Williams Pinball App Discussion

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Update on support with Zen: There is no way from their side to put tables from 2 stars to 4, no way to refund on IOS. Best they could do, is offer me some Zen coins and tickets. But still it doesnt cut it.

I felt on my brain and decide for the fun of it to do these challenge to max tables that were not maxed yet ( it was Hurricane, Road Show and White Water ). I found out that the easiest way to do it quicker is to do the first challenge, repeat it for 20 tickets over and over. It give a total of 6 tickets for the three challenges ( compare to 8 for the 4th challenge ), but way easier to do. I find doing challenges on Cftbl, Party Zone, Fish Tales, Road Show, White Water, Theater of Magic, Black Rose, Gateway, Junkyard are the easiest , harder challenge i find are Safecracker ( always skipping it for 5 tickets ), MM, AfM, MB ( doesnt seem to appear often in the first challenge ), Hurricane, Champions Pub. I often use the 5 ticket cost to refresh the challenge, the one imo that is the easiest for the easiest tables is 1 ball challenge, and 5 minute challenge is also very easy. I use the 5 tickets cost to refresh the tables i find harder. To do it quicker i often skip the video , but i do it once in a while, it could be some good tickets or rarely a part.

So here i am. That way, i finally maxed the 3 tables that need to be, so in a way, i never actually paid for pack no.4, so with Zen coins i got offered for compensation, well, after some hard work, i got them for free, so wont complain with the compensation i got offered.

But now, doing challenges dont give me MB and Cftbl parts. I get more Zen coins, but no way to get any pieces. The only way to get some is buying for 20 Zen coins 5 parts, which is ridiculous, 100 part for upgrade to lvl 4 will cost 400 zen coins, and not counting the near 50 parts need from 2 to 3, which is also roughly 200 coins to get there. Challenges from Universal pack doesnt seem to appear anymore. So i can say im rather stuck upgrading Universal tables, unless i decide to spend zen coins.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The Monster Pack tables should allow you to collect parts soon. Clearly Zen just hasn’t flipped the switch on it yet. That’s the new question to be asking them, when that’ll happen. In the meantime stockpile coins because you will always need those for that final upgrade now and for future tables.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Guess its what i will do for now, pilling a bit of Zen coins, tickets. But wont do as i did for the past three days, like playing for hours doing challenges to get parts as i did. Only way i found it midly enjoyable is finding the challenges ( 1 ball and 5 min ) that are very easy and take a minute or two to achieve, Party Zone is even a seconds to do like, scoring the skillshot and shooting the million right ramp is easy for 1 ball challenge. Spending 5 tickets for refresh is a real time saver to do the ones you feel easy to do. Now just cant wait to see Monster pack in rotation.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Zen responded to a tweet I sent the other day. New special challenges are one the way for more parts, and then come December they’ll be integrated into regular challenges. There’s a method to the madness here, as it allows people who don’t have many tables maxed to quickly get the new tables to 2 stars (thus playable whenever) without having to collect randomly.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
so after taking peoples 10 bucks for 2 stars they are going to make it super easy for non buyers to get the two stars free?

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
I've upgraded TOTAN and NGG to Grade 2 though CV is falling behind the others (10/15).
There's a similar imbalance with Universal Monster, CFTBL is currently 51 parts ahead of Monster Bash.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
so after taking peoples 10 bucks for 2 stars they are going to make it super easy for non buyers to get the two stars free?

If you’ve paid any attention to my posts about the app over the past year, you’d know there’s ways of getting all the tables fully upgraded without spending a dime. Paying $10 is for people with no patience, who refuse to recognize it as a mobile free to play app and instead want it to be a straight port. Don’t hate on the non buyers, we just know how to work the app to our benefit.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've upgraded TOTAN and NGG to Grade 2 though CV is falling behind the others (10/15).
There's a similar imbalance with Universal Monster, CFTBL is currently 51 parts ahead of Monster Bash.

I’ve got NGG and Creature to 2 stars, the other 3 are all close behind. Getting 3-4 limited time challenge cycles in a day, paying the 1 coin each time too and getting more parts each time. Now we just need parts to populate in regular daily challenges.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Getting 3-4 limited time challenge cycles in a day, paying the 1 coin each time too and getting more parts each time. Now we just need parts to populate in regular daily challenges.

Yeah same strategy, though I spent a good 100 coins on those booster packs! Wish I'd started spending a coin on those challenges flips a little sooner, only discovered they contained parts a couple of days ago.

I noticed your comment about the plunger issues on NGG and can now confirm it applies to Android on all modes. It is possible to make it on the odd occasion, although it's consistently restricted to the first plunge. I'm also slightly suspicious that making it successfully requires switching tables or changing the physics mode as it never works if I keep restarting the table. Perhaps something to do with a ROM reset but ultimately puzzling.

Catapult Ace

May 27, 2015
If you’ve paid any attention to my posts about the app over the past year, you’d know there’s ways of getting all the tables fully upgraded without spending a dime. Paying $10 is for people with no patience, who refuse to recognize it as a mobile free to play app and instead want it to be a straight port. Don’t hate on the non buyers, we just know how to work the app to our benefit.

I personally don't have a problem (or "hate") with the non buyers, I simply don't want to waste my short life time with doing the same things over and over again. The problem I have is that now Zen offers a option to buy the tables but in the end you don't get the tables fully unlocked. Why are they doing this now? On every other platform you pay for them and get every feature but not on mobile anymore. They simply want to squeeze out more money. Everything would be fine to have a grinding and a purchase option. But a purchase/grinding option (or spent more money) is the wrong way.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
I personally don't have a problem (or "hate") with the non buyers, I simply don't want to waste my short life time with doing the same things over and over again. The problem I have is that now Zen offers a option to buy the tables but in the end you don't get the tables fully unlocked. Why are they doing this now? On every other platform you pay for them and get every feature but not on mobile anymore. They simply want to squeeze out more money. Everything would be fine to have a grinding and a purchase option. But a purchase/grinding option (or spent more money) is the wrong way.

Yeah that’s my issue. Pick one guys...one way or the other. Not some weird halfway combo. It really is a rip off to anyone who pays as it does not take long to get the tables up to 2 stars. So basically you are paying for virtually nothing. It doesn’t give you that much of a head start. It’s especially bad when that was not how they were doing things at first. Paying got you the whole thing...as it should.

Last edited:

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018

I'd rather pay a couple of quid a table for select mobile versions but Zen opted for a different approach. I won't pretend to understand the mobile market and it's highly doubtful I'm their intended audience for the platform, although admittedly I do enjoy the occasional play. I'd be utterly intrigued to know whether it's lucrative for them!

It does look like a bit of a struggle for new users and I'd probably give it a wide berth if I had to start from scratch.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Zen offers a option to buy the tables but in the end you don't get the tables fully unlocked.

It is indeed mysterious, here in the UK it's £9.49 for grade 2 (versus £7.19 for Steam versions) and immediately unappealing unless you're living a care-free lifestyle. That same amount would pay for 350 coins > 17x Vol 5 boosters > 87 parts. You'd prob get the Monster and Vol 5 tables close to Grade 2 on those odds - though that's presuming tickets are worthless.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
Good news! The new table challenges might have ended, but new Holiday themed ones have already taken their place giving lots of table parts. In addition, they also have a “jingle box” that you can buy for 1000 tickets that will give you 10 random table parts in return.

Thanks Zen! This will help. Much appreciated!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Good news! The new table challenges might have ended, but new Holiday themed ones have already taken their place giving lots of table parts. In addition, they also have a “jingle box” that you can buy for 1000 tickets that will give you 10 random table parts in return.

Thanks Zen! This will help. Much appreciated!

You getting parts for Monsters and Vol 5? I’m still not within any of the challenges.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
The ticket part box is giving me parts for Monsters and Vol 5. It's a nice ticket sink if you really need to spend some of those things.

The new holiday challenges give tickets and coins. Not really worth resetting those, despite being cheaper than before.

sihumchai

Apr 18, 2019
Can confirm that it gives Universal Monster's parts. I believe it give all parts for all tables. So to dmil666, that means you haven't maxed out on your older tables, it's random.

[Edit] Oh yeah, I think I misunderstood. Yes, the timed challenges are not giving NEW parts, heh.

Last edited:

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
The ticket part box is giving me parts for Monsters and Vol 5. It's a nice ticket sink if you really need to spend some of those things.

Just blown a cool 50000 tickets, although I still have another 50000 in the bank :eek:

Latest progress:
CFTBL 4*
MB 73/100
CV 50/100
NGG 29/100
TOTAN 62/100

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.