Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Williams Pinball App Discussion

My Devices
    Samsungy Galaxy S5, S7 edge, PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received the coins on Android as well but not on iOS.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On iOS. I didn’t get the server coin offer. But did get the previous offer.

My Devices
    Android Tablet/phone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im more and more convinced that the game changes something that makes gameplay harder. I was playing junkyard in the league tournament and I could not keep the ball in the field. It must have drained over 30 times in the span of 3 minutes. I usually dont do too bad with this table.
    Yesterday I lost 6 games in a row in the league. I quit the app and restarted it and didnt lose any of the 4 games that I played.

This is just what I have observed.
    Another thing is I dont know why I bother with multiball, I cant keep the balls in the field for more than 10 seconds... its crazy. The other day, I dont remember what table I was playing I got the multiball and the three balls drained straight, I didnt get to hit any of them and when they came out the first two straight out drained and managed to salvage the last ball to keep it in play. It was insane.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerjoe View Post
    Im more and more convinced that the game changes something that makes gameplay harder. I was playing junkyard in the league tournament and I could not keep the ball in the field. It must have drained over 30 times in the span of 3 minutes. I usually dont do too bad with this table.
    Yesterday I lost 6 games in a row in the league. I quit the app and restarted it and didnt lose any of the 4 games that I played.

This is just what I have observed.
    Another thing is I dont know why I bother with multiball, I cant keep the balls in the field for more than 10 seconds... its crazy. The other day, I dont remember what table I was playing I got the multiball and the three balls drained straight, I didnt get to hit any of them and when they came out the first two straight out drained and managed to salvage the last ball to keep it in play. It was insane.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug....
    Who says you can't take it with you?

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    But see, this to me is what makes it more realistic. There’s been plenty of times when playing on a real machine that these exact things happen. I’ve never played one where I could consistently do the same thing over and over based on expected ball behavior. These machines were designed to drain balls, not to let you have a 10 minute ball.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    But see, this to me is what makes it more realistic. There’s been plenty of times when playing on a real machine that these exact things happen. I’ve never played one where I could consistently do the same thing over and over based on expected ball behavior. These machines were designed to drain balls, not to let you have a 10 minute ball.
    Yep, you have to remember that these things were originally made to make money first and to entertain the marks second (or maybe third or fourth even). If the tables played exactly the same way every time you played them, they'd get boring pretty quickly. For me, anyway.
    Having said that, there are times when it seems like a table is deliberately picking on me.....
    Who says you can't take it with you?

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive been playing the hell out of the android version this lock down. i actually have 6 tables 3 stared now and only need around 40ish peices on all the 3 stars to get them to 4. i have a self made goal to get 60 peices a day and its been going smooth... exept the one thing that has me so annoyed... constant "fetching data" load screens that go on for a minute just to be given an error couldnt connect message... every single time i do anything, all the damn time. completing challenges only to have it error and tell act like you didnt complete it and having to do it again. being completely shut out of doing any challeges because it cant connect for long periods of time. i spend about an hour a day looking at loading screens that fail, its very upsetting. i dont watch the commercials because they also have to load and hand shake multiple times and error, not worth the wait. then sometimes it just works with no issues. why why why does it need to shake hands 4 times every time you do a challenge, it gives it 4 times to fail and 4 times to sit around waiting for minutes long each. is this just me?

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No the server is just wonky and annoying.

But you don't even mention the 100 Zen coins you need to get to 4 stars. Getting the tickets for 3 stars (plus 3000 tickets) and then another 100 parts and 100 Zen coins to get to 4 stars is excruciating. I finally have 2 tables at 4 stars and only 2 left to get to 3 stars, but I still need parts on a bunch of tables and absolutely need Zen coins. The app is extremely stingy with Zen coins, probably because they want you to buy them with real money instead of earning them. I hope that once I get everything to 3 stars and get all parts for all machines, it will start giving out Zen coins more regularly.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strells View Post
    No the server is just wonky and annoying.

But you don't even mention the 100 Zen coins you need to get to 4 stars. Getting the tickets for 3 stars (plus 3000 tickets) and then another 100 parts and 100 Zen coins to get to 4 stars is excruciating. I finally have 2 tables at 4 stars and only 2 left to get to 3 stars, but I still need parts on a bunch of tables and absolutely need Zen coins. The app is extremely stingy with Zen coins, probably because they want you to buy them with real money instead of earning them. I hope that once I get everything to 3 stars and get all parts for all machines, it will start giving out Zen coins more regularly.
    Once you have all the parts, it’ll start giving you coins instead. Most of the time you’ll get one coin per challenge, but the ‘hard’ versions often give a few more.

My Devices
    iPad mini 4, iPhone 5s (iOS 12.4.6), PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you have all the parts, it’ll start giving you coins instead. Most of the time you’ll get one coin per challenge, but the ‘hard’ versions often give a few more.
    I can verify this info. I have all tables fully unlocked and this is what I'm seeing...mostly arcade tickets and coins (coins in place of table parts). You also get periodic flipper and ball skins & trails so be aware of that (I personally find these "enhancements" absolutely useless but that's just me).

