same five patterns repeat.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post
    You have a noble idea about Capcom-but I don't want this to happen. It would all but end any chance of getting Big Bang Bar. For Zen's censors, cigars would seem quaint compared to the stuff that goes on in BBB. Censorship would reduce it to near nothing.
    Outside the dancing alien girl, I don稚 think there痴 anything all that 創aughty that isn稚 in Medieval Madness or Xenon. I just played it again 2 weeks ago, but correct me if I知 wrong.

My Devices
    Playstation Vita, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, IPad Air 2, Nintendo Switch.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During Mikes Lindsey’s Thursday Pinball showoff, I saw Matt right down Game Of Thrones as one of the tables. Don’t go crazy yet, but he mentioned in April, so we just have to wait and see. I’ll take Game Of Thrones, Walking Dead, and Metallica as are next Stern Games anytime, I will be happy with those for Monthes, until they figure out the LCD games like Batman 66, and The Munsters LE.
    Last edited by David Pannozzo; 01-26-2019 at 12:14 PM.

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matallica isn't very likely, since Stern's license expired last month.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously? Metallica is off the table now?! Ive been hoping they would come out of nowhere with that and surprize us all. Looks like they have rolled over and died. did they really say they couldnt maintain an EM well enough to do any more... that is just crap. At least they gave us beer pong for 8 year olds on switch. Just kidding that game sucks

My Devices
    iPad (TPA) & Android (Zen Williams)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Matallica isn't very likely, since Stern's license expired last month.
    @shogun00 - So Farsight have now lost the Stern licence that they were using to produce SPA titles?!

SPA has been such a disappointment
    Remember all that talk of joint/dual development and in tandem releases with new Stern tables........Seems a lonnnnnng lonnnnnng time ago now....

My Devices
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOW View Post
    @shogun00 - So Farsight have now lost the Stern licence that they were using to produce SPA titles?!

SPA has been such a disappointment
    Remember all that talk of joint/dual development and in tandem releases with new Stern tables........Seems a lonnnnnng lonnnnnng time ago now....
    No, Stern no longer has a license to make more Metallica machines. That痴 not to say they couldn稚 sign another at some point and do a vault edition.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    No, Stern no longer has a license to make more Metallica machines. That’s not to say they couldn’t sign another at some point and do a vault edition.
    Thanks Chris

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am starved for some pinball news of any kind. Maybe it's because it's freezing outside but I need something new to perk up the winter haha

My Devices
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Nomorestalker if you have Android why not sign up as a Zen Williams beta tester:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing...illiamspinball

Then join us over at the below where we try and work out the odd Zen Coin, Tickets, Parts upgrade system
    http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/sh...=williams+beta

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @HOW, Can't play it on a phone after playing it in a cab for 6 years haha.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast