When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

Curratum

Oct 10, 2019
I'd say even if you already own the Farsight versions, grabbing the FX3 Williams on sale is a good deal. The tables are executed to a higher standard of visual fidelity and the new physics Zen implemented for the real-world tables are quite allright.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I'd say even if you already own the Farsight versions, grabbing the FX3 Williams on sale is a good deal. The tables are executed to a higher standard of visual fidelity and the new physics Zen implemented for the real-world tables are quite allright.
That would be tempting, but what platform seems to be the best option? All of my TPA tables are on my iPad, and I'm moving away from Apple. Steam? I have a new laptop, and that seems like the best long term option in terms of long term playability. I also have an Xbox one, but I'll simply lose them whenever I get rid of that.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
That would be tempting, but what platform seems to be the best option? All of my TPA tables are on my iPad, and I'm moving away from Apple. Steam? I have a new laptop, and that seems like the best long term option in terms of long term playability. I also have an Xbox one, but I'll simply lose them whenever I get rid of that.

For a Windows PC (laptop, desktop or Pinball Cabinet), Steam is really the only solution for Pinball FX. And a Windows PC is the best platform for all the other Pinball sims available (commercial and otherwise).

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I appreciate that feedback. I just browsed Steam, and I think I'll have to wait. These just aren't tables I'm a huge fan of. In any given collection there is a table is be happy to buy on its own, but I just don't have interest in the other bundled tables. In some cases they are tables I simply dislike.

The last release was in May. Is there any info regarding upcoming table packs?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017

FX3 Williams tiers:

Steam > Console >>>>> Mobile

Jake_Ry4n

Oct 9, 2018
What would be the point of them restating something they already stated and then never followed through on? Why would that make you feel better? They already announced support. We're just still waiting to actually see it (which we won't, which is all the more reason for them not to announce it again). There are only two possible announcements we're ever going to hear from FarSight at this point regarding TPA/SPA:

1. New content (haha).
2. Further loss of licenses.

Stern is actively putting out new pinball tables. I dont believe for a second that they are happy with Farsight. How could they be?!

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Nice! I didn't buy Creature on TPA, so that's a possibility. I wish Zen offered trial play. If I could even just spend a couple minutes getting the feel of a table, that might make me more inclined to buy.
They do. For all the tables. If you are only playing on mobile, you are missing out on proper physics, control and the ability to demo each table.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
They do. For all the tables. If you are only playing on mobile, you are missing out on proper physics, control and the ability to demo each table.
They do? I looked on Steam but must have missed it. I'll look again, but all I saw were purchase options for table packs.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Just install the game over steam. you can then test every table for a short time.
I just downloaded Pinball FX3. At first glance, it appears to function similarly to the mobile apps. You get one free table to start, and I'm assuming you can still win parts to unlock other tables, but I'm just starting.

When I clicked on the new table pack, there was only a purchase option. No trial option.

Is there something I'm missing?

Edit - I finally found it. My new battle is figuring how to smooth it out. Everything looks beautiful, but the ball movement is choppy. I'm running on a new HP Envy laptop that should easily handle it. Initial support searches aren't helping yet.

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I just downloaded Pinball FX3. At first glance, it appears to function similarly to the mobile apps. You get one free table to start, and I'm assuming you can still win parts to unlock other tables, but I'm just starting.

When I clicked on the new table pack, there was only a purchase option. No trial option.

Is there something I'm missing?

Edit - I finally found it. My new battle is figuring how to smooth it out. Everything looks beautiful, but the ball movement is choppy. I'm running on a new HP Envy laptop that should easily handle it. Initial support searches aren't helping yet.

Make sure you are running it on the GPU (if you have a separate one) and not the integrated graphics. If you've got a nVidia chip in there it will be a setting in the nVidia software. When I first got my laptop the option it defaulted to was the wrong one, and a couple of others mentioned the same thing. If its not plugged it, then it may also be capping the game to 30fps.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Make sure you are running it on the GPU (if you have a separate one) and not the integrated graphics. If you've got a nVidia chip in there it will be a setting in the nVidia software. When I first got my laptop the option it defaulted to was the wrong one, and a couple of others mentioned the same thing. If its not plugged it, then it may also be capping the game to 30fps.
I read something about that. The only reference I see to a video card is Intel, but I'm going to try again.

I played the TPA free table, which played great, bug they're not trying to do as much visually.

Thanks for the tip. I hope it works!

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
I read something about that. The only reference I see to a video card is Intel, but I'm going to try again.

I played the TPA free table, which played great, bug they're not trying to do as much visually.

Thanks for the tip. I hope it works!

It depends on which HP Envy model you have, but most (except some very old models) are All-in-One APU/CPU systems that use integrated graphics. That being the case, they are not going to give you a very good experience with Pinball FX3.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
It depends on which HP Envy model you have, but most (except some very old models) are All-in-One APU/CPU systems that use integrated graphics. That being the case, they are not going to give you a very good experience with Pinball FX3.
I think that's what I'm working with.

I guess things are working out for them, but I think it would have been helpful to offer a more basic mode that would run more smoothly if you didn't have a top of the line computer.

Mine is only about 6 months old, and has run everything else flawlessly. This has been the only game to have issues.

I think I tried dropping the screen resolution and a few other options. I'll give it one more shot before I give up!

I appreciate all of the tips. You all really make this forum worthwhile.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
One other thing you can do is go to Steam menu->Settings->In-game Middle left is an option to enable in-game FPS counter At least that way you have an objective measure when you change settings.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
seems like things are just being taken away rather than put... there was an update recently and looks to be they just lost the rights to play pinball wizard on the menu it reverted back to that old menu song, so any hopes we used to have that they were gonna give us tommy are probably in the trash as well

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts