Williams Pinball App Discussion

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Are you referring to the arcade tickets? I haven't clicked any offers, but I'm currently seeing 150 tickets if I watch an ad.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Like Eldar I've consistently received 50 for watching adverts, why did we draw the short straw?
The reward variation is astonishing (50/75/100/150) and feels slightly unfair considering it has been out for a while now.

I'm utterly fed up with Party Zone and Black Rose, the ball still gets stuck on my Moto G4 despite reporting it weeks ago. Surely other players are affected?

Last edited:

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Are you referring to the arcade tickets? I haven't clicked any offers, but I'm currently seeing 150 tickets if I watch an ad.

Just want to be sure I'm still on the same page as everyone else. I've already been mistaken a couple of times.
910f9c1f7c7ba59e8975aed3e7e7ea12.jpg

elcondor

Mar 3, 2015
Like Eldar I've consistently received 50 for watching adverts, why did we draw the short straw?
The reward variation is astonishing (50/75/100/150) and feels slightly unfair considering it has been out for a while now.

I'm utterly fed up with Party Zone and Black Rose, the ball still gets stuck on my Moto G4 despite reporting it weeks ago. Surely other players are affected?

Ditto on my G4, I reported it to no response at all, I did get some feedback on the Season 1 league issues, but nothing major. I've posted the bug here on this site, but not had any official response from Zen.

I appreciate this is a living release, but it does feel sometimes that the changes are random and arbitrary, and something as vital as the ball jam fixes should really be addressed considering the repercussions could cost actual in game currency for some (a failed pro challenge or league game, for example)

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I'm at 50 tickets, just checked again. On Android, beta build. It's kind of frustrating to hear that others get 150 or 75 for watching the same ad. What could possibly be the purpose of this award being different for different users? I'm wondering if it's a bug.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm at 50 tickets, just checked again. On Android, beta build. It's kind of frustrating to hear that others get 150 or 75 for watching the same ad. What could possibly be the purpose of this award being different for different users? I'm wondering if it's a bug.

It’s not a bug. Zen is running a few different models for collections and upgrades. I too get 50 tix for watching a video, but I had (no way of checking if I still do until the new tables drop) the really low upgrade requirements, and this is with iOS. This has caused a lot of frustration here on the forum since we can all talk about our experience, where the average user would have no indication this was going on. Hope it all gets standardized soon.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Well this is disappointing, I wrongly presumed table parts would stop dropping when you collect the full 100 required for a Grade 4 upgrade. Unfortunately that is currently not the case.

I had no desire to upgrade Medieval Madness to Grade 3 for 3000 tickets but that was the only way I could check what I've collected. I've already got 100 but the game is still rewarding parts - I earned an additional six playing the Pro Challenge to 15 stars.

This is doubly problematic, I'm now earning useless rewards but it also means I can't increase the probability to earn parts for other tables. It appears the only way to stop this happening would be spending 100 coins to fully upgrade the table, perhaps this is just a minor oversight and Zen may consider changing it.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
God damn the video ads on the daily challenges really become a pain quickly especially when its on the '1 ball' daily challenge. Would of been a lot better if they made you watch a video every 4 attempts or so not on EVERY single attempt.

On a side not are these challenges available on the consoles versions?

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
God damn the video ads on the daily challenges really become a pain quickly especially when its on the '1 ball' daily challenge. Would of been a lot better if they made you watch a video every 4 attempts or so not on EVERY single attempt.

On a side not are these challenges available on the consoles versions?

Its just on mobile. Consoles and Steam you buy the tables and play them, simple.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You can play 1 ball, Survival, and 5 minute on PC, but it’s by choice. Though you do have to play to 5 stars to unlock Wizard bonuses

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018

Any adverts you particularly despise? I'm regularly hounded by a girl with pink hair or an overly enthusiastic woman dancing.
Some of these adverts take 35 seconds which can be considerably longer than an unlucky 1 ball game. (Party Zone is infuriating, the ball usually drains when you make a skill shot...)

elcondor

Mar 3, 2015
At the risk of introducing yet another currency to this game - challenge credits might be useful that regenerate over time, or with ads. I know the advanced challeng sort of does this with Zen Coins.

Are they standardising on 50 tickets per ad now, as I was on 100 and it has dropped down. My ticker requirements for upgrades are down from 1000 to 750 too, so I guess that's meant as compensation.

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
So another variation of Zen who don't know how to balance, I get per ad only 50 tickets(before 75) and requirments for upgrade table from two to three stars raised from 1000 to 3000 tickets. daily challenge survival party zone is unbalanced as hell I need for 5 and 10 star challenge more skill then for 15 stars why, plus it is frustrating that on 1-ball challenges every time the flipper don't react to input and you loss the ball, if then wants to archive more players with this app, thenn hell will freeze before it will happen

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Any adverts you particularly despise? I'm regularly hounded by a girl with pink hair or an overly enthusiastic woman dancing.
Some of these adverts take 35 seconds which can be considerably longer than an unlucky 1 ball game. (Party Zone is infuriating, the ball usually drains when you make a skill shot...)
Coin Pop ads can go die in a fire.

And (deep voice) "Slahts Eeeraaaaah"

One thing I've learnt through watching these ads is that there is a reason why these app makers are advertising. There is zero creativity in their offerings, so they have to advertise so they can have any hope of selling their particular flavour of Smurfberries.

Slots Smurfberries.

Grind to get gift cards Smurfberries.

Match three RPG puzzle OMGWTF BBQ Smurfberries.

Blech

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I feel really bad for the peppy Australian girl whose whole family has become addicted to that crummy match-three game. What a horrible burden.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012

Keep getting ads on repair rooms or some guff, super annoying whatever they are

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I haven't watched many ads on the mobile app, but the dragon egg matching game has been coming at me hard.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I think the ad I saw the most was for some 'adult' slot game with the lovely broken english tag of something like "adult game for adult desire". Also saw a lot of Best Fiends. A lot of that. Guess I'll be getting to see it all again tomorrow as I'll be diving back in to unlock the next 3 tables. Will also be able to confirm what has changed for me in terms of requirement levels after having been able to 4 star all 7 tables in 16 days at launch.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I actually downloaded the (official) Yahtzee game I saw advertised. It's awful. It's as if they said "let's try to do Words With Friends but with Yahtzee and then throw all this overwhelming **** at it so nobody can work out what the hell is going on".

Then there's the one with the guy holding a baby saying how he doesn't usually play mobile games but he's addicted to this one particular one that pays him real money and I should play it. No footage of the game or anything just this guy holding a baby. It's annoying, and probably even more annoying with the volume up (I play while watching TV, so keep the volume pretty low).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.