Williams Pinball App Discussion

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, so when the last pack dropped, I had 350 coins in reserve. Took a little over a month to earn all 3 table's parts, after which I started earning coins once more. Of course having done the upgrades, I was once more back down to 50. I have since gotten myself back up to 464 coins by trying to play once every cycle. The goal is to have 600 in reserve by the next table pack.

I do wanna say, if you already have plenty of coins in reserve and have not done so yet, consider spending the 200 coins needed to open up the 4th challenge slot. It seems like a lot (and it is), but it does help you earn an extra 3-7 table parts daily, or the same in coins once all parts are earned.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I do wanna say, if you already have plenty of coins in reserve and have not done so yet, consider spending the 200 coins needed to open up the 4th challenge slot. It seems like a lot (and it is), but it does help you earn an extra 3-7 table parts daily, or the same in coins once all parts are earned.

Great tip and I just may end up utilizing it. I currently have 1,510 coins saved up...I made a couple of purchases during the Valentine's Day sale where the coins were basically half off; a "case" of 800 and a "pile" of 150. So a total of 950 coins for $11.98. The rest (560 coins) are residual, re-credited by Zen due to errors and earned.

My arcade tickets (34,685) were all earned by watching the bi-hourly ads and by playing the challenges...I try and implement the 50 "free ticket pack" as regularly as possible.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I opened up the fourth challenge as soon as I could (the free coin bonus a few months ago made it possible), but I think I hurt my coin counts by a) accessing the fifth challenge reward too many times for one coin each (stupid ball trails and flipper types) and b) spending five coins occasionally to reopen the 3rd and 4th challenges without waiting a day. It took me forever to earn enough coins to 4-star my second table recently and now I have a whopping total of 9 coins I've earned since unlocking that table to 4-stars last week, playing almost every day. That's why I mentioned the stinginess of getting coins as rewards. As others mentioned, that should change when I finish collecting parts.

Now why hasn't Zen had any time-limited challenges recently? I thought that was going to be a weekly thing.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
yeah i know i need 100 zen coins for each tables. im not trying to get every single one right away or anything, but currently i have 244 coins, so as soon as monster bash and either medival madness or attack from mars get all the parts im after those first. attack from mars is close now, 17 parts left. i noticed white water is the most behind that i have 3 stared and can see, it needs 93 peoces still, the rest i can see all need below 40. hurricane seems to get peices more than any other table but i dont know how close it is because i refuse to give it even one star ha, dont want to play it in challenges. i asume hurricane must be near full by now i see it so much.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Safe Cracker is the one for me that I have not moved beyond 1 star. After 3-starring Junkyard yesterday, Safe Cracker is the only one left that I haven't upgraded at all.

My part counts for most tables are pretty good. I have in the 80s or 90s for most of my 3-star tables. It's my coin count that is atrocious at this point.

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
Right this is getting ridiculous now...sorry if this has been asked before but when are they announcing some more tables? Is there a reason they haven’t, has the virus stopped production or is there a licensing thing that means they can’t come out until a certain date?

At one point it sounded like Zen had big plans for this year and now they’re just turning into Farsight :(

(Obviously this doesn’t detract from the OUTSTANDING work they’ve done so far on Williams games)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Right this is getting ridiculous now...sorry if this has been asked before but when are they announcing some more tables? Is there a reason they haven’t, has the virus stopped production or is there a licensing thing that means they can’t come out until a certain date?

At one point it sounded like Zen had big plans for this year and now they’re just turning into Farsight :(

(Obviously this doesn’t detract from the OUTSTANDING work they’ve done so far on Williams games)
I know it's frustrating.

Your patience and passion will be rewarded.

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
Your patience and passion will be rewarded.

This is exciting at least, guessing there will be some big licenses or big announcements coming, as much as I would love Cactus Canyon, Who Dunnit and Jack.Bot, I feel like a regular pack after this amount of waiting isn’t what’s happening.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
i hope the next thing we hear is something like zen merges with far sight, with all prior licences still in place and renewed. then throw in a little the next gen fx4 will feature buildt in vr option for every table, and a dash of indiana jones.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
this game has become intolerable to grind. is it just happening to me or is it everybody who gets connect errors over and over and over. opening a suitcase takes me 5-7 minutes of retrying. just even starting a challenge takes forever, and after opening a suit case its another contant bunch of connect errors to get back to the menu. this has become so much worse than it already used to be.

Ironmike

Apr 9, 2019
I’m finding the same Pete. With the table drought, I took a month off. The errors are worse than ever. Hopefully they right the ship soon.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
it was working great for the past week, but today i cant even get it to go past the opening logo screen, and if i hit cancel rather than retry it says im level 1 with zero anything. how are you supposed to play offline when youve unlocked tables that claim to be playable offline

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Pete,

If you turn on airplane mode (or disable Wi-Fi and cellular) and then start the game, you'll be presented with a dialog that will let you actually "Play Offline". You won't be playing at your earned experience level nor have any ability to use any online aspects of the game but you'll at least be able to play your unlocked tables.

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
thank you good to know. it works again now, maybe they were doing something with the server i dunno... but im happy to report that about 5 minutes ago i finally collected every peice and am now being awarded a coin instead, its been a long ride... now i just need to grind a million more hours for all the coins lol. have 149 right now and 4510 tickets waiting for the new tables to drop before i decide what to spend em on

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
now i just need to grind a million more hours for all the coins lol. have 149 right now and 4510 tickets waiting for the new tables to drop before i decide what to spend em on

Grind, grind, grind! Do it for the coins while you can, before the new tables drop, because then you'll be back to collecting parts. With 3 challenge slots open, in one 24hr cycle you should get 12-16 coins. Spend the tickets to play 2 more rounds of the easy challenge, that'll nab you another 6 coins minimum. That means every 4 days you should have 100 coins added to your stash.

Also, there's a way to not blow through your tickets when attempting (and failing) challenges. If playing 1 Ball and you drain, exit the challenge before the bonus count finishes and your tickets won't be subtracted. With 5 minute and survival, you just need to exit while there's still time on the clock. This way it doesn't matter how many attempts you make, it'll only cost you the one time once you complete it.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Grind, grind, grind! Do it for the coins while you can, before the new tables drop, because then you'll be back to collecting parts. With 3 challenge slots open, in one 24hr cycle you should get 12-16 coins. Spend the tickets to play 2 more rounds of the easy challenge, that'll nab you another 6 coins minimum. That means every 4 days you should have 100 coins added to your stash.

This is exactly what I've been doing for the past few months to build up my coin stash (which is now up to 1,534). I did buy coins when they were half off but I think it was likely the 800 coin package so I have actually earned quite a few.

Also, there's a way to not blow through your tickets when attempting (and failing) challenges. If playing 1 Ball and you drain, exit the challenge before the bonus count finishes and your tickets won't be subtracted. With 5 minute and survival, you just need to exit while there's still time on the clock. This way it doesn't matter how many attempts you make, it'll only cost you the one time once you complete it.

I've been watching ads for the 50 free tickets as often as humanly possible...currently at 63,200. I have not once purchased any arcade tickets...all earned or free every two hours.

Great tip for cutting the game short to minimize the ticket expenditure...Thanks!

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I don’t think that bailing the table if you know you won’t complete the challenge works anymore...the arcade tickets are subtracted from your stash immediately upon accepting the challenge.

At least it’s not working for me...

Maybe this was one of the “bug fixes” implemented in the one of the recent updates.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I don’t think that bailing the table if you know you won’t complete the challenge works anymore...the arcade tickets are subtracted from your stash immediately upon accepting the challenge.

At least it’s not working for me...

Maybe this was one of the “bug fixes” implemented in the one of the recent updates.

I just checked and it still works. I noted my ticket number (it ended in 345), started a challenge, pressed the pause button and 'exit challenge', was sent back to the main menu and my ticket count still ended in 345. I'm on iOS, so can't say if it works for Android.

Members online

Members online