When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
..and the simulation you missed out is Flight Simulator - Microsoft has been working on a major improvement over anything that existed before it, likely coming out next year. Its about 2 Pb (2,000,000 Gb) in size but rather than installing it you allocate a portion of a disc drive and it streams the terrain as required. Saw a youtube video about it last week and they mentioned a "home cockpit", a term I'd never heard before. (I have virtually no interest in flight simulators, messed around with one about 20 years ago and that's as far as it got).

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I just wish they would release SOMETHING for TPA.....maybe even throw in a few bug fixes, like the sound issues that still exist.

Curratum

Oct 10, 2019
I find it a little amusing that people still think TPA will ever receive new content or updates and fixes. The game is on life support and on its way into the grave. They have not released anything new in over a year, the current table selection is very limited. Farsight have just let the game die a quiet death over time as people completely forget about it.

Given this treatment, I expect Zen to acquire the Stern license sometime in 2020 as well.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I find it a little amusing that people still think TPA will ever receive new content or updates and fixes. The game is on life support and on its way into the grave. They have not released anything new in over a year, the current table selection is very limited. Farsight have just let the game die a quiet death over time as people completely forget about it.

Given this treatment, I expect Zen to acquire the Stern license sometime in 2020 as well.

Welcome to Digital Pinball Fans Curratum!

Most of the Stern/Zen talk has just been speculation so far. And I'm not sure that when Gary Stern steps aside (rumored to be within the next year), Stern will be as on board with a digital partnership. But anything can happen and Zen has proved themselves so far, just on the improvements between each iteration of PFX.

There's also been musings suggestions that Magic Pixel take over the Gottlieb license. That's what I'd like to see happen since it seems FarSight has given up on digital pinball (and Surf N' Safari).

I'll hold on to TPA as long as I can. I was fortunate enough to get table packs as they came out, and some of the later ones included gems like EBD, Fireball, Fathom, and Sorcerer to name a few. I'm not sure Zen will touch those!

Too bad we never did get Alvin G.'s Mystery Castle-seemed to be more fun than Pistol Poker.

blkhwks19

Jan 13, 2018
I just wish they would release SOMETHING for TPA.....maybe even throw in a few bug fixes, like the sound issues that still exist.

I just wish they would SAY something. Even if it's just to say "We know we said we'd fully support existing tables and release new content, but yeah we can't afford to do that anymore so we're moving on to other projects,". Yeah that would suck to hear but at least we'd have 100% total closure. Being in the dark and not knowing is the absolute worst.

Curratum

Oct 10, 2019
I'll hold on to TPA as long as I can. I was fortunate enough to get table packs as they came out, and some of the later ones included gems like EBD, Fireball, Fathom, and Sorcerer to name a few. I'm not sure Zen will touch those!

I'm not saying you should stop playing the game if you own the content, of course, but to newcomers the game is pretty much dead. I might still grab some Sterns and Gottliebs but I'm afraid they will lose the Stern rights as well, close shop etc and I will need to re-buy those tables elsewhere, in a modern engine.

It breaks my heart that Zen won't touch those gorgeous 80s tables as well. Instead, now we're getting two tables for the previous price of three, because of licensing fees. The 80s tables like Firepower (ii), Fathom, Centaur, even further back - Paragon, would be amazing with better physics and sharper artwork, but I don't think Zen are ever going to go there.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
I'm not saying you should stop playing the game if you own the content, of course, but to newcomers the game is pretty much dead. I might still grab some Sterns and Gottliebs but I'm afraid they will lose the Stern rights as well, close shop etc and I will need to re-buy those tables elsewhere, in a modern engine.

It breaks my heart that Zen won't touch those gorgeous 80s tables as well. Instead, now we're getting two tables for the previous price of three, because of licensing fees. The 80s tables like Firepower (ii), Fathom, Centaur, even further back - Paragon, would be amazing with better physics and sharper artwork, but I don't think Zen are ever going to go there.

A single player game with high scores stored locally is pretty much dead? Ok... Anyway, if you are looking for better physics and sharper artwork of these tables, there are already other choices available to you elsewhere.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
I just wish they would SAY something. Even if it's just to say "We know we said we'd fully support existing tables and release new content, but yeah we can't afford to do that anymore so we're moving on to other projects,". Yeah that would suck to hear but at least we'd have 100% total closure. Being in the dark and not knowing is the absolute worst.

Farsight has already stated they are working on the PBA Bowling Game (it comes out in the next week or so) and while they did hint a few months back at a new table being worked on (Elvira 3), who knows if it will ever see the light of day. There are plenty of other tables and features that made it to alpha/beta states that never went further, and still some completely finished (and/or previously released) tables that have never been released on the current Pinball Arcade ecosystem.

Plus, people still purchase these tables and play this game (even on completely forgotten platforms (like Ouya, etc.) . Why on earth would Farsight ever say anything that may negatively impact a revenue stream.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
I one side i see why they cant say anything, but at the same time they never came and announce anything, only thing they announce is that they will support old pinballs with license gone, vaguely saying they are working on something on people posts on fb, i dont know, a real announcement on how they see the future with the pinball side would just be more welcome.

I mean, they still get revenue from pinball ( they actually made a special for Ghostbusters 50% for this Halloween , saw it in PS4 ), still think its revenue coming forward, at least , they could get out of this cold and just announce something , pinballs project are on hold but were offering support, etc, anything.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
they could get out of this cold and just announce something , pinballs project are on hold but were offering support, etc, anything.

What would be the point of them restating something they already stated and then never followed through on? Why would that make you feel better? They already announced support. We're just still waiting to actually see it (which we won't, which is all the more reason for them not to announce it again). There are only two possible announcements we're ever going to hear from FarSight at this point regarding TPA/SPA:

1. New content (haha).
2. Further loss of licenses.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

I wasn't taking it that way in the least. In a "better to be lucky than good" sort of way, I was buying TPA content from the day it was introduced-in 2012. Game programming and design has come a long way in the last 7 years. It would be so nice to have those tables you've mentioned remade for Zen, but that's not likely to happen.

It's not surprising to know there are still newcomers to TPA. In my opinion, TPA wasn't adequately marketed. The delay of support (360, PS4, WiiU/Switch) and inconsistent quality across all consoles didn't help matters either.

kleio

Oct 6, 2019
At this rate I have to wonder if they will lose the licenses to Stern and Gottlieb as well. There are still good tables from both licenses they could make, but nothing is getting made.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Got an email about a farsight twitch stream with Mike Lindsay that had already happened when I read it https://www.twitch.tv/videos/498170936

By looking at the comments and watching a minute after anyone mentioned TPA, the 2 comments are :

3.00 "technical things are happening"
43:35 they still have plans to add tables

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I was playing Champion Pub on my iPad the other day and encountered the age old bug of the ball flying off the playfield that was never fixed.

I used to look forward to my play time. Now it's just a way to kill a few minutes.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Zen does the ball fly off the table thing too it's just rare but I've seen it at least twice

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
That's really interesting! There must be some weird thing in the code that just can't be worked around.

I had contacted farsight about a table (I forget the name) that almost always awarded 3 credits at the end of the game. At the time they said it was something in the game code that they simply couldn't change. I guess not all tables translated to digital smoothly.

I haven't followed the Zen saga as of late. Are they still putting out tables? I remember a pack a few months ago, but I also just can't make myself enjoy their F2P model. I'm not going to buy tables I already own through farsight.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.