Thread: Williams Pinball App Discussion

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk pinball fan View Post
    Dumb question here. I purchased the Universal Monsters pack for $9.99 thinking I was getting all four stars since all of the other Williams packs I have purchase for the price had everything unlocked. It onl had two stats unlocked, and I contacted Zen and they informed me that the Universsl pack only comes with two stars. I was not happ at all, but I began playing the tables and I finally have enough table parts to unlock the next level in creature. It says promote table 3000 tickets. I thought I only needed table parts for the next star? Do I have to get 3000 tickets and 40 table parts per star?
    Same boat. Note that upgrading from 3 to 4 cost 150 zen coins if i remember correctly, so you will have to spend money again ( non sense ). IOS they cannot refund, either from Apple or Zen, waiting for response in which they offer me Zen coins to compensate the grinding, still didnt receive it. This is just so mixed up, was able to buy no problem the first 3 packs, i painfully grind pack no.4 to two stars, never saw an occasion to simply buy them 4 stars , and now this with Universal Pack, which also bought, but at 2 stars...

Best advice is wait for their answer to see what you can do, if your on android it might be a different thing.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Itís only 2 stars, same as it was for Vol 4. The final upgrade costs 100 coins and 100 table parts. If you donít like grinding, go to the store and make a one time purchase of the Pro Physics, Pro Difficulty, and visual enhancement. Itís good for any past and future tables.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, iPad Air, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Itís only 2 stars, same as it was for Vol 4. The final upgrade costs 100 coins and 100 table parts. If you donít like grinding, go to the store and make a one time purchase of the Pro Physics, Pro Difficulty, and visual enhancement. Itís good for any past and future tables.
    Hi shutyertrap

I'm 100% sure I received four stars on vol 4. for the one time purchase of $9.99 on iOS. I've done zero grinding until the Universal Tables. This is why I'm a little confused. Why are some tables for 9.99 four stars and some are two? Thanks for the info on the one time purchase information. I did not realize this.

PS/ love the podcast! I listen and watch each week! Keep up the great work!

My Devices
    Galaxy Note 8 / PS4 / Switch
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received four stars tables as well when I purchased Volume 4 on Android. Bottom line, mobile users are upset about not having the same opportunity to purchase fully featured tables at the same price as console and PC users. Thankfully, Zen is looking into this and hope to have a resolution soon.
    PSN ID and Xbox LIVE Gamertag : Slyddogg

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I even think that the way we can purchase is not only different from Android or IOS, but user too. As example, my friend installed Williams Pinball, and he got the chance to buy a few pack at 4 stars from the start, offer i never saw appear. If i remember correctly, i had to ask Zen to make similar offer appear to get pack no.3.

I just wish they could fix that , i mean, for those who just want to play , no doing anything with challenges, upgrade.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on support with Zen: There is no way from their side to put tables from 2 stars to 4, no way to refund on IOS. Best they could do, is offer me some Zen coins and tickets. But still it doesnt cut it.

I felt on my brain and decide for the fun of it to do these challenge to max tables that were not maxed yet ( it was Hurricane, Road Show and White Water ). I found out that the easiest way to do it quicker is to do the first challenge, repeat it for 20 tickets over and over. It give a total of 6 tickets for the three challenges ( compare to 8 for the 4th challenge ), but way easier to do. I find doing challenges on Cftbl, Party Zone, Fish Tales, Road Show, White Water, Theater of Magic, Black Rose, Gateway, Junkyard are the easiest , harder challenge i find are Safecracker ( always skipping it for 5 tickets ), MM, AfM, MB ( doesnt seem to appear often in the first challenge ), Hurricane, Champions Pub. I often use the 5 ticket cost to refresh the challenge, the one imo that is the easiest for the easiest tables is 1 ball challenge, and 5 minute challenge is also very easy. I use the 5 tickets cost to refresh the tables i find harder. To do it quicker i often skip the video , but i do it once in a while, it could be some good tickets or rarely a part.

So here i am. That way, i finally maxed the 3 tables that need to be, so in a way, i never actually paid for pack no.4, so with Zen coins i got offered for compensation, well, after some hard work, i got them for free, so wont complain with the compensation i got offered.

But now, doing challenges dont give me MB and Cftbl parts. I get more Zen coins, but no way to get any pieces. The only way to get some is buying for 20 Zen coins 5 parts, which is ridiculous, 100 part for upgrade to lvl 4 will cost 400 zen coins, and not counting the near 50 parts need from 2 to 3, which is also roughly 200 coins to get there. Challenges from Universal pack doesnt seem to appear anymore. So i can say im rather stuck upgrading Universal tables, unless i decide to spend zen coins.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The Monster Pack tables should allow you to collect parts soon. Clearly Zen just hasnít flipped the switch on it yet. Thatís the new question to be asking them, when thatíll happen. In the meantime stockpile coins because you will always need those for that final upgrade now and for future tables.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess its what i will do for now, pilling a bit of Zen coins, tickets. But wont do as i did for the past three days, like playing for hours doing challenges to get parts as i did. Only way i found it midly enjoyable is finding the challenges ( 1 ball and 5 min ) that are very easy and take a minute or two to achieve, Party Zone is even a seconds to do like, scoring the skillshot and shooting the million right ramp is easy for 1 ball challenge. Spending 5 tickets for refresh is a real time saver to do the ones you feel easy to do. Now just cant wait to see Monster pack in rotation.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Zen responded to a tweet I sent the other day. New special challenges are one the way for more parts, and then come December theyíll be integrated into regular challenges. Thereís a method to the madness here, as it allows people who donít have many tables maxed to quickly get the new tables to 2 stars (thus playable whenever) without having to collect randomly.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so after taking peoples 10 bucks for 2 stars they are going to make it super easy for non buyers to get the two stars free?

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've upgraded TOTAN and NGG to Grade 2 though CV is falling behind the others (10/15).
    There's a similar imbalance with Universal Monster, CFTBL is currently 51 parts ahead of Monster Bash.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    so after taking peoples 10 bucks for 2 stars they are going to make it super easy for non buyers to get the two stars free?
    If youíve paid any attention to my posts about the app over the past year, youíd know thereís ways of getting all the tables fully upgraded without spending a dime. Paying $10 is for people with no patience, who refuse to recognize it as a mobile free to play app and instead want it to be a straight port. Donít hate on the non buyers, we just know how to work the app to our benefit.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    I've upgraded TOTAN and NGG to Grade 2 though CV is falling behind the others (10/15).
    There's a similar imbalance with Universal Monster, CFTBL is currently 51 parts ahead of Monster Bash.
    Iíve got NGG and Creature to 2 stars, the other 3 are all close behind. Getting 3-4 limited time challenge cycles in a day, paying the 1 coin each time too and getting more parts each time. Now we just need parts to populate in regular daily challenges.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting 3-4 limited time challenge cycles in a day, paying the 1 coin each time too and getting more parts each time. Now we just need parts to populate in regular daily challenges.
    Yeah same strategy, though I spent a good 100 coins on those booster packs! Wish I'd started spending a coin on those challenges flips a little sooner, only discovered they contained parts a couple of days ago.

I noticed your comment about the plunger issues on NGG and can now confirm it applies to Android on all modes. It is possible to make it on the odd occasion, although it's consistently restricted to the first plunge. I'm also slightly suspicious that making it successfully requires switching tables or changing the physics mode as it never works if I keep restarting the table. Perhaps something to do with a ROM reset but ultimately puzzling.

My Devices
    XBox360, PS3, Sony Z3 Compact, Nvidia Shield K1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If youíve paid any attention to my posts about the app over the past year, youíd know thereís ways of getting all the tables fully upgraded without spending a dime. Paying $10 is for people with no patience, who refuse to recognize it as a mobile free to play app and instead want it to be a straight port. Donít hate on the non buyers, we just know how to work the app to our benefit.
    I personally don't have a problem (or "hate") with the non buyers, I simply don't want to waste my short life time with doing the same things over and over again. The problem I have is that now Zen offers a option to buy the tables but in the end you don't get the tables fully unlocked. Why are they doing this now? On every other platform you pay for them and get every feature but not on mobile anymore. They simply want to squeeze out more money. Everything would be fine to have a grinding and a purchase option. But a purchase/grinding option (or spent more money) is the wrong way.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult Ace View Post
    I personally don't have a problem (or "hate") with the non buyers, I simply don't want to waste my short life time with doing the same things over and over again. The problem I have is that now Zen offers a option to buy the tables but in the end you don't get the tables fully unlocked. Why are they doing this now? On every other platform you pay for them and get every feature but not on mobile anymore. They simply want to squeeze out more money. Everything would be fine to have a grinding and a purchase option. But a purchase/grinding option (or spent more money) is the wrong way.
    Yeah that’s my issue. Pick one guys...one way or the other. Not some weird halfway combo. It really is a rip off to anyone who pays as it does not take long to get the tables up to 2 stars. So basically you are paying for virtually nothing. It doesn’t give you that much of a head start. It’s especially bad when that was not how they were doing things at first. Paying got you the whole thing...as it should.
    Last edited by Scared Stiff; 12-18-2019 at 02:47 PM.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather pay a couple of quid a table for select mobile versions but Zen opted for a different approach. I won't pretend to understand the mobile market and it's highly doubtful I'm their intended audience for the platform, although admittedly I do enjoy the occasional play. I'd be utterly intrigued to know whether it's lucrative for them!

It does look like a bit of a struggle for new users and I'd probably give it a wide berth if I had to start from scratch.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zen offers a option to buy the tables but in the end you don't get the tables fully unlocked.
    It is indeed mysterious, here in the UK it's £9.49 for grade 2 (versus £7.19 for Steam versions) and immediately unappealing unless you're living a care-free lifestyle. That same amount would pay for 350 coins > 17x Vol 5 boosters > 87 parts. You'd prob get the Monster and Vol 5 tables close to Grade 2 on those odds - though that's presuming tickets are worthless.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news! The new table challenges might have ended, but new Holiday themed ones have already taken their place giving lots of table parts. In addition, they also have a “jingle box” that you can buy for 1000 tickets that will give you 10 random table parts in return.

Thanks Zen! This will help. Much appreciated!

My Devices
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared Stiff View Post
    Good news! The new table challenges might have ended, but new Holiday themed ones have already taken their place giving lots of table parts. In addition, they also have a “jingle box” that you can buy for 1000 tickets that will give you 10 random table parts in return.

Thanks Zen! This will help. Much appreciated!
    You getting parts for Monsters and Vol 5? Iím still not within any of the challenges.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You getting parts for Monsters and Vol 5? I’m still not within any of the challenges.
    Yeah, me neither. Just pre-monsters parts.
    Who says you can't take it with you?

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The ticket part box is giving me parts for Monsters and Vol 5. It's a nice ticket sink if you really need to spend some of those things.

The new holiday challenges give tickets and coins. Not really worth resetting those, despite being cheaper than before.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can confirm that it gives Universal Monster's parts. I believe it give all parts for all tables. So to dmil666, that means you haven't maxed out on your older tables, it's random.

[Edit] Oh yeah, I think I misunderstood. Yes, the timed challenges are not giving NEW parts, heh.
    Last edited by sihumchai; 12-18-2019 at 10:54 AM.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    The ticket part box is giving me parts for Monsters and Vol 5. It's a nice ticket sink if you really need to spend some of those things.
    Just blown a cool 50000 tickets, although I still have another 50000 in the bank

Latest progress:
    CFTBL 4*
    MB 73/100
    CV 50/100
    NGG 29/100
    TOTAN 62/100
    Last edited by MBeeching; 12-18-2019 at 11:20 AM.

My Devices
    iPad mini 5, iPad mini 4, iPhone SE (2020), PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    Just blown a cool 50000 tickets, although I still have another 50000 in the bank
    Don't forget to save some of those tickets to actually "promote" the table once you get enough parts.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast