When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
Either Farsight is nursing their wounds with plans to stay the course, working their butts off to modernize their UI and gameplay to compete with Zen, or flopping around gasping for air like that fish in the Faith No More video.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Either Farsight is nursing their wounds with plans to stay the course, working their butts off to modernize their UI and gameplay to compete with Zen, or flopping around gasping for air like that fish in the Faith No More video.
You can count out the UI. They had it right in the beginning, botched the look and functionality, and never cared. I became more wary of buying tables after that. If they don't care about their presentation up front, why would they care about anything else?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Yeah when they changed the menu and added pinball wizard it did start looking pretty terrible menu wise. I think zens menu sucks pretty bad too... maybe im alone here but that lady voice constantly saying stuff ticks me off. Also the thumping techno music on zens menu is not appealing to me. You would think it would be pretty easy to make a menu that doesnt suck.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018

I don't mind TPA's general layout yet it somehow looks dated and amateurish - The typeface, kerning issues and off-centre text looks naff. The UI often interprets single clicks as double, keyboard navigation is fundamentally broken and the default escape key switches to windowed mode. A spring clean to the menus and games room would go a long way and I wouldn't imagine it's particularly resource intensive.

The holy grail would be an engine and global physics overhaul (nudge reduction / increased refresh rates / adjustments to ball behaviour), I'm not demanding cutting edge but anything which makes the ball less floaty would give these tables a new lease of life. SPA VR already feels far superior in that respect but it clearly lacks the same table range.

Still enjoy TPA/SPA VR and eager to support Farsight if they're able to secure licences and release several tables each year. Unfortunately I'm not keen on EM's though if demand is able to fund a few refinements elsewhere they'd be welcome additions.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
How do I do this? I was able to turn her off most of the way... but I still have to hear that damn "my collection" every time I enter the menu. I'm not sure why, but it really really grates on my nerves.
That's odd! I just turned off both her voice in the audio settings and the popup image in the UI/graphics settings.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
At least on Switch, turning "Guide Character" off doesn't completely silence her. She still says "main menu" and "my collection" and whatnot.

If you want to stop that, you also have to turn the "Menu Voiceover" option off.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Not that I saw. I believe the Pistol Poker and World Tour tables were made by visiting the Museum of Pinball in Banning or having them on loan from there. I don't recall seeing a Mystery Castle at the Museum.

Nah we had Pistol Poker here, I dunno if we owned it though.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Yes, a new, unlicensed table from Stern - should be right up Farsight's alley.

Unless, of course, there is some licensing intricacy related to use of the Bally/Williams "Black Knight" brand...

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Yes, a new, unlicensed table from Stern - should be right up Farsight's alley.

Unless, of course, there is some licensing intricacy related to use of the Bally/Williams "Black Knight" brand...

Stern has licensed the concept and theme from Williams... says so in all the promotional materials.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Does Zen's WMS license grant them digital exclusivity? Do we even know?

It'd suck if BK3 is doomed to never be digitized due to being a Stern machine with a WMS theme.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Does Zen's WMS license grant them digital exclusivity? Do we even know?

It'd suck if BK3 is doomed to never be digitized due to being a Stern machine with a WMS theme.

You wouldn't want to see Zen do a 3 pack of Black Knight tables?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
You wouldn't want to see Zen do a 3 pack of Black Knight tables?

Well, in a scenario where Stern switches to or cross-licenses to Zen, absolutely I'd want that.

But if that doesn't happen, then BK3 is pretty much stuck in digital limbo, isn't it?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.