Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 257

  Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

  1. #226
    Senior Pigeon Kolchak357's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kutztown, PA
    Posts
    7,927
    My Devices
    iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A huge update to Ghostbusters has been released from Stern. Would be fantastic if Farsight would support this and update the TPA version as well. But I'm going to assume that isn't going to happen. Look like some great changes.

    Tweaked modes and new modes, including Are You a God wizard mode
    The lower skill shot now remains lit if you get the upper skill shot
    Easier to start modes and finish modes
    Easier to get to Storage Facility Multiball
    Loopin’ Supers and PKE are now “isolated” – they won’t start if you’re in a mode
    Left captive ball area rules revamped
    New callouts, new animations, new music, lots of polish
    Much much more!

  2. #227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Posts
    553
    My Devices
    PS3, PS Vita, PS4, Wii U, (n)3DS XL, Switch, Android tablet
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And SPA please. I still play that because of the LE versions.

  3. #228
    Senior Member Pinballwiz45b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,480
    My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    29
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Top priority from Farsight Studios for the next 2 weeks:

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...A_Pro_Bowling/

  4. #229
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cumbria, UK
    Posts
    333
    My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    Top priority from Farsight Studios for the next 2 weeks:

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...A_Pro_Bowling/
    Move along now, these are not the pins you are looking for.

  5. #230
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    7,025
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    Move along now, these are not the pins you are looking for.
    FarSight PR department: "look, we made 10 pins!"
    I'm just sayin'

    official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

    subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

    buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

    play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

    follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

  6. #231
    Senior Pigeon Kolchak357's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kutztown, PA
    Posts
    7,927
    My Devices
    iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are many more bowlers than pinheads, but that is of little comfort to the poor souls that frequent these pages.

  7. #232
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    87
    My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    FarSight PR department: "look, we made 10 pins!"
    Im dead!

  8. #233
    Senior Member trash80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    229
    My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolchak357 View Post
    I'm sure there are many more bowlers than pinheads, but that is of little comfort to the poor souls that frequent these pages.
    Does Farsight have a Turkey on their hands?

    I know many (pro and league) bowlers, but I have never met one that ever wanted to play a video game rendition. While the Wii Bowling game was entertaining in a group/party setting, I have to ask myself if there is actually any market for a mouse/controller bowling game. The mobile bowling apps aren't very popular (compared to other "casual sports") and the mobile format and control scheme seems to be much better suited to the game play.

  9. #234
    Senior Member zmcvay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    308
    My Devices
    Steam, PS4, iPad
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    I know many (pro and league) bowlers, but I have never met one that ever wanted to play a video game rendition.
    Number of digital bowling games popular enough to get a movie adaption: 1 (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460811/)
    Number of movies based off a digital pinball game: 0

    I think FarSight knows where the money is.

  10. #235
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,290
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Numerous bowling games have been put out each gen for quite some time now, so presumably there is a market for them.

    I'm guessing it's also easier to work on than constantly having to strip apart pinball machines.

    And I'm guessing PBA and Brunswick paid FarSight to make this for them like Stern paid for SPA. So if the money was good enough, I'm sure they don't even care if no one plays it.
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-10-2019 at 06:13 PM.

  11. #236
    Member Scared Stiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    54
    My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolchak357 View Post
    I'm sure there are many more bowlers than pinheads, but that is of little comfort to the poor souls that frequent these pages.
    Possibly, but there are plenty of bowling games already and they are all basically the same. Meanwhile there are plenty of pinball machines left undone. Not to mention the new ones that could be made. There’s just more variety with pinball than bowling. Even the score in bowling is the same. Pinball machines are all different in scoring. And some machines can go up almost infinitely, not get capped out at 300. I mean I like bowling and all, but BORING!

  12. #237
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,290
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared Stiff View Post
    I mean I like bowling and all, but BORING!*


    Clearly someone has never experienced the pinnacle of bowling vidya perfection.

  13. #238
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    619
    My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    Top priority from Farsight Studios for the next 2 weeks:

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...A_Pro_Bowling/
    Pass! A better option for PC and PS4 is buying Yakuza 0. It has over 20 in depth (bowling is one of them) mini games along with its main game. Not to mention, it'll cost the same price as A Pro Bowling.

  14. #239
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Posts
    553
    My Devices
    PS3, PS Vita, PS4, Wii U, (n)3DS XL, Switch, Android tablet
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    I know many (pro and league) bowlers, but I have never met one that ever wanted to play a video game rendition. While the Wii Bowling game (...).
    I played bowling back in the early 80s on the Atari VCS and by today's standards, it's "Pong meets Breakout with a sprinkling of Bowling". Point is that some people just play videogame bowling casually just like they'd play some hunting, fishing or racing game.

    https://www.atariage.com/screenshot_...wareLabelID=43

  15. #240
    Senior Member trash80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    229
    My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byte View Post
    I played bowling back in the early 80s on the Atari VCS and by today's standards, it's "Pong meets Breakout with a sprinkling of Bowling". Point is that some people just play videogame bowling casually just like they'd play some hunting, fishing or racing game.

    https://www.atariage.com/screenshot_...wareLabelID=43
    Which was the point of my bringing up that mobile may be a better suited format for a game that doesn't utilize a controller that has a 'realistic' analog interface and tactile interaction. Mobile is fantastic for casual. But once you get into 'simulation' which is where this Bowling game is attempting to position itself, and since you mention Hunting (rumble, force and various light gun controllers), Fishing (rumble, force and various controllers with reels and gyro capability), and Racing (which has myriad wheel, pedal and cockpit controllers and setups)... I'll stand by my initial position that this game may be targeting a market that doesn't exist.

    And to add since we are here in a pinball forum. Many of us that prefer to play video pinball beyond casually, have purchased or built full-size interfaces that provide as near to the actual real physical experience as possible, for those times when casual suffices, there is the Zen mobile app.
    Last edited by trash80; 10-12-2019 at 09:04 AM.

  16. #241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cumbria, UK
    Posts
    333
    My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..and the simulation you missed out is Flight Simulator - Microsoft has been working on a major improvement over anything that existed before it, likely coming out next year. Its about 2 Pb (2,000,000 Gb) in size but rather than installing it you allocate a portion of a disc drive and it streams the terrain as required. Saw a youtube video about it last week and they mentioned a "home cockpit", a term I'd never heard before. (I have virtually no interest in flight simulators, messed around with one about 20 years ago and that's as far as it got).

  17. #242
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    309
    My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farsight's hints regarding their new pinball table are getting pretty elaborate.

  18. #243
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cumbria, UK
    Posts
    333
    My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yespage View Post
    Farsight's hints regarding their new pinball table are getting pretty elaborate.
    Farsight releasing a bowling game isn't a hint that the next entry in The Pinball Arcade will be The Big Lebowski.

  19. #244
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,290
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is.

  20. #245
    Senior Member Rayder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    360
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4 Pro, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wish they would release SOMETHING for TPA.....maybe even throw in a few bug fixes, like the sound issues that still exist.

  21. #246
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it a little amusing that people still think TPA will ever receive new content or updates and fixes. The game is on life support and on its way into the grave. They have not released anything new in over a year, the current table selection is very limited. Farsight have just let the game die a quiet death over time as people completely forget about it.

    Given this treatment, I expect Zen to acquire the Stern license sometime in 2020 as well.

  22. #247
    Senior Member rehtroboi40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Right....about....here!
    Posts
    1,659
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curratum View Post
    I find it a little amusing that people still think TPA will ever receive new content or updates and fixes. The game is on life support and on its way into the grave. They have not released anything new in over a year, the current table selection is very limited. Farsight have just let the game die a quiet death over time as people completely forget about it.

    Given this treatment, I expect Zen to acquire the Stern license sometime in 2020 as well.
    Welcome to Digital Pinball Fans Curratum!

    Most of the Stern/Zen talk has just been speculation so far. And I'm not sure that when Gary Stern steps aside (rumored to be within the next year), Stern will be as on board with a digital partnership. But anything can happen and Zen has proved themselves so far, just on the improvements between each iteration of PFX.

    There's also been musings suggestions that Magic Pixel take over the Gottlieb license. That's what I'd like to see happen since it seems FarSight has given up on digital pinball (and Surf N' Safari).

    I'll hold on to TPA as long as I can. I was fortunate enough to get table packs as they came out, and some of the later ones included gems like EBD, Fireball, Fathom, and Sorcerer to name a few. I'm not sure Zen will touch those!

    Too bad we never did get Alvin G.'s Mystery Castle-seemed to be more fun than Pistol Poker.
    After User, the same five patterns repeat.

  23. #248
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Lake Zurich, IL
    Posts
    16
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayder View Post
    I just wish they would release SOMETHING for TPA.....maybe even throw in a few bug fixes, like the sound issues that still exist.
    I just wish they would SAY something. Even if it's just to say "We know we said we'd fully support existing tables and release new content, but yeah we can't afford to do that anymore so we're moving on to other projects,". Yeah that would suck to hear but at least we'd have 100% total closure. Being in the dark and not knowing is the absolute worst.

  24. #249
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post
    I'll hold on to TPA as long as I can. I was fortunate enough to get table packs as they came out, and some of the later ones included gems like EBD, Fireball, Fathom, and Sorcerer to name a few. I'm not sure Zen will touch those!
    I'm not saying you should stop playing the game if you own the content, of course, but to newcomers the game is pretty much dead. I might still grab some Sterns and Gottliebs but I'm afraid they will lose the Stern rights as well, close shop etc and I will need to re-buy those tables elsewhere, in a modern engine.

    It breaks my heart that Zen won't touch those gorgeous 80s tables as well. Instead, now we're getting two tables for the previous price of three, because of licensing fees. The 80s tables like Firepower (ii), Fathom, Centaur, even further back - Paragon, would be amazing with better physics and sharper artwork, but I don't think Zen are ever going to go there.

  25. #250
    Senior Member trash80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    229
    My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curratum View Post
    I'm not saying you should stop playing the game if you own the content, of course, but to newcomers the game is pretty much dead. I might still grab some Sterns and Gottliebs but I'm afraid they will lose the Stern rights as well, close shop etc and I will need to re-buy those tables elsewhere, in a modern engine.

    It breaks my heart that Zen won't touch those gorgeous 80s tables as well. Instead, now we're getting two tables for the previous price of three, because of licensing fees. The 80s tables like Firepower (ii), Fathom, Centaur, even further back - Paragon, would be amazing with better physics and sharper artwork, but I don't think Zen are ever going to go there.
    A single player game with high scores stored locally is pretty much dead? Ok... Anyway, if you are looking for better physics and sharper artwork of these tables, there are already other choices available to you elsewhere.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •