Williams Pinball App Discussion

Catapult Ace

May 27, 2015
Hope people got the 150 (!) coins for the server downtime. I managed to get double coins for the anniversary thing so unlocked visual extras/pro physics for all tables already. Keeping these coins back for when new tables come along.

New challenges Black Lagoon/Theatre of Magic.

Thanks for the hint. Didn't play much recently, so didn't notice the server downtime but got the 150 coins.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
What the hell?? I am not getting any of these coin gifts you guys are. And then when I go on the app and push 'contact us', it says I don't have an email setup with the app, yet, it's right there under VIP and I am clearly logged in via Game Center. Are you all on Android that are getting the bumps? Cuz I'm on iOS, wondering if that has anything to do with it.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
What the hell?? I am not getting any of these coin gifts you guys are. And then when I go on the app and push 'contact us', it says I don't have an email setup with the app, yet, it's right there under VIP and I am clearly logged in via Game Center. Are you all on Android that are getting the bumps? Cuz I'm on iOS, wondering if that has anything to do with it.

I got the 150 Zenbucks and I'm on Android. Maybe your work as a beta tester disqualifies you? Maybe a vast Zen conspiracy against Apple users?

I'll just see myself out.....

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I'm on Android and have just tried and got the 150 coins. I haven't run it for about 3 weeks, so that doesn't look like it affects it.

PS, I also got the 100 coins when that was available.

Last edited:

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
Nothing for me on IOS either - would have come in handy, I've maxed all the parts again now, just 180 coins shy of unlocking them all at ****

dmil666

May 19, 2018
ugh I hate the hurricane table... how can anyone have a game on that table for any amount of time??

The Zen version of the Hurricane table is quite lively, as you've probably noticed. The trick that I've found for extending play time is to let the ball bounce around and lose energy before trying to make a shot or catch the ball. Trying to play the ball every time it comes whizzing by the flippers is a good way to get lots of drains.
I still stink at Zen Hurricane, but I don't stink nearly as badly now.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I just claimed it then. Like [MENTION=7432]wilbers[/MENTION] I also got the free 100 last time.
00b4717d08b5fe42092276ad97fc564b.jpg

Hammerjoe

Jan 28, 2020
Im more and more convinced that the game changes something that makes gameplay harder. I was playing junkyard in the league tournament and I could not keep the ball in the field. It must have drained over 30 times in the span of 3 minutes. I usually dont do too bad with this table.
Yesterday I lost 6 games in a row in the league. I quit the app and restarted it and didnt lose any of the 4 games that I played.

This is just what I have observed.
Another thing is I dont know why I bother with multiball, I cant keep the balls in the field for more than 10 seconds... its crazy. The other day, I dont remember what table I was playing I got the multiball and the three balls drained straight, I didnt get to hit any of them and when they came out the first two straight out drained and managed to salvage the last ball to keep it in play. It was insane.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Im more and more convinced that the game changes something that makes gameplay harder. I was playing junkyard in the league tournament and I could not keep the ball in the field. It must have drained over 30 times in the span of 3 minutes. I usually dont do too bad with this table.
Yesterday I lost 6 games in a row in the league. I quit the app and restarted it and didnt lose any of the 4 games that I played.

This is just what I have observed.
Another thing is I dont know why I bother with multiball, I cant keep the balls in the field for more than 10 seconds... its crazy. The other day, I dont remember what table I was playing I got the multiball and the three balls drained straight, I didnt get to hit any of them and when they came out the first two straight out drained and managed to salvage the last ball to keep it in play. It was insane.

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug....

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
But see, this to me is what makes it more realistic. There’s been plenty of times when playing on a real machine that these exact things happen. I’ve never played one where I could consistently do the same thing over and over based on expected ball behavior. These machines were designed to drain balls, not to let you have a 10 minute ball.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
But see, this to me is what makes it more realistic. There’s been plenty of times when playing on a real machine that these exact things happen. I’ve never played one where I could consistently do the same thing over and over based on expected ball behavior. These machines were designed to drain balls, not to let you have a 10 minute ball.

Yep, you have to remember that these things were originally made to make money first and to entertain the marks second (or maybe third or fourth even). If the tables played exactly the same way every time you played them, they'd get boring pretty quickly. For me, anyway.
Having said that, there are times when it seems like a table is deliberately picking on me.....

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
ive been playing the hell out of the android version this lock down. i actually have 6 tables 3 stared now and only need around 40ish peices on all the 3 stars to get them to 4. i have a self made goal to get 60 peices a day and its been going smooth... exept the one thing that has me so annoyed... constant "fetching data" load screens that go on for a minute just to be given an error couldnt connect message... every single time i do anything, all the damn time. completing challenges only to have it error and tell act like you didnt complete it and having to do it again. being completely shut out of doing any challeges because it cant connect for long periods of time. i spend about an hour a day looking at loading screens that fail, its very upsetting. i dont watch the commercials because they also have to load and hand shake multiple times and error, not worth the wait. then sometimes it just works with no issues. why why why does it need to shake hands 4 times every time you do a challenge, it gives it 4 times to fail and 4 times to sit around waiting for minutes long each. is this just me?

strells

Oct 7, 2014
No the server is just wonky and annoying.

But you don't even mention the 100 Zen coins you need to get to 4 stars. Getting the tickets for 3 stars (plus 3000 tickets) and then another 100 parts and 100 Zen coins to get to 4 stars is excruciating. I finally have 2 tables at 4 stars and only 2 left to get to 3 stars, but I still need parts on a bunch of tables and absolutely need Zen coins. The app is extremely stingy with Zen coins, probably because they want you to buy them with real money instead of earning them. I hope that once I get everything to 3 stars and get all parts for all machines, it will start giving out Zen coins more regularly.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
No the server is just wonky and annoying.

But you don't even mention the 100 Zen coins you need to get to 4 stars. Getting the tickets for 3 stars (plus 3000 tickets) and then another 100 parts and 100 Zen coins to get to 4 stars is excruciating. I finally have 2 tables at 4 stars and only 2 left to get to 3 stars, but I still need parts on a bunch of tables and absolutely need Zen coins. The app is extremely stingy with Zen coins, probably because they want you to buy them with real money instead of earning them. I hope that once I get everything to 3 stars and get all parts for all machines, it will start giving out Zen coins more regularly.

Once you have all the parts, it’ll start giving you coins instead. Most of the time you’ll get one coin per challenge, but the ‘hard’ versions often give a few more.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Once you have all the parts, it’ll start giving you coins instead. Most of the time you’ll get one coin per challenge, but the ‘hard’ versions often give a few more.

I can verify this info. I have all tables fully unlocked and this is what I'm seeing...mostly arcade tickets and coins (coins in place of table parts). You also get periodic flipper and ball skins & trails so be aware of that (I personally find these "enhancements" absolutely useless but that's just me).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.