Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Williams Pinball App Discussion

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    App was released Monday, it's now Wednesday...

I have played 3 cycles of daily challenges now. Fully completing my first basic challenge gave me enough table parts for whichever table it was (can't remember) to play the Advanced challenge. I played and completed both challenges on Tuesday, and again today. Here's how my collecting stands...

AFM - 2 stars, 2/10 to 3rd
    Black Rose - 3 stars, 1/20 to 4th
    Party Zone - 2 stars, 0/10 to 3rd
    Fish Tales - 1 star, 1/3 to 2nd
    The Getaway - 2 stars, 0/10 to 3rd
    Junk Yard - 2 stars, 7/10 to 3rd
    MM - 2 stars, 3/10 to 3rd

So just within 3 days I can play in Arcade Play all but Fish Tales
    3rd star opens up the flipper mods and the visually enhanced version of a table. 4th star gives Pro difficulty and Pro physics as well as offline play and some other perks
    I flip all five cards, letting the video play and spending the 1 Z coin, but yesterday I had 2 times where the video would play and therefore couldn't collect on that card
    I'll be able to play the Pro challenge once I can 3 star more tables, which obviously will then give more chances at collecting parts. The best card I flipped so far gave me +3 Parts for Black Rose
    I'm at level 10 XP
    2440 tickets (told you these were handed out with abandon)
    121 Z Coins
    21 different ball skins
    4 different ball trails
    10 different flipper skins

I've also been playing multiplayer for cash (I'd earned that playing Zen's eSports pinball and FarSight's Pinball Tournaments) and we need more players! There's like 4 of us on the leaderboard and that's it. By the way, MM with one ball is super tense when money is on the line. Especially when I keep seeing scores of less than a million from everyone.

I will continue to update as I progress, but I think it's important for people to see just how easy it is to get to the point of having the basic version of each table for free. To reiterate, that's 6/7 tables I can play for free after 3 days of daily challenge play.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    iTouch,New New iPad, iPad Air, Steam
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post

I have played 3 cycles of daily challenges now. Fully completing my first basic challenge gave me enough table parts for whichever table it was (can't remember) to play the Advanced challenge. I played and completed both challenges on Tuesday, and again today. Here's how my collecting stands...

3rd star opens up the flipper mods and the visually enhanced version of a table. 4th star gives Pro difficulty and Pro physics as well as offline play and some other perks
    I flip all five cards, letting the video play and spending the 1 Z coin, but yesterday I had 2 times where the video would play and therefore couldn't collect on that card
    I'll be able to play the Pro challenge once I can 3 star more tables, which obviously will then give more chances at collecting parts. The best card I flipped so far gave me +3 Parts for Black Rose
    I'm at level 10 XP
    121 Z Coins
    21 different ball skins
    4 different ball trails

I've also been playing multiplayer for cash (I'd earned that playing Zen's eSports pinball and FarSight's Pinball Tournaments) and we need more players! There's like 4 of us on the leaderboard and that's it. By the way, MM with one ball is super tense when money is on the line. Especially when I keep seeing scores of less than a million from everyone.

I will continue to update as I progress, but I think it's important for people to see just how easy it is to get to the point of having the basic version of each table for free. To reiterate, that's 6/7 tables I can play for free after 3 days of daily challenge play.
    Nice. I'm just getting mostly ballskins, so it's taking me bit longer.

My Devices
    iPhone 6S, iPad Air 2, PS3, PS4
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I’ve had nowhere near the luck you’ve had!

I’m at Level 4 XP. I can only do the top challenge for the day (5, 10, 15 stars). I have 230 tickets and 21 Zen coins. I can only play Attack From Mars (level 2) and I have Party Zone at level 2. That’s all. I’ve been awarded a couple of tickets, and I’ve gotten 1 Zen Coin a few times as well.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this sounds very confusing and annoying. So is it filled with ads and that is the point of grinding. Thats how all the grinding games make money, constant annoying ads. How are they going to charge more for a lesser quality version... sticking with my trusty old farsight tables for mobile.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly, your best bet is to download it for free and try it out. You have the option of watching a video; it doesn’t play automatically. Once you finish a challenge you have 5 rewards; 3 of those you click on, 1 is obtained by watching a 30 second video, and 1 is obtained by spending a Zen coin.

My Devices
    iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    All this sounds very confusing and annoying. So is it filled with ads and that is the point of grinding. Thats how all the grinding games make money, constant annoying ads. How are they going to charge more for a lesser quality version... sticking with my trusty old farsight tables for mobile.
    Gord is 100% right. Try it out. You don't have to spend any $ to kick the tires.

But as for me, I'm very disappointed. Not in the game play, but in the way it is presented and sold. A big turnoff for me. Might buy a new release that I don't have on TPA, but that's about it for me. They would have to have a super sale or revamp the app to get my interest back.

My Devices
    IOS/ PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolchak357 View Post
    Gord is 100% right. Try it out. You don't have to spend any $ to kick the tires.

But as for me, I'm very disappointed. Not in the game play, but in the way it is presented and sold. A big turnoff for me. Might buy a new release that I don't have on TPA, but that's about it for me. They would have to have a super sale or revamp the app to get my interest back.
    I agree with this.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm at level 10 XP
    121 Z Coins
    21 different ball skins
    4 different ball trails

I'm nowhere near that after 2 days of playing AFM and fully completing the challenges both days. I have AFM at 2 stars, and HS2 at 1 star, nothing else even close. Except the challenges appear to be random so if HS2 doesn't show up as the Basic challenge and/or AFM doesn't show up as the Advanced challenge, I'm screwed. Unless I have to wait for the challenges to reset and it'll make sure I have challenges at appropriate levels for the tables I've unlocked?

Not sure I want to grind Arcade Mode on AFM just to keep earning between challenges. This is supposed to be fun....
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so I just checked in and today's challenges are up. I have a Basic challenge for HS2, and an Advanced for AFM (but it wants me to watch an ad before I can proceed to that challenge...). So I can assume that because I now have 2 tables to play challenges on, I'll get stuff a bit quicker, right?
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Galaxy Note 8 / PS4 / Switch
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    I'm nowhere near that after 2 days of playing AFM and fully completing the challenges both days. I have AFM at 2 stars, and HS2 at 1 star, nothing else even close. Except the challenges appear to be random so if HS2 doesn't show up as the Basic challenge and/or AFM doesn't show up as the Advanced challenge, I'm screwed. Unless I have to wait for the challenges to reset and it'll make sure I have challenges at appropriate levels for the tables I've unlocked?

Not sure I want to grind Arcade Mode on AFM just to keep earning between challenges. This is supposed to be fun....
    Just reset the basic challenge for 25 tickets after you've completed it. You'll earn back the 25 tickets and then some plus you'll continue earning table parts to keep the grind going. I wasn't too excited about the grinding at first, but it's actually pretty fun once you figure out how to grind continuously.

Also, you can get 50 tickets from the in-game store for free every two hours by watching a video.
    Last edited by PiN WiZ; 01-31-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    PSN ID and Xbox LIVE Gamertag : Slyddogg

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolchak357 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Naildriver74 View Post
    I agree with this.
    I’m not much of a mobile player, but for me Gameplay > Everything Else.

If I have the option of better gameplay for a couple more bucks, I’ll always choose it.

For me, I just can’t go back to TPA after playing the Zen versions of these Williams tables. They’re more than 2 X as good imo, so you get what you pay for.

That said, I do wish their prices were the same as other platforms. I think Zen shot themselves in the foot a bit with this release. At least they added a way to get the tables for free which is good since most mobile players don’t like paying for stuff in free apps, but grinding is a turnoff for some so the price to just unlock the tables should be in line with other platforms.
    Last edited by Jeff Strong; 01-31-2019 at 01:03 PM.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PiN WiZ View Post
    Just reset the basic challenge for 25 tickets after you've completed it. You'll earn back the 25 tickets and then some plus you'll continue earning table parts to keep the grind going. I wasn't too excited about the grinding at first, but it's actually pretty fun once you figure out how to grind continuously.