My Devices
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah, so when the last pack dropped, I had 350 coins in reserve. Took a little over a month to earn all 3 table's parts, after which I started earning coins once more. Of course having done the upgrades, I was once more back down to 50. I have since gotten myself back up to 464 coins by trying to play once every cycle. The goal is to have 600 in reserve by the next table pack.

I do wanna say, if you already have plenty of coins in reserve and have not done so yet, consider spending the 200 coins needed to open up the 4th challenge slot. It seems like a lot (and it is), but it does help you earn an extra 3-7 table parts daily, or the same in coins once all parts are earned.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    iPad mini 4, iPhone 5s (iOS 12.4.6), PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do wanna say, if you already have plenty of coins in reserve and have not done so yet, consider spending the 200 coins needed to open up the 4th challenge slot. It seems like a lot (and it is), but it does help you earn an extra 3-7 table parts daily, or the same in coins once all parts are earned.
    Great tip and I just may end up utilizing it. I currently have 1,510 coins saved up...I made a couple of purchases during the Valentine's Day sale where the coins were basically half off; a "case" of 800 and a "pile" of 150. So a total of 950 coins for $11.98. The rest (560 coins) are residual, re-credited by Zen due to errors and earned.

My arcade tickets (34,685) were all earned by watching the bi-hourly ads and by playing the challenges...I try and implement the 50 "free ticket pack" as regularly as possible.

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I opened up the fourth challenge as soon as I could (the free coin bonus a few months ago made it possible), but I think I hurt my coin counts by a) accessing the fifth challenge reward too many times for one coin each (stupid ball trails and flipper types) and b) spending five coins occasionally to reopen the 3rd and 4th challenges without waiting a day. It took me forever to earn enough coins to 4-star my second table recently and now I have a whopping total of 9 coins I've earned since unlocking that table to 4-stars last week, playing almost every day. That's why I mentioned the stinginess of getting coins as rewards. As others mentioned, that should change when I finish collecting parts.

Now why hasn't Zen had any time-limited challenges recently? I thought that was going to be a weekly thing.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i know i need 100 zen coins for each tables. im not trying to get every single one right away or anything, but currently i have 244 coins, so as soon as monster bash and either medival madness or attack from mars get all the parts im after those first. attack from mars is close now, 17 parts left. i noticed white water is the most behind that i have 3 stared and can see, it needs 93 peoces still, the rest i can see all need below 40. hurricane seems to get peices more than any other table but i dont know how close it is because i refuse to give it even one star ha, dont want to play it in challenges. i asume hurricane must be near full by now i see it so much.

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Safe Cracker is the one for me that I have not moved beyond 1 star. After 3-starring Junkyard yesterday, Safe Cracker is the only one left that I haven't upgraded at all.

My part counts for most tables are pretty good. I have in the 80s or 90s for most of my 3-star tables. It's my coin count that is atrocious at this point.

My Devices
    iPad 2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right this is getting ridiculous now...sorry if this has been asked before but when are they announcing some more tables? Is there a reason they haven’t, has the virus stopped production or is there a licensing thing that means they can’t come out until a certain date?

At one point it sounded like Zen had big plans for this year and now they’re just turning into Farsight

(Obviously this doesn’t detract from the OUTSTANDING work they’ve done so far on Williams games)

My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieval_Gofers View Post
    Right this is getting ridiculous now...sorry if this has been asked before but when are they announcing some more tables? Is there a reason they haven’t, has the virus stopped production or is there a licensing thing that means they can’t come out until a certain date?

At one point it sounded like Zen had big plans for this year and now they’re just turning into Farsight

(Obviously this doesn’t detract from the OUTSTANDING work they’ve done so far on Williams games)
    I know it's frustrating.

Your patience and passion will be rewarded.
    Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

My Devices
    XBOX One S, Galaxy Note 10+, Windows 10 PC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I would rather eat the rotten ******* of a road kill skunk
    And down it with beer?

Wow, my first comment here in ages and I really set my bar low
    I used to use Windows Vista, then I took an Aero in the knee

XBL -> SilverballNut

Check out my latest PinVlog - Big Shot Commentary and Strategy

Older videos can be found here:
    High Speed Impression and Commentary

My Devices
    iPad 2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredmorgs View Post
    Your patience and passion will be rewarded.
    This is exciting at least, guessing there will be some big licenses or big announcements coming, as much as I would love Cactus Canyon, Who Dunnit and Jack.Bot, I feel like a regular pack after this amount of waiting isn’t what’s happening.

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully at least one table in the next table pack is new to us (ie wasn't in TPA).

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope the next thing we hear is something like zen merges with far sight, with all prior licences still in place and renewed. then throw in a little the next gen fx4 will feature buildt in vr option for every table, and a dash of indiana jones.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819