When will the next Pinball Arcade table be released?

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
It's also been 11 months since Zen released the Solo pack for Pinball FX3. So, it's been almost a year since the last 'new' tables from either company... at this point I'd be happy if Farsight announced a Gottlieb 2-pack.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
i am just reading this now, been looking at the forums less lately with the news slowing down... did they really post that something new is happening? i cant seem to find it on the TPA facebook, did they take it down? If some new stuff is going on with TPA that is awesome!!! Even if they couldnt get any licenced property tables there are still a ton of tables I would love to see happen. The entire Stern Electronics 1977-1982 batch of tables for example would be epic to see happen, they only gave us flight 2000 from that 20+ table line up.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just played an absolute MINT Quicksilver at BPAC in Brisbane. It's a fun game. I'd love to see more Solid State pins from this era.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
i am just reading this now, been looking at the forums less lately with the news slowing down... did they really post that something new is happening? i cant seem to find it on the TPA facebook, did they take it down? If some new stuff is going on with TPA that is awesome!!! Even if they couldnt get any licenced property tables there are still a ton of tables I would love to see happen. The entire Stern Electronics 1977-1982 batch of tables for example would be epic to see happen, they only gave us flight 2000 from that 20+ table line up.

Link to the comment I posted last week https://www.facebook.com/pinballarc...=2475806459107066&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"} - that was 10th July, so just over a month ago.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Even with all the disappointment from FarSight in the last 2 years, if they started putting out Stern Electronics and Gottlieb tables again, I'd buy. It's a real shame we didn't get more of those, especially the classic Sterns. As weird as it sounds to say when they haven't released anything for so long, FarSight is still the only chance we have at getting more classic Sterns. Even if Zen starts working with Stern as well, they won't touch those. They're too inaccessible and too old for the larger fanbase Zen targets.

Granted, it's basically just a 1% vs. a 0% chance. I don't actually really expect to see any more of them in TPA. And that's sad.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, I hate it when companies hold licenses hostage. Either do something with it or less someone else have a crack at it. My opinion is that Magic Pixel would be the perfect studio to do Stern Electronic and Gottlieb tables.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013

For the longest time I would post my wish list on Facebook for Stern Electronics tables, even asked Mike Lindsley in some of the Twitch streams if they would do any more since Flight 2000 was the only one and he said that if they asked Stern he was sure they could bring other tables out. Quicksilver, Seawitch, Catacomb, Star Gazer, Cheetah, Stingray, Nine Ball, Stars, Meteor, Big Game, Galaxy, Dracula, Magic, Hot Hand and Split Second were the ones I had on my wish list.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Yeah, I hate it when companies hold licenses hostage. Either do something with it or less someone else have a crack at it. My opinion is that Magic Pixel would be the perfect studio to do Stern Electronic and Gottlieb tables.
Yeah. I got the Zaccaria tables exactly because of their older school Gottlieb feel. I think they'd be perfect for Gottlieb's older catalog.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016

I agree - although the best to continue with SS/EMs would be Farsight. Since Zen Williams came out, I don't play DMD tables in TPA anymore, but I love going back and playing Fathom, Jacks Open, Cenaur, etc. - Farsight got to a really sweet spot by the time they hit Season 4 where the SS/EMs were just outstanding.

But Magic Pixel also has proven that they really understand EMs and SS games, I'd love to see them take over the license.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Just wondering if they care at all. I mean, ACDC got pulled like what, 2 month ago? And on Nintendo Switch, the pack containing AcDc got removed and no other pack is present to buy, so the tables that were in the pack, if you dont have them, just cannot be purchased.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
After near complete silence for a year other than tournament notifications it certainly appears that way. I know losing the license was a huge loss and they would need time to regroup but the complete silence certainly
doesn't give me any reassurance that they are commited to TPA whatsoever other than selling what packs they still are able to.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I can't imagine we'll ever see any company digitize any of the Sega Enterprises tables. It'd be cool though.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
How is it SEGA didn’t make a Sonic machine? Was it too obvious?

Especially when Sonic Spinball existed as a video game.

Honestly this is just my baseless guess but I think it comes down to three things:

1. Sega Pinball was just a little division of Sega of America that Sega of Japan probably didn't care about at all. They probably didn't have enough confidence in them to let them use any of the house IPs beyond having Sonic on the DMDs.

2. Vidya licensed pinball machines really just weren't a thing. I mean there had been a few like Defender and Space Invaders, but pinball largely didn't draw on video game licenses.

3. Gary was still in charge of Sega Pinball, and Gary being Gary, probably saw no reason to do anything other than what they had already been doing at DE, which was making tables with blockbuster film licenses.

Last edited:

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I, too, haven't checked in here for a while and was just curious on any news. It seems TPA is dying a slow death which sucks because it's been a big part of my entertainment for six or seven years.

I just wish they'd take advantage of the Gottlieb license (assuming they still have it for new tables which they may not - otherwise why do Spanish Eyes and Wild Card when all the EM enthusiasts wanted 70's Gottliebs). I understand they wouldn't sell as well as flashy 90's Bally/William's but it seems some allocation of resources could be put to that.

I wonder how much it would take to convince them. Knowing they would get some sales on EM's, how much would they need up front to be convinced to do say, Royal Flush, Spirit of 76, Atlantis, and Surf Champ? My abilities to realistically maintain actual machines are diminishing and I think I'd rather put my gameroom money towards preservations of these classics. I thought vpx might satisfy me as apparently it's an easier install these days but watching vids just showed me how many of the EM's have the rule sets implemented incorrectly. I trust Farsight to do it right.

How much do they need to do the above four tables? 25k? I'd kick in at least a 1000. I want these games done right.

Maybe still unrealistic.

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
I can tell you right now I doubt sincerely there will be any more tables in the immediate future for TPA. I asked today about the future of the tables and got told this:

"We are unsure of what the future holds for us and our licensing. We will make any official announcements as we have them."

I even said that they still had the Gottlieb licenses which meant they could do something like Mars God of War, but I haven't heard back about that.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I just wish they'd take advantage of the Gottlieb license (assuming they still have it for new tables which they may not - otherwise why do Spanish Eyes and Wild Card when all the EM enthusiasts wanted 70's Gottliebs).

I'm an EM enthusiast and always wanted a mix of 60s and 70s and a mix of Gottlieb, Bally and Williams for EMs. I was happy to get Wild Card.

So I guess not all.

(Although I do want all of the 70s Gottliebs you mentioned.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.