Also, you can get 50 tickets from the in-game store for free every two hours by watching a video.
    I didnít realize that! Thanks for the heads up, Iíll totally be doing that.

My Devices
    Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, PC, Switch
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware you keep the things you earned when restarting the challenge. That's worth noting. I thought "losing progress" would also mean "losing everything you got during the challenges".

My Devices
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanija View Post
    I wasn't aware you keep the things you earned when restarting the challenge. That's worth noting. I thought "losing progress" would also mean "losing everything you got during the challenges".
    I believe it means that if you're on the second or third part of the basic challenge, resetting it will start you back at the first part of a new challenge meaning you can't go back and complete the second or third part of the previous challenge. You shouldn't lose anything you've already earned.

...however, I only reset the basic challenge after I've earned all 15 stars so I can't be too sure what happens if you reset the basic challenge without fully completing it.
    Last edited by PiN WiZ; 01-31-2019 at 01:35 PM.

My Devices
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume these are the numbers of the table parts you have. Well, on Android there seems to be a different levelling system.

1 star - 5 parts
    2 stars - 15 parts
    3 stars - 50 parts

Don't know about the rest, as I am not at 3 stars on any table. Heck, I'm only on 1 star on 4 tables, 0 on 2 tables and 2 stars on the starting table.

I have resettet several times today but progress seems so slow with sometimes just 1 part dropping on a card. Will take ages and for level 2 I need 750 tickets as well, I just have 155. I don't feel like they are thrown at me at the moment.

By the way, the reset of the basic challenge costs 50 tickets for me. Not sure if the cost increased after several resets though.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The part count in iOS beta was like that, went down for public release. Course with beta all 3 challenges were open immediately and it reset every few hours, so it all evened out with how it is now.

Shoot, we had scores that were literally impossible to get sometimes. Like 1 ball challenge on AFM where just to get the first star you needed 6.5 billion. You can imagine what the increase was for the other 4 just to clear stage 1 of the challenge.

So donít take what prices, scores, or collection amounts for gospel in the beta. Iím sure itíll match what is out now for iOS at some point. We went through 15 beta builds too, btw.

My Devices
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd think with the release of the iOS version the mobile pricings etc. should be fixed and not really different now in the Android beta. But well..

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It cost me 25 tickets to reset the Basic challenge (the first time), and I got 60 tickets for completing the challenges. So, a no brainer really.

My Devices
    iOS, PS3, PS4, Kindle Fire HD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    It cost me 25 tickets to reset the Basic challenge (the first time), and I got 60 tickets for completing the challenges. So, a no brainer really.

Resetting the basic challenge for me shows as 50 coins. Yeah, no thanks.

And the current basic challenge for me requires me to watch an ad that crashes the app. Awesome.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abouttreefitty View Post
    Resetting the basic challenge for me shows as 50 coins. Yeah, no thanks.

And the current basic challenge for me requires me to watch an ad that crashes the app. Awesome.
    Are you playing on an iOS or Android device?

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should add, I'm playing on Android (which is still in Beta). And yes, it's 25 tickets for every reset of the Basic challenge. Advanced and higher need coins to reset - not good value.

Once I get the last table, MM, One Star unlocked, though, I'm going to start needing 750 tickets a pop to unlock those second stars; that's a grindfest.

My Devices
    iOS, PS3, PS4, Kindle Fire HD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you playing on an iOS or Android device?
    iOS.

My Devices
    IPad Pro and iMac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought MM today and played it a few times and it was awesome. But when I tried to play later the app crashes and sends me back to my apps screen. Anyone else having this problem?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The latest iOS update makes the game fly on an 11” iPad Pro. Previous versions were sluggish; the frame rate was jittery.

My Devices
    iTouch,New New iPad, iPad Air, Steam
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    The latest iOS update makes the game fly on an 11” iPad Pro. Previous versions were sluggish; the frame rate was jittery.
    Yay!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast