Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 151 to 174 of 174

  Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

  1. #151
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    90
    My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    We used to grill FarSight about the tables not being difficult enough, that they were not designed for people to play one game for 45 minutes or longer, and that there really should be a difficulty adjust button. They teased for years that it was on the to-do list, but finally came out and said they didn't want to scare off the average player who just wanted to come in for a good time. We the hardcore would just have to take a backseat to the masses.
    By one game, do you mean one table, or one gaming session?

    I'm happy with a few plays on a table. I've had ridiculously short games where nothing bounced my way, and amazing games where it all fell into place.

    There's no way everyone will be happy. All of this discussion makes me feel bad for what the devs must have been dealing with. There was a lot of effort to pull off those 100 tables. I'm glad they did it.

    I hope it's not over for them. If it is, it wasn't a bad run.

    Side note: I feel that spreading themselves over so many platforms definitely hurt them. Instead of perfecting a few, they just did what they could across the board.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  2. #152
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    90
    My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just emailed them. Got this in response.

    We are unable to make any announcements right now. We are planning on releasing new content in the future. If you haven't already, please tune in to our weekly Twitch stream for updates and announcements.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  3. #153
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    96
    My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    Side note: I feel that spreading themselves over so many platforms definitely hurt them. Instead of perfecting a few, they just did what they could across the board.
    This is an excellent point. I believe they got up to something like 14 different storefronts and platforms supported over the life of TPA. I understand that their business model relied on the one customer, repeat purchase model, but at some point it does get to be ridiculous, which I think maybe the Kindle and Ouya versions may have been where that line was crossed.

    Plus, on the Steam side when they released the DX11 version it showcased just how many people were playing TPA on potato-grade systems, and it seems that Farsight was destined to support an aging platform base whether they wanted to or not.
    Last edited by trash80; 04-16-2019 at 01:22 PM.

  4. #154
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,088
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still waiting for TPA to release on Tandy-3000.

  5. #155
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    96
    My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    Just emailed them. Got this in response.

    We are unable to make any announcements right now. We are planning on releasing new content in the future. If you haven't already, please tune in to our weekly Twitch stream for updates and announcements.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    So they have gone from "new tables," to "new content." I'm not sure what to think about that.

  6. #156
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    96
    My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'm still waiting for TPA to release on Tandy-3000.
    I'm somewhat surprised it never featured on one those fitness trackers or the Samsung smart fridge.

  7. #157
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    6,629
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    By one game, do you mean one table, or one gaming session?
    I mean sitting down to play Ripley's, and 45 minutes later still on that same game start, just 9 extra balls later. There's a few people who documented scores that took over 8 hours to achieve. The pinball ROMs were simply not meant to handle this much data, and often the game would bug out due to the ROM failing, not TPA itself. Nobody at Williams ever thought for one moment that people would roll the score on certain DMD machines. Essentially the Donkey Kong kill screen was reached.

    In TPA I had no problem scoring a minimum of 2 billion on Creature, every single time I played. I'd then go play a real machine and not even get one multiball started to attempt the most basic of jackpot scores. I could complete 2 wizard cycles on Twilight Zone, but if I got 170 million on a machine in the wild, I'd be stoked. I find my scores with Zen match my real world prowess much more.
    I'm just sayin'

    official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

    subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

    buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

    play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

    follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

  8. #158
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    90
    My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    So they have gone from "new tables," to "new content." I'm not sure what to think about that.
    Good catch! If I had old commodore 64 I'd boot it up and look for tables.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  9. #159
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    6,629
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There's a certain code to the way FarSight speaks that once you know, it becomes amusing. They'll say things like "yes we can", "we're looking into that", "we'd love to do that", "it's possible", and "things are in the works". None of it of course is committal.
    I'm just sayin'

    official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

    subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

    buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

    play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

    follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

  10. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cumbria, UK
    Posts
    168
    My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit like https://www.lotro.com/en/content/bri...rding-sapience and all the variations of "soon".

  11. #161
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,088
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    There's a certain code to the way FarSight speaks that once you know, it becomes amusing. They'll say things like "yes we can", "we're looking into that", "we'd love to do that", "it's possible", and "things are in the works". None of it of course is committal.
    Yes. And then when they stop talking completely, you know you're at absolute 0% chance of whatever it is ever happening.

  12. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    172
    My Devices
    Andriod, PS3, PS4.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    We used to grill FarSight about the tables not being difficult enough, that they were not designed for people to play one game for 45 minutes or longer, and that there really should be a difficulty adjust button. They teased for years that it was on the to-do list, but finally came out and said they didn't want to scare off the average player who just wanted to come in for a good time. We the hardcore would just have to take a backseat to the masses.
    I started to play arcade machines because the quarter lasted longer..

  13. #163
    Junior Member chany60126's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Elmhurst, IL
    Posts
    7
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a shame that Farsight is focusing their efforts on shovelware such as Party Arcade that's been done a million times to death. There is still a very large fanbase clamoring to purchase new tables on Pinball Arcade.

  14. #164
    Senior Member msilcommand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Chino, CA
    Posts
    165
    My Devices
    PC, PS4, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chany60126 View Post
    There is still a very large fanbase clamoring to purchase new tables on Pinball Arcade.
    I get the impression, due to Farsight's lack of progress over the past 3 years, people are more clamoring for ZEN to keep taking emulated tables to the next level. If Farsight is going to make any more pinball on their dated TPA game, they need to be significantly less expensive than FX3. If they can't, they might as well take the opportunity to completely revamp their game, approach, and UI, and start from scratch. Just my opinion though.
    Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/msilcommand/
    PS4 ID: msilcommand
    Leaderboard IDs: ZAK or msilcommand

    "It's not that hard." - Jaws
    "Watch this, I´ll get him up" -Scared Stiff
    "Ahhh...the Picard maneuver" - STTNG
    "It's polka time!" - Cactus Jacks
    "Reintegration complete" - TX Sector

  15. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cumbria, UK
    Posts
    168
    My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    News from this weeks Farsight Twitch stream, there is no stream this week (or last week).

  16. #166
    Junior Member chany60126's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Elmhurst, IL
    Posts
    7
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msilcommand View Post
    I get the impression, due to Farsight's lack of progress over the past 3 years, people are more clamoring for ZEN to keep taking emulated tables to the next level. If Farsight is going to make any more pinball on their dated TPA game, they need to be significantly less expensive than FX3. If they can't, they might as well take the opportunity to completely revamp their game, approach, and UI, and start from scratch. Just my opinion though.
    I totally agree that they need to revamp their game engine. They should look for a way to incorporate videos for the newer Stern tables like Iron Maiden and Munsters. But based on their inactivity in the past year or so, I wouldn't expect that to happen. It seems like Farsight lost a lot of their passion for TPA ever since Norm left the company.

    I prefer TPA over Zen, but I can see how others might prefer Pinball Fx3. The physics are noticeably different. TPA feels more arcadey while Pinball FX3 has a more realistic feel to it. I wish Zen wouldn't limit themselves to just DMD tables. There are so many classic tables in the Bally/Williams library they would be overlooking.

  17. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    90
    My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chany60126 View Post
    I totally agree that they need to revamp their game engine. They should look for a way to incorporate videos for the newer Stern tables like Iron Maiden and Munsters. But based on their inactivity in the past year or so, I wouldn't expect that to happen. It seems like Farsight lost a lot of their passion for TPA ever since Norm left the company.

    I prefer TPA over Zen, but I can see how others might prefer Pinball Fx3. The physics are noticeably different. TPA feels more arcadey while Pinball FX3 has a more realistic feel to it. I wish Zen wouldn't limit themselves to just DMD tables. There are so many classic tables in the Bally/Williams library they would be overlooking.
    Given the effort they've put into added effects, I wonder how far back they would even go. It seems like there are a lot of great tables that wouldn't lend themselves to special effects.

    I've noticed TPA is getting much more ad heavy when it comes to playing tables you don't own. I don't mind them if I can play a few for free, but it feels like there are just more ads worked in.

    If they do another table, I hope it's a good one. I have no interest in any of the recent choices. Big Buck Hunter is nice enough, but I don't want a hunting theme.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  18. #168
    Junior Member chany60126's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Elmhurst, IL
    Posts
    7
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    Given the effort they've put into added effects, I wonder how far back they would even go. It seems like there are a lot of great tables that wouldn't lend themselves to special effects.
    They don't have to go too far back. I'm just thinking of certain tables like Bride of Pinbot, Taxi and Bad Cats. Imagine all of the neat animations they could do with those?

  19. #169
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    90
    My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chany60126 View Post
    They don't have to go too far back. I'm just thinking of certain tables like Bride of Pinbot, Taxi and Bad Cats. Imagine all of the neat animations they could do with those?
    Bride of Pinbot is an excellent choice.

    I was just never a huge fan of Taxi. I liked the theme but the game felt repetitive. They could do some fun stuff with it though.

    I only recently saw the layout for Bad Cats and tried a virtual pin. Seems interesting.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  20. #170
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,088
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a feeling I've had not really based on anything concrete but I personally think they will do the system 11s but probably won't go back further than that.

  21. #171
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,088
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shots fired.

  22. #172
    Senior Member Naildriver74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Boyle county KY
    Posts
    2,057
    My Devices
    IOS/ PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    cant wait till jay olbernolte gets his stupid ass fat white grimy politician face on another kickstarter video trying to hock us another wiz bang glitch turd. Probably too busy making beer pong dlc for switch or some type of orb related crap pile or working the kinks out of Action 52 for the anniversary release.
    Why the hate ? It’s just a game...

  23. #173
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    6,629
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can we please not insult game employees and not label forum members? Thanks, the forum will be much better for it.
    I'm just sayin'

    official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

    subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

    buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

    play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

    follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

  24. #174
    Senior Member msilcommand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Chino, CA
    Posts
    165
    My Devices
    PC, PS4, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Can we please not insult game employees and not label forum members? Thanks, the forum will be much better for it.
    I agree fully, but a spade's a spade. I'll just add to my ignore list I guess.
    Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/msilcommand/
    PS4 ID: msilcommand
    Leaderboard IDs: ZAK or msilcommand

    "It's not that hard." - Jaws
    "Watch this, I´ll get him up" -Scared Stiff
    "Ahhh...the Picard maneuver" - STTNG
    "It's polka time!" - Cactus Jacks
    "Reintegration complete" - TX Sector

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •