Williams Pinball App Discussion

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I just noticed yesterday that my high scores are no longer being saved to the table (Medieval Madness at least) itself & and displayed on the DMD...seems as though nothing is being saved to the table as far scores or accomplishments.

The scores have reverted to whatever defaults I’m assuming were there to begin with and those are not being overwritten, despite me definitely getting a high score and entering my initials.

Anybody else seeing the same? Very odd. If I’m not mistaken, this happened after purchasing the unlocked tables (iOS version).

Note that I am playing under the exact same settings that I used to before the table purchase...regular arcade play with no altered features such as Pro difficulty or Pro physics being enabled.

I did however play a “practice” game.(one hour of unlimited balls)

I’m assuming that shouldn’t affect anything...

Last edited:

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
This might be a stupid question, but is there an official explanation of what enabling Pro Difficulty does? I get Pro Physicis, but I'm really not sure what the Pro Difficulty changes.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This might be a stupid question, but is there an official explanation of what enabling Pro Difficulty does? I get Pro Physicis, but I'm really not sure what the Pro Difficulty changes.

This is where I don’t understand why Zen changed their choice of wording between FX3 and this. Pro difficulty is the same as tournament settings in FX3. So no extra balls, tougher outlanes, etc.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Unfortunately the terminology they use in mobile is very different to what they use in steam.

Pro difficulty basically means that you can select between standard game rules and tournament game rules.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
This is probably wishful thinking, but it would make sense to me to give you discount on purchasing a table based on how far you have upgraded a table. Realistically I can see that I can get a few tables to level two and then maybe also one or so to level three by playing the daily challenges etc. I do not see myself getting anywhere close to upgrading a table to level four at the current rate of accumulating parts etc. What would be a nice incentive for me to carry on playing is if the price you pay for a table is discounted based on the upgrade level / parts collected. At some point, when I have a bit of spare cash, it might then be worth my while to purchase a table or two.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This is probably wishful thinking, but it would make sense to me to give you discount on purchasing a table based on how far you have upgraded a table. Realistically I can see that I can get a few tables to level two and then maybe also one or so to level three by playing the daily challenges etc. I do not see myself getting anywhere close to upgrading a table to level four at the current rate of accumulating parts etc. What would be a nice incentive for me to carry on playing is if the price you pay for a table is discounted based on the upgrade level / parts collected. At some point, when I have a bit of spare cash, it might then be worth my while to purchase a table or two.
Yeah it would be nice. Presuming you have the 100 table parts needed to upgrade to you're still going to need to buy the 4 X 25 coin () packs which will run you $6 in Australia.

But looking more into this, Zen is actually offering a steeply discounted rate to purchase tables outright already (as much as I hate to admit it). And this is without the one time offer they are rolling out.

Say you wanted to update from to and were pondering buying the 5000 pack. So you could use 3000 and have 2000 leftover. That's going to run you 280 which is 30 more than just buying the damn table outright.

Say you had 100 and wanted to buy 100 parts so you could upgrade to . At the current rate of 5 parts for 25 , you'd be a stooge to take that deal.

It's almost like they want you to forget about grinding and just buy it.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Jared, I have to laugh because those coins are showing up as strawberries on my Mac, making your post rather funny to me.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I just noticed yesterday that my high scores are no longer being saved to the table (Medieval Madness at least) itself & and displayed on the DMD...seems as though nothing is being saved to the table as far scores or accomplishments.

The scores have reverted to whatever defaults I’m assuming were there to begin with and those are not being overwritten, despite me definitely getting a high score and entering my initials.

Anybody else seeing the same? Very odd. If I’m not mistaken, this happened after purchasing the unlocked tables (iOS version).

Note that I am playing under the exact same settings that I used to before the table purchase...regular arcade play with no altered features such as Pro difficulty or Pro physics being enabled.

I did however play a “practice” game.(one hour of unlimited balls)

I’m assuming that shouldn’t affect anything...

This same issue was found by another user in the Zen forum here (the official Zen Studios forum...a different login & account although the forums look the same)

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showth...ot-being-saved&p=118411&viewfull=1#post118411

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Given I've got virtually no space on my (basic) smartphone I've installed this on my PC instead via BlueStacks. Got keyboard controls to work - initially it was set to the 2 SHIFT keys controlling flippers, but they both controlled left flipper and no key for right flipper until I figured out how to remap it.

Started by picking Medieval Madness, so its the only table I've tried on it until I can unlock something else.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Free (75) ticket pack in the ingame store, with 2 hour cool down to be able to reselect it. Plays an advert before granting them. I think this is new, although it could just be I hadn't looked carefully before.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Free (75) ticket pack in the ingame store, with 2 hour cool down to be able to reselect it. Plays an advert before granting them. I think this is new, although it could just be I hadn't looked carefully before.
It's always been there. But it's 50 tickets not 75 unless it's been changed since this morning.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

elcondor

Mar 3, 2015
Funny, it's 100 for me, and it can't be a territory thing as we're both in the UK. Why do I start to feel more like a rat in a maze than a consumer?

Members online

Members online