When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
There's a certain code to the way FarSight speaks that once you know, it becomes amusing. They'll say things like "yes we can", "we're looking into that", "we'd love to do that", "it's possible", and "things are in the works". None of it of course is committal.

Yes. And then when they stop talking completely, you know you're at absolute 0% chance of whatever it is ever happening.

Mar 9, 2012
We used to grill FarSight about the tables not being difficult enough, that they were not designed for people to play one game for 45 minutes or longer, and that there really should be a difficulty adjust button. They teased for years that it was on the to-do list, but finally came out and said they didn't want to scare off the average player who just wanted to come in for a good time. We the hardcore would just have to take a backseat to the masses.

I started to play arcade machines because the quarter lasted longer..

chany60126

May 25, 2018
Such a shame that Farsight is focusing their efforts on shovelware such as Party Arcade that's been done a million times to death. There is still a very large fanbase clamoring to purchase new tables on Pinball Arcade.

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
There is still a very large fanbase clamoring to purchase new tables on Pinball Arcade.

I get the impression, due to Farsight's lack of progress over the past 3 years, people are more clamoring for ZEN to keep taking emulated tables to the next level. If Farsight is going to make any more pinball on their dated TPA game, they need to be significantly less expensive than FX3. If they can't, they might as well take the opportunity to completely revamp their game, approach, and UI, and start from scratch. Just my opinion though.

chany60126

May 25, 2018
I get the impression, due to Farsight's lack of progress over the past 3 years, people are more clamoring for ZEN to keep taking emulated tables to the next level. If Farsight is going to make any more pinball on their dated TPA game, they need to be significantly less expensive than FX3. If they can't, they might as well take the opportunity to completely revamp their game, approach, and UI, and start from scratch. Just my opinion though.

I totally agree that they need to revamp their game engine. They should look for a way to incorporate videos for the newer Stern tables like Iron Maiden and Munsters. But based on their inactivity in the past year or so, I wouldn't expect that to happen. It seems like Farsight lost a lot of their passion for TPA ever since Norm left the company.

I prefer TPA over Zen, but I can see how others might prefer Pinball Fx3. The physics are noticeably different. TPA feels more arcadey while Pinball FX3 has a more realistic feel to it. I wish Zen wouldn't limit themselves to just DMD tables. There are so many classic tables in the Bally/Williams library they would be overlooking.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I totally agree that they need to revamp their game engine. They should look for a way to incorporate videos for the newer Stern tables like Iron Maiden and Munsters. But based on their inactivity in the past year or so, I wouldn't expect that to happen. It seems like Farsight lost a lot of their passion for TPA ever since Norm left the company.

I prefer TPA over Zen, but I can see how others might prefer Pinball Fx3. The physics are noticeably different. TPA feels more arcadey while Pinball FX3 has a more realistic feel to it. I wish Zen wouldn't limit themselves to just DMD tables. There are so many classic tables in the Bally/Williams library they would be overlooking.
Given the effort they've put into added effects, I wonder how far back they would even go. It seems like there are a lot of great tables that wouldn't lend themselves to special effects.

I've noticed TPA is getting much more ad heavy when it comes to playing tables you don't own. I don't mind them if I can play a few for free, but it feels like there are just more ads worked in.

If they do another table, I hope it's a good one. I have no interest in any of the recent choices. Big Buck Hunter is nice enough, but I don't want a hunting theme.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

chany60126

May 25, 2018
Given the effort they've put into added effects, I wonder how far back they would even go. It seems like there are a lot of great tables that wouldn't lend themselves to special effects.

They don't have to go too far back. I'm just thinking of certain tables like Bride of Pinbot, Taxi and Bad Cats. Imagine all of the neat animations they could do with those?

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
They don't have to go too far back. I'm just thinking of certain tables like Bride of Pinbot, Taxi and Bad Cats. Imagine all of the neat animations they could do with those?
Bride of Pinbot is an excellent choice.

I was just never a huge fan of Taxi. I liked the theme but the game felt repetitive. They could do some fun stuff with it though.

I only recently saw the layout for Bad Cats and tried a virtual pin. Seems interesting.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Just a feeling I've had not really based on anything concrete but I personally think they will do the system 11s but probably won't go back further than that.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Can we please not insult game employees and not label forum members? Thanks, the forum will be much better for it.

pedersonsx

Apr 17, 2015
Still complaining about TPA. A great ground breaking game that could never live up to Your needs. Now Zen is the target. Pinball Pandemonium

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
Still complaining about TPA. A great ground breaking game that could never live up to Your needs. Now Zen is the target. Pinball Pandemonium

I don't see Zen being targeted, other than people worrying they'll over extend themselves.

Farsight had the ticket to gold in their hands, and they just sat on it instead of growing. They broke ground in licensed emulation, for sure, but they dug a shallow grave rather than a foundation.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Personally, (and I say this a lot) TPA is my most cherished app on my PS4. And I am saddened that we may never see any more tables, or very few, released in the future. I do wish they would fix up some of the sound issues that still remain though. Tom Devaney was very vocal and was patching up the PS4 version for a few months, then he went completely silent. What happened?

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
3rd October for the physical Elvira table, so could well be then that the (assumed to be Elvira) TPA table gets released as well. Still a question if that will be the only table, doesn't seem to have been any information from Farsight in over a month.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Facebook post from TPA "We are planning on releasing new content. We hope to make an official announcement soon." That was made on 10th July, so "soon" has a flexible definition.

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
It's been 11 months since Farsight has added new content (Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter). Why so long? I'm interested in what is this new content and what exactly is "soon". We'll see...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.