Williams Pinball App Discussion

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I’ve just unlocked my first table at level three and have noticed I need 100 Z coins to unlock to level 4.
I hardly get any Z coins on my card flips and I don’t think I’ll ever reach 100 without purchasing them.
Will I find once I’m playing the pro challenges that I get more Z coins card flips?
Wait until we exit beta.

I think we're currently running with 10x pricing on Android, compared with our iOS friends.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Simple question to all:

For those who have been able to purchase the $20 table unlock on iOS, there is now a "Restore Purchases" section under Settings. Have any of you tried to restore this purchase to a different iOS device than the device that the purchase was made on?...this is assuming that the iOS devices are using the same Apple ID for purchases.

FWIW...
1. I was on the beta team.
2. I have not been offerered the table purchase on my iPad mini 4 nor my iPhone 5s
3. However, the offer is available on my son's iPad mini 4 using the same Apple ID as the devices listed above

Wondering if I should make the purchase on my son's mini 4, then try to restore purchases to my own mini 4

Holy crap, why does this have to be so difficult?

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Simple question to all:

For those who have been able to purchase the $20 table unlock on iOS, there is now a "Restore Purchases" section under Settings. Have any of you tried to restore this purchase to a different iOS device than the device that the purchase was made on?...this is assuming that the iOS devices are using the same Apple ID for purchases.

FWIW...
1. I was on the beta team.
2. I have not been offerered the table purchase on my iPad mini 4 nor my iPhone 5s
3. However, the offer is available on my son's iPad mini 4 using the same Apple ID as the devices listed above

Wondering if I should make the purchase on my son's mini 4, then try to restore purchases to my own mini 4

Holy crap, why does this have to be so difficult?
Maybe contact Zen support before pulling the trigger on that.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’m fairly certain it would work, especially since the beta progress was syncing between multiple devices. When trying on your son’s iPad mini, do you have the same stats as on your own iPad?

also, since this is a purchase made through the App Store, it would be connected to your Apple ID.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
@Gord

Seems like this would work since I'm able to sync the progress between devices (have not tried my son's mini 4) using Game Center. I'm still unsure though so I emailed Zen Support. Hopefully, they can give me a definitive answer before the offer expires on my son's mini 4 and I won't have access to the offer at all.

Hopefully, Zen will see fit to re-enble the offer for those that missed it...I don't understand why would it be a "Limited Time" offer to begin with.:confused:

Last edited:

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I have not seen the purchase option either, and I’ve been looking since I saw it mentioned here a few days ago. I’ve never cared for freemium games so it took me a few days of on/off playing to get a handle on how the commerce system works, and I’m still not sure I understand it. It’s all very confusing and it’s starting to drive me off. I just want the nice physics and the ability to turn off extra balls.

I’ve got two stars on all but one table and I need thousands of tickets to get just ONE of them to the next level. If I have to throw toast at that dog in Junk Yard one more time I’m going to lose it. I like JunkYard but when I play it in Pinball Arcade I just empty the chamber of toast – score be damned – and get back to the pinball. There’s no way to skip that when you’re trying to get points on one ball so that you can “cash in” by leveling up.

And “cashing in” means ten measly tickets, one charge on a ball skin that you can’t see on the table, one table part for Getaway (a table I will NEVER play unless forced to and I’m forced to often during daily challenges) and ten more tickets that may or may not make it to my pile after the Fishdom advertisement crashes my ipad.

Really would appreciate a way to simply buy the tables. There’s none of this silliness on the Switch, and I’d like to simply purchase and play through Nintendo but I don’t care for the landscape view options. I really enjoy Attack From Mars, Fish Tales, Black Rose and Medieval Madness; generally speaking they seem more difficult and more satisfying than the PA versions, but I can cope with just playing them once in a while in arcade mode for the time being.

Or maybe I’ll give Fishdom a try! I’ve seen the ads about a billion times and I’m getting curious. Maybe I’ll abandon digital pinball and go hang out on the Fishdom Forums and talk about collecting digital fish with my Fishdom friends. God, just let me buy the tables!

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Seems like this would work since I'm able to sync the progress between devices (have not tried my son's mini 4) using Game Center. I'm still unsure though so I emailed Zen Support. Hopefully, they can give me a definitive answer before the offer expires on my son's mini 4 and I won't have access to the offer at all.

Well, I went out and got an iTunes card for the purchase and wouldn't you know it, the "Limited Time" offer expired on my son's iPad. Now I can't purchase it at all and I was even set on blowing the $20 needlessly, even if the “restore purchases” didn't work on my iPad. Unless Zen enables this magically elusive offer for those of us who weren't even offered it, there’s seemingly no other way to get it.

This "Limited Time" offer is beyond ridiculous...what's the big rush anyways, Zen?

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Let’s hope they extend the limited time offer and include everyone this time. Would they rather get $20 from me or nothing?
I really don’t understand the downside for Zen on this one.

darwould

Mar 2, 2014
There is clearly a significant difference between iOS "pricing" and Android "pricing". I've been playing (almost) daily since the Android beta was launched and completing the challenges available to me, with a couple of days where I've reset challenges and some "grinding" in Arcade Mode.

Here's where I'm at:

185 tickets
0 coins
Level 20 (just short of level 21)

AFM: 2*, 32/50 parts for 3* (would be 3000 tickets to promote once I get the parts)
BRose: 1*, 15/15 parts for 2* (need 750 tickets to promote)
PZ: 2*, 20/50 parts for 3*
FT: 2*, 14/50 parts for 3*
HS2: 1*, 15/15 parts for 2* (need 750 tickets)
JY: 1*, 15/15 parts for 2* (need 750 tickets)
MM: 2*, 21/50 parts for 3*

Resources are far harder to come by on Android, it seems to me.

Not just Android. I’m on iOS and I’m in the same boat. I can’t imagine unlocking tables without buying coins or tix. It seems like they are testing various tiers to see what works (maybe). I’ve been playing for weeks and resetting challenges left and right.

elcondor

Mar 3, 2015
On Android MotoG4, with the latest update I've seen some judder that wasn't there before, particularly in league play for some reason.

Craig Grannell

Sep 30, 2012
On the above, I’ve been communicating with Zen about the offer. They were surprised I couldn’t see it. Have others been emailing them about the problem?

As for tickets, etc, I am still genuinely baffled that people managed to four-star every table. I’m still playing daily, and completing most of the challenges. I still haven’t managed to even one-star Medieval Madness. Most of the rest are still on one.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
With everyone struggling to just purchase the darn tables, it's ironic that once I opened all the tables by grinding, I stopped playing the app altogether.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
What’s their email? I’ll send them a note as well.

Email support @ support@zenstudios.com

Do it from within the app: Settings (top-right "gear" icon on main screen) / Contact Us

This will include all of your device's info as well as user ID, etc. to give them important info they will likely need.
Example of mine:

GameTitle:Williams Pinball
GameVersion:1.0.7
DeviceType:iPad5,1
OSVersion:12.1.4
DeviceID: (deleted)
UserID: (deleted)
AppID:3984

I copied and pasted my info from the email that is generated on the iPad to my email client on the PC so it's easier to compose the email.

The more people that contact them, the better. Maybe they'll realize they have a problem with this whole table purchase mess.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.