Williams Pinball App Discussion

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Or, allow players to exchange parts, would be ok with a 2:1 conversion rate.So at least you could do something with them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This will never happen, but they should change the parts from being table specific to simply general parts. Restructure the number of parts for the specific unlock tiers.

Never say never. If they went to 'generic parts', you'd actually be able to upgrade tables much faster, which is probably the exact opposite of what Zen wants you to do. This would also disrupt what they are currently selling in the store. Putting a hard cap doesn't require any changes externally, just some lines of code. If they were to do a trading system, a whole new section would need to be added to the game, a team or clan section (and I am so completely wanting that. Team pinball!!)

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
Never say never. If they went to 'generic parts', you'd actually be able to upgrade tables much faster, which is probably the exact opposite of what Zen wants you to do. This would also disrupt what they are currently selling in the store. Putting a hard cap doesn't require any changes externally, just some lines of code. If they were to do a trading system, a whole new section would need to be added to the game, a team or clan section (and I am so completely wanting that. Team pinball!!)

The denominations in the store are already broken since they upped the number of parts required for unlocks without adjusting the coin cost of parts. 5 parts for 50 Zen coins?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
The denominations in the store are already broken since they upped the number of parts required for unlocks without adjusting the coin cost of parts. 5 parts for 50 Zen coins?

What a steal. Going by the 7 coins per day rate I've heard syt cite, that's only 243 days to earn enough coins to buy enough parts for one table!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Speaking of coins...

I only needed 6 more to have 100, coin flip as to which gets the upgrade, as Safe Cracker and Champion Pub are all that's left. Played all 4 challenges to 15 stars, got 3 coins total. D'oh! Never mind the fact I'd earned 9/10/11 coins the previous 3 days. It just had to wait until it knew I was right there.

In other news...

When I take my son to martial arts, I have 45 minutes to kill in the car. So a lot of times that's when I'll knock out some challenge levels. Tonight I plugged my phone into the car's audio system and HOLY CRAP!! The subwoofer was killing it on Medieval Madness, just feeling it all through my body. Highly recommend it, as your car is not the same as headphones, not the same as a home theater.

And lastly...

There was a discussion I was reading about freemium apps in general and the idea of them not caring about how little value there is to the pricing, because all they are really looking for are the whales; the people that don't want to grind and wait around for stuff, but want it all now. This is also for games where paying to level up has a distinct advantage in ladder system battles over those that do it the slow way.

I've always scoffed at seeing those pages where the app will say "best deal!" and it's for $99. I'm like, who in the hell is gonna spend that much money on a mobile game? I'd love to know what kind of numbers Zen is pulling in with those coin packs.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
3 is a lot less than 10ish - is it just random chance and you've had the odd day like it before, or could they have tweaked something in the app?

Can just see it now, back in the mid-90s. Pinball designer to colleague, this would absolutely sound fantastic in a car; replies back, yeah but who would be mad enough to fit a pinball machine in a car! Over 2 decades of miniaturisation.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well the average is 7 coins per day. Those 3 days of high coin counts were anomalies, so clearly had to be countered eventually. I just had to laugh at the timing.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I hit the 100 parts I need to upgrade Fish Tales to 4*, but I don't have the coins (I have around 60). So now I'm conscious of getting useless Fish Tales parts drops.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I was going to laugh at the "who pays $99 for an app" question, but then it occurred to me that I have spent more than that on TPA on Android. Doh!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I was going to laugh at the "who pays $99 for an app" question, but then it occurred to me that I have spent more than that on TPA on Android. Doh!

But at least you got tables for that. I’ll never understand people paying that much for ‘consumables’ in a game that amount to a one time use. Like paying to speed up wait times or buying power upgrades that go away after a few days.

And what our crowd has spent in pinball is nothing compared to the Rock Band crowd that bought every DLC song.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Some of the pricing models do seem nuts. Lord of the Rings Online is a free to play game on PC I've spent about £110 on, but that's in 7 years; almost all on buying content rather than fluff, just paid for more useful things like more bag space and shared storage but none of the cosmetic fluff or temporary boosts. For that I've basically got the full game, although would cost more than that when not on sale as there are now 6 expansions, 4 free quest pack areas and 20 further quest packs (and there is still more of Middle Earth to go), and several skirmishes. You get points while playing the game so some of that you can get for free, but realistically have to start paying some cash when you get to Angmar or Moria - can still be a tourist in regions not bought so it isn't compulsory to buy everything in level order. Still cheaper than subscribing (although do need a single 1 month subscription to unlock some other stuff).

Still, something like 4p per hour played is close to free.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I've got one too.

Fire Emblem Heroes' "best deal" pack for its premium currency (Orbs, which are spent to summon character units to use in battle, which have star based ranks up to 5*) is $75 for 140 Orbs.

140 Orbs is nothing. Spending 140 Orbs trying to get a specific unit will not only very rarely get you that unit, you can easily spend 140 Orbs and not get a single 5*. The $75 spent doesn't guarantee you'll get anything better than common 3-4* early game trash units.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I've spent more on TPA than all other apps and in app purchases combined. Each table was worth it for me. I didn't buy them all, and there are a few I regret, but I'm glad I did. There are a few on the app that I loved as a kid, and one or two I've grown to really enjoy even though I've never played them IRL.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Perhaps there are lucky coin days, sometimes they'll drop with unusually high frequency. Could be once a week?

Received the Poco F1 today, Williams Pinball is a revelation compared to my old Moto G4.
- The 18.7:9 aspect ratio is superior and provides a clearer view of the table.
- Manual plunging benefits from the increased vertical screen space.
- Performance is astounding with the Snapdragon 845, silky smooth frame rates and vastly improved menu response.
- There are no mechanical issues with VUKs or ball locks (Black Rose / Party Zone).
- Unfortunately Safe Cracker tokens do not carry over to new devices.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Does anybody happen to know what the starting amount of tickets and coins are for the app when first opened? I want to say it was 50 or 75 coins, but I don't remember.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Oh damn! That's why I'm asking, because at launch I got a much different total than what people are probably getting now.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just had a quick go on the mobile app and got an advert I hadn't seen before. Company for trading commodities etc., and on the bottom it had 83% of investors lost money - er, don't think I'll bother with that one either!

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Wasn't aware of any app updates but just noticed a couple of minor changes:
- Basic Challenge refresh reduced to 20 tickets.
- ToM XP points drastically reduced.

I thought the Basic refresh cost was fine at 25, perhaps it's a subtle way to encourage additional advert clicks for card flip 4.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Does anybody happen to know what the starting amount of tickets and coins are for the app when first opened? I want to say it was 50 or 75 coins, but I don't remember.
Through a phone reset, I've lost my Google Play Games progress and have an open support case with Zen to restore it.

Here is the starting balances after force upgrading one table for 300 tix.

34d78e9421817a303c3d94b8ec5aef55.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.